Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 7 votes

Show us your EGO!


  • Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#151    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    dimple

  • Member
  • 10,116 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Alrighty! Pictures :w00t: ! Atentutankh-pasheri speaks my language ....... combine these three pictures and you see my Ego:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#152    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 11 January 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:



Hmmmmmmmm... This is a very vague response..

There's no clear definition here between entities & egos..
no clear definition here between spirits & egos..

Do you mean Entities and Spirits as extentions of your Ego?
Well.... either they are a separate ego or they are extensions of my own psyche. But anyway, I did not mean to get into all that.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#153    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I like this thread Prof T! I personally gravitate towards Jung... Some of Freud's deductions regarding infants and the stages, is a bit er um well... just look it up! It makes uncomfortable reading.

I think we all looooooove having our Ego's stroked B) But underneath it all,  nearly almost everybody just wants to be accepted and loved. I know the 'child' in us comes out when we are hurt by harsh comments and I see this frequently here on UM :passifier:

Edited by Star of the Sea, 11 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#154    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 11 January 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Well.... either they are a separate ego or they are extensions of my own psyche. But anyway, I did not mean to get into all that.

so you dont know.  Sweet as..


#155    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 11 January 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I like this thread Prof T! I personally gravitate towards Jung... Some of Freud's deductions regarding infants and the stages, is a bit er um well... just look it up! It makes uncomfortable reading.

I think we all looooooove having our Ego's stroked B) But underneath it all,  nearly almost everybody just wants to be accepted and loved. I know the 'child' in us comes out when we are hurt by harsh comments and I see this frequently here on UM :passifier:

Awesome! another Jungan! lol.

Posted Image

Am keen to hear your's Blue-stars ideas on Ego because I know very little from the Jungan school of thought.

Hmmmm, will look up freudian deductions on child development.. am not familar with it..

Edited to add: Geesh! okay, 5 minute google search on freudian deductions on child development and the opening paragraph on psychosexual development.. That's jogged my memory, and i'm with you on that..

Edited by Professor T, 11 January 2013 - 11:39 PM.


#156    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 11 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Awesome! another Jungan! lol.

Posted Image

Am keen to hear your's Blue-stars ideas on Ego because I know very little from the Jungan school of thought.

Hmmmm, will look up freudian deductions on child development.. am not familar with it..

Edited to add: Geesh! okay, 5 minute google search on freudian deductions on child development and the opening paragraph on psychosexual development.. That's jogged my memory, and i'm with you on that..

I will get back to you Prof T! Time for beauty sleep here in the UK.. night night :sleepy:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#157    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,808 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 11 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

One the first point.. nope.. & Actually I wasn't just referring to Sherapy, I was also referring to anyone who has made defensive remarks regarding likes per post..

On your second point, no sour grapes here.. But on the Ego front I did have a giggle.. (I guess that is a defensive gesture)

My only gripe about Sherapy's posts is she has invested her time and energy in Quizzing me about Ego, my intention to disect it, and my purpose for picking it apart, and how I percieve it.

But she hasn't answered my one Question below????



Failure to get back to me on this is a sour grape offence imo for the following reasons..
  • I invested my time and energy to seriously draw a picture of Sherapy's Ego, and she has not confirmed or denied whether I was right or wrong.. This leaves me sitting here thinking "Well, I just wasted my time and energy for nothing..."
  • Failing to get a result from this little experiment in gleaning now leaves me thinking "Why did she not answer with a simple Yes or No?" Was I bang on and somehow offended her? Or was I completely wrong and her failure to answer my simple question (after answering her tirade of questions) is just a symptom of a Ego who just takes and doesn't give back to others who are percieved as unimportant satellites around her ego?
  • My ego enjoy's being right.. and let's face it, if you have an ego (even if it's on a leash) it loves being right, but more importantly it loves to be acknowleded and not quzzed then thrown away without so much as a response or a thankyou..
I was just curious on how you were defining Ego. Thank you .

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support  that this  is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@8ty (Thank you for defending my ego honor)

@Star of the Sea--  Always a joy to read  your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Edited by Sherapy, 12 January 2013 - 12:46 AM.




#158    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostSherapy, on 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I was just curious on how you were defining Ego. Thank you .

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support  that this  is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@8ty (Thank you for defending my ego honor)

@Star of the Sea--  Always a joy to read  your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Thanks Sherapy..


#159    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 11 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Alrighty! Pictures :w00t: ! Atentutankh-pasheri speaks my language ....... combine these three pictures and you see my Ego:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
I'm bloody useless at pictionary.. :no: I need words and the meaning between the lines!!

:angry: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  

Ok, Ill give it a go though..

Ouija ouija is a Dragon Lady.. er, who yells at little kids... er, and wears tutus when she goes to the park to yell at kids..

Am I right? :unsure:

Edited by Professor T, 12 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.


