Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NC investigation conducted last night

NoahJaymes

After reading and hearing so much about this supposed haunted hotel here in Fayetteville, NC, FGHS decided to check for ourselves. We have been calling and calling since May, and the other day we decided to walk in there and talk face to face rather than them thinking it was some sort of joke. The owner was against it, but the staff were all for it, most of them wont go into the rooms by themselves, or even get off on the 4th floor. "Haunted floor" when its after dark. They gave us clearance for the investigation and also gave us a nice discount of a room that was supposed to be 120, dropped it down to a good 60 bucks :D

First, we didnt even stay in the room, we just got the room to put our equipment and other stuff we brought in. From what we have researched most activity occurs after midnight...such activity as....

- the elevators going up and down on their own and no one getting out

- fire alarms going off

- figures being seen on the second floor balcony inside the lobby

- phones ringing and the caller ID reads their own number

- Phone being misplaced, or turned on, or put on the charger if left out

( no one is around when this happens trust me)

- tempature dropping and raising within steps

( at one point my thermometer went from 87 down to 59 then sky rocketed to 78 and i was stationary, then hiked to an incredible 144!!)

- TV's in lobby shutting off on their own

- Always feeling of being watched

- Doors opening and slamming shut

--Now before I go into depth of what we found out, let me tell you the history of this hotel.

It was built in 1920, in a highly highly crime stricken neighborhood. In the early 30's, there was a wedding reception held in the 8th floor ballroom. The bride and groom stayed on the 7th floor in room 701 which is the presidential suite. Sometime after the reception the groom mysteriously disappeared, the bride decided to go and check their room for her new husband. Upon entering the room she walked into the doorway where the bed and bathroom are located, and found her new husband in bed with one of her bridesmaids. Having seen what she had seen, she took the elevator to the 8th floor, and jumped out of the 8th floor window to her death. As rumor has it, Charlotte is her name, she is known to take the elevator to the 8th floor, yet no one ever gets off. A mysterious woman can be seen on the second floor balcony inside the lobby and during days of wedding receptions, the elevators mysteriously stop working or mess up to the point where you would rather take the stairs.

Now, another story in which we found out our own, never to be put on the internet till now, is a story of room 401. We went to the library which is located next to the hotel and dug up research on the hotel. We initially tried to gather information on Charlotte but found out that another person met their demise there as well. Not just a nobody, but the former Chief of Police of Fayetteville, J. Ross Jones. He was shot in the left temple by a .45, not known if it was a sucide or murder. He is known to frequent the 4th floor quite a bit, open and slam doors, turn lights on and off, trigger fire alarms. Also take the elevator to the 4th floor and stop, opens, nothing comes out. We know all this, because when we set up our initial interview, they informed us all about it. Even mentioned his name, which nobody even knew about, about them which they wanted to keep under wraps for business purposes.

Now onto our findings...I will keep it fairly short and post more in later posts.

