Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What kind of secrets the sea have?

gionell

I am recently new here in the forums and i believe in cryptids, one of the most interesthing places in the world is the sea and that's for sure.

Can you imagine finding an underwater cavern filled with undiscovered species or sunken ships with something creepy lurking inside, i always love those kind things and i will like to know what you guys think that is under the water, maybe this kind of topic have been repeated many times but it will be cool to everybody share their opinion about it because im sure there is something very unexplainable over there?

post-135848-0-98859300-1356323745_thumb.

• Like 4

The sea never gives up its secrets.but iam sure there are sea creatures that where never seen before.

I think that some kind of giant reptile lurked in the Seas until the modern era and was basically the real Leviathan. The Monongahela's crew experienced an encounter with it and even caught it before finally sinking with their "treasure" somewhere off Alaska, as if there was some devilish aura surrounding this creature. I am not an advocate of Creationism but some characteristics of this creature makes me believe it was a derived version of Mosasaur, having doubled in length since the Cretaceous ones. The Aztecs refers to it as Cipactli, a primeval sea monster said to be part fish, part crocodile and part toad and whose body is said to be composed of "coils/joints".

http://www.strangemag.com/seaserpcarcsshuk.html

There could be a few other ziphiid (beaked whale) species out there, but apart from that, I don't expect anything large and dramatic.

Edited by Clobhair-cean
  • Like 1

I think that if you are a writer of fiction, the sea is ample fodder for concocting just about any creature imaginable. However when you take a good hard look at reality, the chances that our oceans are harboring some heretofore unknown species of aquatic megafauna are slanted more against it than for it.

Yes, the sea is vast and we haven't covered every square foot of it. However just because we don't know everything about the ocean doesn't automatically create infinite possiblities. A giant anything living in the sea would leave an ecological impact of some kind, would make a dent in the food chain, would leave some sort of evidence. Real animals, great and small, have a knack for doing just this. Bull-$hit crypto animals are the only animals who can get away with "existing" and never leaving a trace that they do.

Will there be future discoveries of heretofore unknown animals coming out of the ocean - certainly. But none of them will be the likes of Megalodon, Kthulu, Krakken, etc.

• Like 3

I read somewhere I cant remember where that things can become enormous in the water because gravity doesnt work the same way for sea creatures, is this true?

• Like 1

I think it's very likely that we will find new species in the ocean. Much of the ocean is unexplored and unknown. As for very huge sea animals...I wouldn't say it's impossible, but a bit unlikely.

That being said, the ocean is a very mystical and beautiful place with the creatures living in it equally breath-taking :)

I think that some kind of giant reptile lurked in the Seas until the modern era and was basically the real Leviathan. The Monongahela's crew experienced an encounter with it and even caught it before finally sinking with their "treasure" somewhere off Alaska, as if there was some devilish aura surrounding this creature. I am not an advocate of Creationism but some characteristics of this creature makes me believe it was a derived version of Mosasaur, having doubled in length since the Cretaceous ones. The Aztecs refers to it as Cipactli, a primeval sea monster said to be part fish, part crocodile and part toad and whose body is said to be composed of "coils/joints".

http://www.strangema...pcarcsshuk.html

DEBUNKING TIME!!:

Strongsay Beast: the scientists of the 1800s though the beast was a decayed basking shark which could be true because the decaying appearance usually resemble a plesiosaur. research scientists and dna scientist tested the beasts dna and also concluded it was a basking shark but one scientist also said tat it might also be an oarfish.

Japanese Carcass: another basking shark...bummer. something about the amino acids and muscle tissue resembling blah blah blah. the japanese dude who caught the carcass also admitted it was a shark.

Giant Eel larva: it was a big eel dats all. lik how humans come out 7 lb but some have came out 20 lb

The Baby Sea Serpent: OH MY GAWD ITS A! A!!! common water snake the Coluber constrictor... bummer

Gourock Carass: turned out to be an elaborate hoax

Natal Carcass: unexplained, i cant find any info on it except from cryptid sites which are being seriously biased. also the proportions varied. the sites have varying measurements about the creature. cant find any scientific explainations and pictures were nonexistence. no pictures on google images and no pictures in the cryptid sites. my opinion is tat its probably a deformed beaked whale with a long beak or a narwhal with a soft horn cuz there have been cases when whale hunters caught narwhals but discarded the horns because they were soft

The Gambian Sea Serpent: scientists seem to agree on tat it was a deformed crocodile

I am recently new here in the forums and i believe in cryptids, one of the most interesthing places in the world is the sea and that's for sure.