#160    Purifier

Purifier

    Psychic Eye

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Wild Card

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 11 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Alrighty! Pictures :w00t: ! Atentutankh-pasheri speaks my language ....... combine these three pictures and you see my Ego:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ooh! Ooh! I have got to take a crack at this as well, Prof T. Let's see:



The dragon resembles Ouija's exotic personality and also a taste for the exotic as well; could be specifically for things of the oriental nature. Could also mean she feels herself as being like a empress. (sounds like a trait of the Leo)


Foghorn Leghorn yelling at Chickenhawk resembles her intolerance to specific behavior or actions, impatient with
ignorance. Specifically there are some things people do, that really p***es her off to no end. Or sometimes she
can become irritated, easily provoked into anger, possibly moody. (sounds like another trait of the Leo, btw)


The ballerina resembles Ouija seeing herself as being graceful, carrying herself with class, dignity, having
occupational prestige. Or just simply having a elegant personality. (that can be a Leo trait, as well)


And there you go, probably none of it is right. But I tryed, anyway. :D

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#161    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    dimple

  • Member
  • 10,116 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostPurifier, on 12 January 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Ooh! Ooh! I have got to take a crack at this as well, Prof T. Let's see:

The dragon resembles Ouija's exotic personality and also a taste for the exotic as well; could be specifically for things of the oriental nature. Could also mean she feels herself as being like a empress. (sounds like a trait of the Leo)

Foghorn Leghorn yelling at Chickenhawk resembles her intolerance to specific behavior or actions, impatient with
ignorance. Specifically there are some things people do, that really p***es her off to no end. Or sometimes she
can become irritated, easily provoked into anger, possibly moody. (sounds like another trait of the Leo, btw)

The ballerina resembles Ouija seeing herself as being graceful, carrying herself with class, dignity, having
occupational prestige. Or just simply having a elegant personality. (that can be a Leo trait, as well)

And there you go, probably none of it is right. But I tryed, anyway. :D

That's very good Purifier! (Not so good Prof. T. :( )
I do see myself as regal in some way, which is absolutely ludicrous if you observe me IRL ..... it's pure ego!  I'm not into oriental things particularly, it's just that I was born in a Chinese year of the Dragon and that describes me very accurately. For me there are two types of dragon that I 'channel' at different times: there's the one in the photo above who is colourful and loud and flashy but is very fragile and only made of paper(I'm trying to avoid using the word 'shallow' here!). Then there's the one in the heavens who chases(indeed, sometimes briefly holds), the Pearl .... protects it too.

The Foghorn Leghorn thing: nothing to add there .... you got it spot on :blush: !

As for the ballerina, well, I've been in love with ballet since the first time I was taken to a live performance, aged about 9 ....... that world onstage is where I have always wanted to live. Why? no-one speaks and there is always lovely music playing! To some extent I am always partly(in my head) in that world ........ completely on my own, gracefully dancing en pointe. (This is also laughable if you know me IRL!).

8 out of 10 Purifier :lol:

Edited by ouija ouija, 12 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#162    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostSherapy, on 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I was just curious on how you were defining Ego. Thank you .

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support  that this  is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@8ty (Thank you for defending my ego honor)

@Star of the Sea--  Always a joy to read  your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Hi Sheri,

Lovely to see you posting! Hope you are keeping well too! :st

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#163    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,104 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 11 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:



so you dont know.  Sweet as..
Well.... I think I know. I'm just an agnostic at heart, so I allow for other possibilities. But I'm comfortable with my personal assessment at the moment. I find it beneficial to seperate and walk on both sides, but indeed, in my heart, I only walk on one.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#164    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Well.... I think I know. I'm just an agnostic at heart, so I allow for other possibilities. But I'm comfortable with my personal assessment at the moment. I find it beneficial to seperate and walk on both sides, but indeed, in my heart, I only walk on one.
You think you know, but indeed, in your heart, you walk on one side? so you dont know. Sweet as..

Hmmmmmmmm, am no expert but it occurs to me that knowing if a non-physical presence is part of ones Ego or a spirit/entity couldn't be determined or seperated by walking on both sides.. But could be determined and separated by standing on the line or becomming the line, or in the very least, knowing where the line is in relation to Ego & eternal factors.


#165    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostSherapy, on 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I was just curious on how you were defining Ego. Thank you .

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support  that this  is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@8ty (Thank you for defending my ego honor)

@Star of the Sea--  Always a joy to read  your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Hi Prof T,

I particularly like Jung’s theories on the ‘Persona’. I think we all  ‘put on a mask’ to hide ‘our true self. Very few people are able to suppress their Ego's. When we drop the mask and stop hiding a really important part of of our true nature then we are actually being more honest with ourselves and to others. It’s very liberating taking off the mask and in essence that’s who we really are.  Jung’s theories on the ‘collective consciousness’ is bang on in my opinion. We are all ‘connected’ somehow. I do however, have a favourite Psychologist and that is Gerard Egan and he resonates with me the most.  I incorporate Jung and Egan with his person-centred approach but also work with other Psychologist’s theories but there are too many to name.

Edited by Star of the Sea, 12 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users