Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

Saru

Telekinesis - the ability to move physical objects around with the power of the mind alone.

One of the more recent individuals claiming to have this ability, decided to prove it by standing on a local railway and stopping the mid-day express with the power of thought alone. When noon came, he stood out on the track, and concentrated hard. The train soon came into view, and as he reached out with the powers of his mind, the train thundered towards him, knocked him down and killed him.

It seems that at least to this man, Telekinesis is nowhere near as straight forward as he believed, at least on the scale of stopping an entire train.

Are there people out there who actually have this ability ? and to what extent can they move physical objects around - it seems an extraordinary mental task that is way beyond even those with the most powerful of psychic abilities.

All comments welcome.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loquacious

• Saru

• Dowdy

• ShadyLady

It would seem that telekenetic ability isn't making any headway in the evolution department. Those who have the ability keep getting killed.  ::)

Dalia

i found this site that actualy teaches you how to do telekenesis!! :o

how to attain some telekinesis abilities:

Body motion - Your brain controls the movement of your body. When you want to retract your arm, your brain sends an electric signal to your arm and your muscles contract. That is how your brain uses matter to move something. In trying to move matter that is not connect to your brain, you must relate the matter with energy, for everything is connected to energy. Try this simple exercise:

Put your arm in front of you and just think about moving it. Does it move? Try as hard as you can to make it move, without actually moving it in the usual fashion, just use your mental powers to move your arm. It does not move. Now actually move your arm in the direction that you were trying to move it. Do you notice the difference between actually moving your arm and just thinking about moving it? If you think about moving your arm, it’s just a thought, you brain does not send a signal to make it move. However, if you move your arm, you brain sends a signal. It is the same with objects not part of your body. Try to imagine that an object is apart of your body and your brain can tell it to move. Now, move that object as how you would move your arm. Don’t just think about moving that object, make it move as how you would make your arm move. If you are successful, your brain will be able to send energy signals and disturb the energy of the object, causing it to move. Remember this takes time and patience and a strong force of ESP.

Attractivity - Physics tells us that all objects have a natural tendency to attract every other object. This force of attraction between all matter in the universe is the force we call gravity. The more massive the object the greater the force of attraction. This is why the earth pulls you toward the center, because it is so massive. Right now, the computer screen is attracting your head to it. The reason your head does not move is because the force is so small and there are other body masses that are attracting your head in different directions. With this thought in mind, use your ESP powers and somehow try to take control of this gravitational force and increase the attraction between the objects you wish to move. A much stronger force that exists in all masses is the electric field. The attraction only occurs between an unbalanced charges of positives and negatives. For examples, if you rub a balloon on your shirt and hold it a few centimeters away from a sheet of paper, the paper will be attracted to the balloon. A slight electrical force can easily overcome the force of gravity, allowing you to lift heavy objects. Our brains operate by sending and receiving electrical pulses. Since our thoughts are simply electrical motions, then we must be able to somehow manipulate electric fields with our brain waves and alter the attraction between electrons and protons. With this in mind, try concentrating on changing the electrical configuration of an object to give it a charge and attract another object.

Now that you know how to move objects, see if you can move your mouse without touching it. Or, if you can’t, then at least you’ll be a bit more prepared for physics class:)

Very interesting stuff. I hope this will help anyone trying to do Telekenesis  :)

I have tried...yes I have tried...to no avail.  I can telepath easy enough but not telekenesis.  I can only share of ONE experience in observing my girlfriend do it.  T and D lived in the flat next to me in the 1970s in San Francisco.  I was single then and D. didn't work.  I would often have supper with them and play Yahtzee in the evenings.  I was fussing that I NEVER WIN!  T  and D always seemed to get Yahtzee (all six dice with the same number).

Finally, she smiled and said, "Okay, okay" and after a my roll of two sixes and four other incongruent numbers came up, the four dice one by one turned over to six!  No effort, no problem, just slowly rolled over...she laughed and said, I know what you are thinking...Las Vegas doesn't work!

I can't do it for me and I can't do it for gain.

I don't really think she thought much about it and I honestly don't think she "uses" this gift at all.

-lori

;D ;D

Speaking about dice, here is an interesting story.

In 1934 J.B. Rhine, a lecture in psychology in North Carolina, did some experiments with plastic dice. He and his colleagues tried to will the dice to fall so that each time the side added up to a certain number. There are 36 possible combinations of two dice so mathematiclly they expected to hit their target 2,810 times out of 6,744 throws. They accually scored 3,110, which was so far from chance coincidence that it could only occur only once in well over a billion times! Later, after more than 25 years testing, Rhine felt he had proved that "the mind does have a force that can affect physical matter directly".

• 2 months later...