When we first arrived, we checked in, we headed up to our floor, which was the 4th floor, room 407. As the elevator stopped we heard the fire alarm going off. We were like great, this is going to put a hault to our investigation. As we walk into the hallway, we notice the fire alarm was going off in one room. Room 401, J. Ross, Jones former room. That was pretty freaky, so we take our stuff to our room and the hallway is unbearably hot. We head back down to talk to the night auditor and another employee, get in the elevator and it doesnt work. Im sitting pressing the button about 5 times and finally it starts to move, but really really slow. Such as the old elevators back in the 20's and 30's. Anyway after 5 minutes yes, 5 minutes we finally reach the lobby, we head out meet up with the employees and inform them about the fire alarm, the look on their face was priceless. Then we told them what room and they told us that the room is unoccupied and out of order, which we already knew, it was being used as a storage room. We head up to the 4th floor, snapping pictures as we go. Again, the elevator doesnt wanna seem to work, the employees tell us that it sometimes does this, but never this bad. As we enter the hallway, room 401 is diagonal from the elevators. We walked up, the night manager put his ear to the door and was in shock, he said there is no way that should be going off, nobody is even supposed to go in there. He opens the door, and the fire alarm wont turn off no matter what he does. So he yanks it out of the ceiling, due to the room being unserviceable anyway. Then the investigation began, we went and got our equipment and began to take pictures, do temp readings, emf readings. I set up a digital voice recorder along with a motion sensor in room 401, everyone left, I hit record and we started to head toward the 7th floor to charlottes room. We also took pictures, and i set up another digital voice recorder in that room as well. In some of the pictures taken, there was a myterious figure in the window wearing long sleeves what appeared to be of older style. Nobody that was there were wearing long sleeves! Collected a few orbs as well, but we all know how credible those are. Next stop...8th floor ballroom and balcony. When we entered the 8th floor, it is very very small. A few rooms, no rooms in which u can stay in, just a big ball room, a storage type room and a bathroom. It was very hot as well and completely dark. Took a few photos, ran Temp and EMF and the temp readings were crazy. Going from 95 down to 67, and mind you, this is being stationary. Then we enter the ballroom, pretty creepy regardless if it was dark or not. My emf detector was going crazy by the back window near the door. No where else, except for there. Took some snap shots, collected orbs.

Again im summerizing quickly because I know your all sick of reading. While in the room, in one spot I felt really dizzy and its like my mind skipped. Hard to explain, but i didnt mention it to anyone due to i wanted to see if anyone else would experience it, surely enough few seconds later someone walked in the same spot and said they just got really dizzy. We left the ballroom and proceeded back downstairs to the lobby. Waited for an hour or two, then I remembered that their is a haunted subway restaraunt right next door. So, we went and took a few pictures, nothing came up though. On our way back you can see the 4th floor row of windows in the hotel. Something wasnt right, there were lights on and yet we were the only ones on that floor, on that side. So we proceeded inside to talk with the manager and asked him to verify if anyone were in the rooms next to us on the 4th floor. He looked, and said no. We headed up once again to the 4th floor and the elevator didnt wanna cooperate with us. We checked the rooms that had the lights on, opened the door, lights were off. We even took a picture to verify outside before we went in that the lights were on. Took a few pictures, got some interesting orbs. Went to the other room where the light was on, opened the door, and the light was on. Walked in, looked and the beds were made, pillows laying on the bed, "not under the covers like they are supposed to" vanity cabinet door open. We took a few pictures and once again caught some good orbs. "Again we all know how likely those are" A rarity to collect spirit orbs, i have yet to fully examine them. Earlier in the night I had informed the manager that the sprinkler system was leaking and dripping onto the fire alarm. He checked it out and he said its never done that, nor can he explain it. It wasnt water that was coming out, it was a pure white liquid. Now I am no sprinkler system expert, and I will look into it, but until then, it seems odd. lol...We start to head back down stairs when we notice something really really weird. Room 401's door was open, not entirely open, but cracked. Now let me inform you, that everyone on staff were by our sides 24/7 during this investigation so they couldnt have faltered with anything the entire night. So at this point in time I decided to grab my digital voice recorder and check it out. Upon entering the room, the way its set up, is its like a living room, then a doorway leading into the bedroom/bathroom, as i turn the corner into the doorway, the damn motion sensor goes off and i never hitailed it so fast in my life. I mean im not scared of what I am doing, but the loud alarm suddenly going off when u turn the corner in a dark room kinda freaks you out a little bit regardless. Plus i forgot it was in there. I get my voice recorder and we head downstairs. What we found next, is what I have strived for, for a very very long time. I was reviewing the EVP, and all a sudden bingo, we picked something up. Stay Tuned...... :w00t:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• luminousphoenix

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• coldethyl

Man, you guys have more balls than I do, that's for sure!!!

Great read and the suspense is killing me - what did you get?

Oh how exciting, Sounds like you had a good time! Have you got any pics up?

Wow how scary!! :o

This gave me the creeps just reading it!!

Yeah tell us what you got!

Any pics to share?!

