Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MOD ignores UFO reports

Still Waters

Theres always evidence ! ITs just hidden out under Wright Patterson !

Along with the Tooth Fairy and Mitt Romney's Tax return........

In other words the US and UK Governments are saying "Don't bother us any more with reports because we really don't know any more than you do. They are too clever for us and we just don't know what we are dealing with'.

That is what their statements amount to.

Actually it's more like "We got more important things to do like saving our people and taking over poor countries, than to look at dots and lights in the sky or blurry videos of them which have caused no tangible threat and could be a dozen different things, just because a bunch of fanatics think that is the most important issue and that the world revolves around UFO sightings".

That's not what I'm thinking, that's what I think they're thinking.

• Like 1

well then we do nothing I guess :)

more interesting is that we find out they know what I suspect they know/did know....although still not sure what the next move would be

I just honestly think the authorities know as much as you or I. It strikes me that there is absolutely nothing from stopping people trace the footsteps they claim to have uncovered and go get a real Alien to show off on the 6:00 news.

don't know what to believe anymore too much disinfo i think there demonic myself then again so are our goverments.

• Like 1

Not sure but what this is tangential to the subject of this thread, but since there seems to be some doubt as to the existence of UFOs/abductions, I thought this link might be a challenge to the skeptics:

http://ufos.about.com/od/aliensalienabduction/a/bestabductions_2.htm

Not sure but what this is tangential to the subject of this thread, but since there seems to be some doubt as to the existence of UFOs/abductions, I thought this link might be a challenge to the skeptics:

http://ufos.about.co...bductions_2.htm

This explains nothing Alien Abductions are not real but a result of sleep paralysis....

They just "say" they don't investigate to keep the public cool about it.

The MOD is the same as their counterparts here in Canada. When something is spotted on radar, they scramble jets...always. To turn a blind eye is inviting disaster as it could be an attack. In our Canadian North we get orders to scramble regularly as Russian aircraft constantly test our defences by approaching very close to our airspace.

They tell the public they're not investigating because there is nothing an eyewitness could add anyway.

You can be sure if something unidentified shows up, the military scrambles and investigates.

This explains nothing Alien Abductions are not real but a result of sleep paralysis....

I suggest you look up the movie "Fire in the Sky", the true story of Travis Walton. Not only that, sometimes abductions are witnessed by others, and many times during the abduction in the case of children their parents are looking them and can't find them. That would be rather unusual if they were asleep on their beds, wouldn't it?

edited for clarity

Edited by Gummug

I suggest you look up the movie "Fire in the Sky", the true story of Travis Walton. Not only that, sometimes abductions are witnessed by others, and many times during the abduction in the case of children their parents are looking them and can't find them. That would be rather unusual if they were asleep on their beds, wouldn't it?

edited for clarity

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4094

Hollywood beefed this story up quite a lot and Travis Walton took a lie detector test which you'll find showed more negatives than positives.Even the most famous abduction case of all,the story of Barney and Betty hill is flawed.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

At the end of the day people will believe what they want and remember Betty Hill was absolutely fanatical about UFO'S so at the end of the day one's own belief system will play a part in making a supposed abduction seem real when in fact it is not really happening.

Edited by shaddow134

Well, you're right, Shaddow I think at the end of the day people believe what they want to believe. I read both your links and found it interesting that in the comments at the bottom not everyone accepted the articles' premises. I tried to do a search on skeptoid.com while I was there for "alien implantations" but it didn't turn up anything. I'm just wondering, do you have to pay to join skeptoid.com? I'm kinda poor boy, and cheapskate to boot, lol. Thanks.

They just "say" they don't investigate to keep the public cool about it.

The MOD is the same as their counterparts here in Canada. When something is spotted on radar, they scramble jets...always. To turn a blind eye is inviting disaster as it could be an attack. In our Canadian North we get orders to scramble regularly as Russian aircraft constantly test our defences by approaching very close to our airspace.

They tell the public they're not investigating because there is nothing an eyewitness could add anyway.

You can be sure if something unidentified shows up, the military scrambles and investigates.

There is no obstacle to conducting your own investigations.

There is no obstacle to conducting your own investigations.

I completely agree.

No doubt most of us are here for exactly that reason...certainly to gain the insight and perspective of others.

I completely agree.

No doubt most of us are here for exactly that reason...certainly to gain the insight and perspective of others.

Considering that many do, and have come up with no better than any investigative body, does that not indicate that the authorities know as much as we do?

I think the UFO issue os a bit of a hot potato to be honest. Who wants to be in charge of answers on something we do not understand?

Considering that many do, and have come up with no better than any investigative body, does that not indicate that the authorities know as much as we do?

I think the UFO issue os a bit of a hot potato to be honest. Who wants to be in charge of answers on something we do not understand?

You are probably correct. Government thrives on control, so they are never going to admit all their secrets have been made public. They maintain the cloak of secrecy and in doing so make us believe they know more. It's all about control. That's why they will never admit they have crashed vehicles, they have bodies, and they have reverse engineered many things...cause that would give up control over us.

Since we make such wild claims and they remain silent, it makes us look like loonies.

You are probably correct. Government thrives on control, so they are never going to admit all their secrets have been made public. They maintain the cloak of secrecy and in doing so make us believe they know more. It's all about control. That's why they will never admit they have crashed vehicles, they have bodies, and they have reverse engineered many things...cause that would give up control over us.

