Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

MOD ignores UFO reports

mod ufo

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,418 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostHazzard, on 19 August 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Im ok with that.
Why are you ok with that? Because the MoD, having studied the subject exhaustively, knows that UFOs aren't extraterrestrial spacecraft? Or even more pertinently, that they know for a fact that they're not aircraft of any kind? If the MoD really did believe that, would you really be ok with that? Would you not feel slightly concerned that they seem to treat the question of unauthorised incursions into their airspace in such a casual way?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#17    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I agree that retrospective assessment of any aerial threat/intrusion is extremely risky defence policy/process; somewhere in the chain of command a decision on any UAP is being made - NATO/RAF still intercept Russian recon aircraft, despite knowing the identity and source of the intrusion, so why would they regard actual unknowns any differently.
For me, the infamous Belgian wave events were always very telling; we all know of the documented interception by Belgian AF F-16s, but why did the rest of NATO not consider a threat from UAPs originating from WarPac airspace?  Even Nick Pope acknowledged that the RAF considered those UAPs warranted no response.

Edited by Oppono Astos, 20 August 2012 - 09:37 AM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#18    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

UFO`s  are holograms bounced off the atmosphere by governments for military research . No need to investigate what they already know .

#19    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postsergeantflynn, on 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

UFO`s  are holograms bounced off the atmosphere by governments for military research . No need to investigate what they already know .

Amazing.  That's solves the mystery completely.

Posted Image

#20    xquizit

xquizit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all
    ― Oscar Wilde

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Well to say that they haven't posed a threat to any of us since the beginning of time, so why would they now.  Makes total sense to me;)

#21    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postxquizit, on 20 August 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Well to say that they haven't posed a threat to any of us since the beginning of time, so why would they now.  Makes total sense to me;)

Well that's a good point, but we can never quite know what the future holds in the current cover up climate that has perpetuated for the last 60 years.  Cover-ups always have a motivation behind them; is it an honourable or sinister motive?

Posted Image

#22    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

The Ministry of Defence will no longer investigate UFO sightings after ruling there is “no evidence” they pose a threat to the UK

Why do I get the feeling they waited for the Olympics to pass without incident before releasing this statement... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 20 August 2012 - 01:21 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#23    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,923 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

In my honest opinion, I am pretty sure the MoD will still investigate certain observed phenomena that falls within certain criteria, however, I am not surprised by this statement. Why should the MoD keep personnel occupied by people calling in about their own sightings? I am sure the UK has a pretty extensive RADAR network and if something was really there, they would know. And after 50 years with no substantial data I certainly don't blame them.

Cheers.
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#24    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 August 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Amazing.  That's solves the mystery completely.

Yes, I'm sure that they have been "bouncing holograms" around off the atmosphere at least since World War II, so that explains everything.  LOL

#25    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 20 August 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Why do I get the feeling they waited for the Olympics to pass without incident before releasing this statement... ;)

If I thought for even one second that Blue Book or this MOD desk were the real UFO investigation, this announcement might not be significant, but as I have mentioned about a billion times this has never been the case.

The actual UFO investigation has always been far more extensive and more classified.  You don't call them, they call you.  In fact, that's always been how you could tell that the real UFO investigation was at work" you didn't have to notify them about anything at all, since they generally knew about it already.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 20 August 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#26    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hopefully the ET crowd finally get the message that we are not being visited by Aliens.

#27    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 20 August 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hopefully the ET crowd finally get the message that we are not being visited by Aliens.

Well yes, that's the message they want to send to the John Q. Publics, at last on the "official" level, but that has no effect on people like me who have been told a very different story about ETs.  In fact, lots of people have been told a very different story over the years, and lots of military and civilian officials have admitted there was a lot more to it.

#28    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

it said they don't pose a threat....not that they aren't there!!!!

#29    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,641 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

It should just read  "MOD Ignores Nick Pope " :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#30    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

I can be an "investigator" just like them if they're willing to set up a phone line at my house. I am willing to work at home for half of what it used to cost them. :rolleyes:

Also tagged with mod, ufo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users