Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hungry Blue Skinned Red Eyed Human Like....

insideme

Hello, I am new to this forum and need some help figuring out these dreams. :)

I once had a dream as a young child. I never knew why I had this dream as my siblings and I weren't allowed to watch movies above a G rating. I remember this dream all the time with no problem as it scared the heebie jeebies out of me when I was a child.

I dreamed: My sister and I were asleep in bed together (except we were sleeping in my brothers room). It was dark outside and we heard a knock on the window. I lifted up the blinds by pulling the string. It was raining and a blue man with red eyes was staring at us, licking his lips. His teeth were shiny, I guess from the rain. This man was wearing a long dark coat... My sister and I went and hid in the same bedroom we were sleeping in. I remember I hid behind the dresser. I peeked at the window. He was quickly pacing back and forth, staring in the window, licking his lips and making grunts like a hungry predator or something. He said (growled it) "Let me in."

I yelled "no" then I woke up. I didn't cry when I awoke. I just sat there thinking about it...which is odd for me as I was (and still am) a scaredy cat. I have never had that dream again...not once.

The creepiest thing is when was about 16... my brother, who is mentally challenged, told me once, that a man who once lived in a mansion was watching me. I asked him a bunch of questions about it. He gave me answers to a few of them which I can't remember.

Also, at the age of 16 later on...I had another dream of a blue guy (his eyes, I don't remember). But he was a paler blue and younger. I went to the bathroom at school..no one in there. He appears, says something, bites my wrist and disappears. I wake up... He didn't seem hostile like the one I dreamed about as a child.

Then somewhere around the age of 22 or 23 (I'm 24 now), I have another dream of the same young guy. He is the same age he was when I was 16 (he looks about 18 -20 years old). In the dream it is a similar scenario. I am in a grocery store restroom, he appears, pale blue/grayish skin this time and his eyes I never could see clearly in my dream. He peaks over the bathroom stall at me (creepy), smiles...then I don't remember anything after that in my dream.

What do these dreams mean? What if I have another one about this guy (whom I've never seen in real life...ever)? Is he in connection with the blue man with red eyes (piercing red eyes...almost mesmerizing)?

Thank you!

I've been wondering about these dreams for such a long time...

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I might be able to tell you what several people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

You did very well in the first dream. You faced up to a fearsome situation and held your ground and asserted yourself.

I yelled "no" then I woke up. I didn't cry when I awoke. I just sat there thinking about it...which is odd for me as I was (and still am) a scaredy cat.

You weren't a scaredy cat in that dream. It was a vicarious growth experience. It accomplished its "purpose," you experienced courage under threat.

I didn't completely understand what happened in the later waking interaction with your brother, or what you made of it. Sorry.

Although that dream didn't recur, it did establish some "markers" (bluish skin, invading your privacy) of important dream characters for your personal "dream vocabulary" or "personal dreaming style." In your other two dreams, I think an animus dream character (searchable; but quickly, male, often close to the dreamer's age, benevolent, seeks contact) adopted those markers so that you would pay attention to those dreams.

I also didin't completely understand your remark that he wasn't hostile, right after saying he had bitten you on the wrist.

He is not the "same" character as the original blue man, he even has some contrasting traits besides not being hostile (you don't see his eyes, he doesn't ask when he invades your space, he's already there, but he isn't demanding in any other way, either, and he's more or less your peer.)

What if I have another one about this guy (whom I've never seen in real life...ever)?

Engage him in conversation. "Could we go somewhere and talk?"

Well dreamt.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I also didin't completely understand your remark that he wasn't hostile, right after saying he had bitten you on the wrist.

He wasn't scoping me like a predator like the blue man in my childhood dream. That's what I meant. It didn't seem like he wanted to kill me like the blue man wanted to.

Thanks for your interpretation. It is exactly what I was looking for with understanding this. I have read your interpretation over and over. The second guy in the other two dreams does seem benevolent.

Engage him in conversation. "Could we go somewhere and talk?"

How do I do that in a dream?

• Like 1

How do I do that in a dream?

I don't know that it's a sure thing, but if there is a "right thing to do" in a dream, and the character returns, then therre's a fair chance that you will remember when you need to, or the character will remember for you (for example, he just asks you if the two of you can talk somewhere at the outset).

Thinking about what you'd do opens doors for reflection. If you ask yourself things like that, or "What do you suppose he'd want to talk about?" then you just might get an answer while you're awake.

At the very least, write the dreams down, as much of them as you remember (or if your post is all you remember, then make yourself a copy to stash away). You've been thinking about one of the dreams for a long time now, and maybe you'll still be thinking about the dreams years from now. If so, you'll be glad to have something tangible to refer to then.

• Like 1

This reminds me of a dream i had when i was young of my dog being blue. She wanted in an my mom asked me to let her in but she couldn't see that it wasnt our dog. I was terrified and when i approached she came after me and lunged to bite and i woke up. It was one of the few ive remembered my whole life.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

I don't know that it's a sure thing, but if there is a "right thing to do" in a dream, and the character returns, then therre's a fair chance that you will remember when you need to, or the character will remember for you (for example, he just asks you if the two of you can talk somewhere at the outset).

Thinking about what you'd do opens doors for reflection. If you ask yourself things like that, or "What do you suppose he'd want to talk about?" then you just might get an answer while you're awake.

At the very least, write the dreams down, as much of them as you remember (or if your post is all you remember, then make yourself a copy to stash away). You've been thinking about one of the dreams for a long time now, and maybe you'll still be thinking about the dreams years from now. If so, you'll be glad to have something tangible to refer to then.

I will most definitely try this. Hopefully I can talk to him in my dream. Also, writing it down is a great idea. I will make a copy of my original post to keep. I've been researching some things about choosing dreams. Is this possible? I'm going to read up on it some more and see if I can get him to come back to my dream sooner. I really want to know what he wants.

This reminds me of a dream i had when i was young of my dog being blue. She wanted in an my mom asked me to let her in but she couldn't see that it wasnt our dog. I was terrified and when i approached she came after me and lunged to bite and i woke up. It was one of the few ive remembered my whole life.

That is similar. I think that dream would really scare me too. Was the dog in your dream and the blue man in mine vampires?

• Like 1

insideme

I've been researching some things about choosing dreams. Is this possible?

A searchable term is dream incubation. There are also two related ideas, lucid dreaming and active imagination (which are, sort of, being awake while you're dreaming and dreaming while you're awake, respectively, both searchable). None of the three is "sure fire, can't miss."

I really want to know what he wants.

Do not rule out the possibility that that answer may just come to you without any "technique" at all, simply because you do want to know and are willing to think about while you're awake.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

insideme

A searchable term is dream incubation. There are also two related ideas, lucid dreaming and active imagination (which are, sort of, being awake while you're dreaming and dreaming while you're awake, respectively, both searchable). None of the three is "sure fire, can't miss."

Do not rule out the possibility that that answer may just come to you without any "technique" at all, simply because you do want to know and are willing to think about while you're awake.

Good luck with it.

Thank you so much for all your insight and help. I will look into incubation...and will think about as much as I can while awake. You've been so helpful!! :) Thank you again.

• Like 1