Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seven-year-old shot to cover tracks

Althalus

LONDON (Reuters) - A seven year old girl who was shot in the back in a drug-related double murder was probably killed to stop her identifying her father's attacker, police say.

Toni-Ann Byfield, who had just arrived in Britain from Jamaica, was murdered by a Yardie hitman who had just killed her father Bertram Byfield, 41, a convicted crack dealer.

She was the youngest victim to date of Yardie gang violence in London.

"Mr Byfield was shot several times and his daughter once in the back. I assume that she was trying to run away from the gunman," said detective chief superintendent John Coles, head of Operation Trident, which investigates black on black crime.

"It is without the most evil and despicable crime I have come across in all my service."

The father and daughter were found by police, who were alerted by a local resident, in their one-room north London bedsit. Both suffering from gunshot wounds.

Police said there had been no Trident-related crime in the North London borough of Brent, where the Byfields lived, last year.

However, so far this year there had been three murders, six attempted murders, and seven other shootings.

Yahoo News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Althalus

• Aslan

• Thistle

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bloody sickening, it really is. How cold and evil do you have to be to shoot a seven year old kid? I hope they get the guy who did it and send him down, and I hope rough prison justice takes it's grim course.

That is just horrific, no matter what this girls father did it had absolutely NOTHING to do with her and she did not deserve to die in this brutal manner. I have always been oppose to to capital punishment but with the increase of crimes like this against children I am finding myself questioning my values. This man deserves to burn in hell for what he has done

New Zealanders are currently in the process of trying to find a missing 6 year old girl , what kind of a world do we live in when people can't be givin the right to grow old with there children ....