Can you imagine finding an underwater cavern filled with undiscovered species or sunken ships with something creepy lurking inside, i always love those kind things and i will like to know what you guys think that is under the water, maybe this kind of topic have been repeated many times but it will be cool to everybody share their opinion about it because im sure there is something very unexplainable over there?

post-135848-0-98859300-1356323745_thumb.

now after debunking. there is still one mystery of the sea tat is intriguing me tat is not them "sea monsters" even im puzzled and i cant debunk this thing. its called...The Bloop. I CANT DEBUNK IT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS BLOOP?! an organic sound made by an animal bigger than a blue whale and was made once and never heard again. now dat is unexplainable
  • Like 1

now after debunking. there is still one mystery of the sea tat is intriguing me tat is not them "sea monsters" even im puzzled and i cant debunk this thing. its called...The Bloop. I CANT DEBUNK IT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS BLOOP?! an organic sound made by an animal bigger than a blue whale and was made once and never heard again. now dat is unexplainable

The Bloop is quite a mystery. In my opinion, the Bloop is a man-made or something geographical because if it did come from a living animal, I'm sure we would've heard it multiple times. Animals make noises (well most of them do) and they make them more than once. But what it really is, I do not know.

• Like 1

We know more about the surface of the Moon than we do about the deepest depths of the ocean.

It has been estimated that over two-thirds of sea life has yet to be discovered.

• Like 1

The Bloop is quite a mystery. In my opinion, the Bloop is a man-made or something geographical because if it did come from a living animal, I'm sure we would've heard it multiple times. Animals make noises (well most of them do) and they make them more than once. But what it really is, I do not know.

The Bloop is not a mystery any more. It has been identified as an icequake.

• Like 1

That certainly takes the the mystery out of it and it makes sense to me

Ah, really? Thank you for the information. It was a pretty cool mystery while it was one.

I've heard a saying "We know more about the surface of the moon than the depths of our ocean"

I'd say that there are tons of sunken cities and settlements as we as more humanoid fossils to add to the evolution evidence as well as dinosaurs and others.

We know more about the surface of the Moon than we do about the deepest depths of the ocean.

It has been estimated that over two-thirds of sea life has yet to be discovered.

And your point is?

I read somewhere I cant remember where that things can become enormous in the water because gravity doesnt work the same way for sea creatures, is this true?

Aye, due to pressure, it's difficult to maintain a large bodymass, especially with a hard structure. Sperm whales can dive to the great depths for small amounts of time because they have the energy to be able to stop their lungs collapsing due to the air compressing, but this causes a lot of stress. Most deep sea critters are pretty small, apart from those large isopods (which are big for isopods, but still not exactly mahoosive) and things like giant and collossal squid. But I think that might have something to do with them having open circulatory systems??? Also they're pretty squidgy- and squidgyness is handier over a rigid skeleton at great pressure.

The Aztecs refers to it as Cipactli, a primeval sea monster said to be part fish, part crocodile and part toad and whose body is said to be composed of "coils/joints".

Sounds quite similar to the Taniwha if I recall, which is part of Maori legend.

Edited by Urisk
  • Like 1

Sounds quite similar to the Taniwha if I recall, which is part of Maori legend.

No surprise New Zealand seems to be a hotspot regarding those creatures:

http://cfz-nz.blogsp...s-breeding.html

I think one of them may have been videotaped off Florida (the last creature) :

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=182759

They are found world wide and seems to be somewhat cold waters tolerant as are Leatherback turtles.

Edited by Thegreatsilence

That is a beautiful little critter :) The sea has so many wonderful animals.

While many parts of the ocean have not been fully explored I don't think there's much undiscovered in terms of large creatures. 1) the worlds oceans in general are shot: polluted and overfished. 2) Larger animals tend to prefer the surface or coastal environments not hidden away in marine trenches. Probably a great deal of undiscovered smaller species or similar to what we are already know for sure but I would be suprised if they ever found anything truly extraordinary.

Edited by Dragonwind
  • Like 3

Thanks for that Info Urisk

Gourock Carass: turned out to be an elaborate hoax

Natal Carcass: unexplained, i cant find any info on it except from cryptid sites which are being seriously biased. also the proportions varied. the sites have varying measurements about the creature. cant find any scientific explainations and pictures were nonexistence. no pictures on google images and no pictures in the cryptid sites. my opinion is tat its probably a deformed beaked whale with a long beak or a narwhal with a soft horn cuz there have been cases when whale hunters caught narwhals but discarded the horns because they were soft

The "Natal Carcass" is much better known under the nickname Dr. Shuker gave it: Trunko. If you search for this you will find that Dr. Shuker and myself have uncovered more about the history including some pictures. Therefore we know that Trunko was a "Globster" and most probably a whale carcass as all those others "Blobs".

The Gourock carcass was not a hoax. There was a carcass in 1942 at Gourock thought from some to be a "sea monster". I found the proof that this incident happend and also the indication that an expert was at place and identified it as basking shark.

Thanks for that Info Urisk

Nae probs dude :) Don't know exactly how accurite it is.