Since we make such wild claims and they remain silent, it makes us look like loonies.

I do not think it is the Governmental silence that offers the loony angle, that comes with the claims themselves, and the fact that most of them dismiss themselves. If we look at the perceived obstacles you have chosen above,

1 - Control. Private Enterprise tends to control the Government a great deal more than you realise. Mining Magnates can shape the value of a countries dollar. They will have input as to what taxes they are prepared to pay, or they will simply move to another country. To maintain resources and economic stability, Governments have no choice but to bow to big business.

2- Governments themselves. With the current tensions in the middle east, the cold war in the past, and all the civil conflicts in between I fail to see how the US could keep interstellar visitors a secret. Not only do most major countries have the resources to monitor interstellar traffic, many have no love for the US and have absolutely no reason to keep quiet about such happenings. The amateur community is more than capable of this level of monitoring itself. The last 2 Jupiter strikes were reported to NASA by amateurs. The entire UN cannot even keep the Sea Shepard out of the water, and could not stop France blowing up an innocent atoll, nor curb North Vietnams nuclear experiments, so I fail to see how this magnificent secret is being kept globally. That logically simply cannot happen.

3 - Crashed vehicles? Do you really believe that an advanced species would ba capable of fending of all the dangers of space to crash in a quiet and predictable atmosphere? This would be one of the safest environments in the Universe to fly in. Storms on Jupiter make our worst typhoons look like a mild summer breeze. Yet somehow, this is the place to crash.

4 - Reverse engineering. There is absolutely no proof of anything being reverse engineered, but plenty of the opposite. Every invention has a long history of R&D associated with it. Nothing pops up overnight. LINK - The Industrial Revolution.

Personally, I feel if we are to see contact from another civilisation, that such contact will be in the form of communications. It just makes sense to me that it would be the best way to initiate first contact.

But considering the above, there are many reasons why the CT's don't hold water, I think that we should all have a closer look before making a statement. We all make mistakes, that is that nature of being human, but if we learn from them, they are a good thing. I do not think we need to keep asking the questions above, I think they answer themselves with a little thought.

Of course they'll investigate any object that hits their radar, regardless if it's a U.F.O or not. They just don't want too much hassle from people claiming they have seen a UFO when most of the time it's lanterns and Venus LOL.

I do not think it is the Governmental silence that offers the loony angle, that comes with the claims themselves, and the fact that most of them dismiss themselves. If we look at the perceived obstacles you have chosen above,

1 - Control. Private Enterprise tends to control the Government a great deal more than you realise. Mining Magnates can shape the value of a countries dollar. They will have input as to what taxes they are prepared to pay, or they will simply move to another country. To maintain resources and economic stability, Governments have no choice but to bow to big business.

2- Governments themselves. With the current tensions in the middle east, the cold war in the past, and all the civil conflicts in between I fail to see how the US could keep interstellar visitors a secret. Not only do most major countries have the resources to monitor interstellar traffic, many have no love for the US and have absolutely no reason to keep quiet about such happenings. The amateur community is more than capable of this level of monitoring itself. The last 2 Jupiter strikes were reported to NASA by amateurs. The entire UN cannot even keep the Sea Shepard out of the water, and could not stop France blowing up an innocent atoll, nor curb North Vietnams nuclear experiments, so I fail to see how this magnificent secret is being kept globally. That logically simply cannot happen.

3 - Crashed vehicles? Do you really believe that an advanced species would ba capable of fending of all the dangers of space to crash in a quiet and predictable atmosphere? This would be one of the safest environments in the Universe to fly in. Storms on Jupiter make our worst typhoons look like a mild summer breeze. Yet somehow, this is the place to crash.

4 - Reverse engineering. There is absolutely no proof of anything being reverse engineered, but plenty of the opposite. Every invention has a long history of R&D associated with it. Nothing pops up overnight. LINK - The Industrial Revolution.

Personally, I feel if we are to see contact from another civilisation, that such contact will be in the form of communications. It just makes sense to me that it would be the best way to initiate first contact.

But considering the above, there are many reasons why the CT's don't hold water, I think that we should all have a closer look before making a statement. We all make mistakes, that is that nature of being human, but if we learn from them, they are a good thing. I do not think we need to keep asking the questions above, I think they answer themselves with a little thought.

1. In using the term "government", I realize there are entities above them with the ultimate control. "Government" is merely the legal "figurehead" of their plans. Large corporations and the filthy rich are in charge, specifically through their massive funding and lobbying efforts surrounding their chosen government candidate.

2. My point is that the government may not have any secret left about the UFO subject, but by implying they do through their silence, it gives them the upper hand.

3. It is possible that there have been artifacts retrieved. I'm not saying UFO's have crashed...I was using that as an example. I should have clarified myself.

4. Same as 3. I was using the three biggest claims made by ufologists as a point. Again I should have clarified. Crashed vehicles, alien bodies, and reverse engineering their technology. I don't think the claims can be more extreme than that. Personally I don't think there a shred of truth in any of these wild claims.

I think were on the same page with this. Sorry I didn't clarify myself better. I was a bit short on time when I wrote my post.

Keep looking up!