Hmmm... this may be a wacky idea, but in all seriousness, do you think that telekenisis might have something to do with a person having the gift to summon little invisible flying gremlins or something to lift things and such? Of couse, it doesn't have to be little invisible flying gremlins... I just thought that idea was cool to think about hehe.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I've had many dreams of telekenesis.  The first one i had, I was at a meeting with these people that i knew on a first name basis.  One of the people was this very intellegent guy i worked with, he spoke several languages. everyone in this dream was open-minded and non-transparent. The meeting was about my powers.  They were trying to tell me how to use them the right way and to not abuse them or they will be pulled from me.  Well i ended up useing the powers in this dream to close a car door. The feeling was of anger, but not a usual feeling of anger (kind of a non-p***ed off anger). The feeling was very familar, like something i have felt in the past, but not in a dream.  well anyways, the dream was very real-like.  When i went to work the next day i brought up the dream to the guy i was talking about, he didn't seem surprized and didn't have any emotion of what i was telling him.

The dreams that followed were more like training of my new ability. I was getting use to having the powers in my sleep. I havn't had any dreams of this for some time now.  (I'm sure there is all sorts of symbolism in these dreams.)

Maybe telekenesis is real, but only useful in dreams. I've tried to get that feeling again in my dreams and in reality, but i can't.  If anyone can relate please post.   ::)

• 1 year later...

The human body is capable of some fairly amazing things , although I am sceptical about the abilities of Telekenisis , only , I suppose because I have never been given any hard evidence.

I do like the idea that Jesus Freak put forward though , but I suppose it's the same as poltergiest activity. Is poltergiest activity purely an uncontrolloble form of telekenis being projected by a teenager suffering a rush of growth hormones or is it really caused by mischevios spirits?

I suppose the pagan beleifs in Magic contain elementals and sprites which can be asked to assist in certain tasks , and it is one of the oldest if not the oldest religion in the world . Maybe they knew something that we have lost the knowledge of over the centuries and through invasions and witch hunts of all different kinds .

Who knows? Interesting topic though saruman :sq

how can someone learn to train their mind? Or is it a gift one has to be born with? I would like to learn more on the topic. Anyone have any advice or books i can read on the subject?

• 2 months later...

one of the most famous telekineticicts was Stanislawa Tomczyk, she could levitate a pair of scissors just by holding her hands above them and concentrating.

• 2 months later...

I am telekinetic. I learned it from a site called www.psipog.net. Click on articles. It also has lots of other topics like telepathy and biokinetics. Now the real reason for this post. The only thing I can move as of yet is a 2X2cm peice of paper. The highest I've ever seen is a Truck lifted severel inches off the ground (My cousin did this, sorry if your reading Chris). biggrin.gif I was not born with it but some are. It is learnable.

• 2 months later...

Well, telekinesis, I like to say TK for shorter, is nothing you must be "gifted" with, it is hereditary, or in other words everyone can do it. w00t.gif I am telekinetic and I didn’t really have anyone to show me how to do it, I learned and researched off of many sites. There are also classes and techniques you can find off the Internet *Ahh, the wonders of the Internet* and also the main point is TELEKINESIS IS REAL!!!! I cannot get any clearer then that. grin2.gif and it is also not a form of Satanism. But do not think about levitating 20 cars in the air, I’m not saying it’s not possible, but it takes a long ways to get there. And one more thing!

It takes time and patience, don’t be frustrated if you do not see any results after 5 seconds of just staring at an object wacko.gif a good website I have seen and read threw is

How to do Telekinesis

i hope this helped original.gif good luck

altho we dont use like 95% of our brain power, i doubt it is possible to move physical objects with our minds...

to anyone who says they can do it... lets see some pictures or videos, or any kind of proof... also keep your hands down please... no strings attached...

not trying to offend anyone, but i just dont believe it

No offense taken, proof is something everyone wants when there is something that isn’t easy to believe. Although I can’t really send picture or videos because I doubt it would still convince you, "she might have used mirrors, strings, ect." but if you don’t believe it then that’s your choice. I know it is possible, and if it wasn’t, why are there so many websites telling people it is, you would think all these people would have something better to do then that? laugh.gif but it wouldn’t be that hard to put what society has put on you (logic) down for a minute and think just maybe, that it is possible.

As for your proof, well as best as I could do, there is a woman who has a form of pk, (psychokinesis) the ability to influence matter through non-physical means, for bending forks. Some of her pictures of her art is mostly put on her website... Fork Bending

*warning* the title is a bit crude, but really good website grin2.gif

i believe that the ability to move an object can be achieved. i believe those who can manipulate the energy surrounding the object, causing it to move. i can do this to a certain degree, but heavy objects i hve yet to move.

• 4 weeks later...

Dowdy you are the greatest. I've tried TK for a couple years every once in awhile (to no avail), I decided I will try it again because of what I've done a few days ago (I was at a friend's house, and in my mind I pictured her clock, I pictured all the numbers spinning and shifting really fast and then I said 'stop', and it stopped at 4:32, and when I opened my eyes and looked at the clock it said 4:32 (was that an example of TK?) Anyway I thought it was pretty cool). So anyway I just tried it about 10 minutes ago, with my computer mouse like the text suggested. I could only move the front part back and fourth (sideways) in small increments, but I could see the light reflection on it shifting slightly (the light itself is stationary, so it definatly was the mouse moving), so that's how I confirmed the movement, but I could even see the front move slowly. This is awesome.

• 8 months later...

that sounds cool..i like remote viewing. original.gif