Wow how scary!! :o

This gave me the creeps just reading it!!

Yeah tell us what you got!

Any pics to share?!

Yes, we had three digital cameras, i only have uploaded 3 pictures from one, waiting on the other two cameras to be uploaded...however here is what i got on the pics on my site as of right now...

A reflection of someone in the window, it is not of any of us, I know most of you are thinking, yeah right how does he know, or if they are standing in front of the window while taking it, a reflection is going to show up. A. We have high quality digital cameras, the picture is blurry as hell, and the person takin the pic was stationary. We took multiple shots of windows, mirrors alike for reflection comparison, nothing ever came up like this. Also, before the picture was taken, i ran by with temp and emf and it dropped to 62 from 76 and emf was spikin bad, then i told her to take the picture and that is what we got.

In room 701, after emf going bezerk took a shot and caught an orb, Im keeping it as a keepsake because it was verified by emf and temp

Now, we also have misc pictures of things not supposed to be there. Such as do not disturb sign below the 701 door. Management said that it was not supposed to be there and that it happens frequently. Also have another picture of a window, with a face up the upper middle of it. Definately can not be of any of us.

Also, on another camera we have, but i dont have on the site yet, is a reflection of someone in long sleeves which none of us were wearing at the time, it too is in room 701. It could be that of charlotte in a wedding dress, i dont wanna jump to conclusions but whatever it is, its a good shot.

As i hate posting links to my site, im sure your all wondering about evp, im sorry to the board and site admins, but i want them to take a listen and let me know what they think.

HelpMe

Here is the picture of the reflection, opinions are welcome....help me debunk this.

Reflection

Again, sorry for posting links to my site, I will remove them if needed.

Here is the pic of the face that i enlarged along with the original

user posted image

Edit: FGHS, I have put yout original second pic onto thumbnail as it was distorting the page- Lottie

post-2592-1154454945.jpg

Edited by Lottie

Good work! :D

Gosh the evp is good - can clearly hear 'help me' twice, there is no doubting that!

I paticularly like the story behind the Pic of the don't disturb me sign. That shows the activity is intelligant and interactive, ie spirits rather than ghosts.

The reflection pics, I'm just having a closer look at in my photo prog at the moment. You clearly have something there, but it's hard to know if it's just a flash reflection off a shinny surface such as the window.

Will you be putting more pics up in your gallery? I would like to see more, I tend to be quite good at picking things out of pics that others miss.

So, well done on the EVP, it's a good one :tu:

Here are some more photos for ya guys :D

Original

user posted image

Blown up

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/Noa...wnupreflect.jpg

Again none of us were wearing long sleeves that night, not even the staff. I cant explain this picture other than I was the first person in the room, I took the picture before anyone else got in and im standing in the doorway.

Wow check it out.. you can actually see a face in that last one (I've circled the face image)

user posted image

And even more tripped out is that almost holographic yellowish spot to th e bottom left of the pic as well...

Cool pics!!

And you've got some guts cause I woulda ran the opposite direction on the first occurrence! haha!

Funny you say that, when i went to get the digital voice recorder out of the room, i turned around the corner in pitch black and the motion sensor that i set up next to it went off, i jetted for the door almost crapping my pants. Having realized what it was I felt so stupid, yet when you do this sorta thing, your always on the seat of your pants, any noise peaks your awareness, I was just startled but funny nontheless.

I brightened this up, Hope you don't mind FGHS - Interesting, looks like a cloaked figure

post-33441-1154392929.jpg

I brightened this up, Hope you don't mind FGHS - Interesting, looks like a cloaked figure

Yeah and with it brightened up the face really sticks out. But I do agree.. looks like a cloak to me.

I'm wondering the ball of light on the right hand side of the window frame is causing the reflection of the 3 lights in the window.

Yes i can the see the face you mean as well now luminous...

Nah you guys can do what you wish with the photos if it helps further understand what they actually are. I appreciate you guys actually going to the lengths of doing so as well.

Well, I have good news. After reviewing all I have found and all the good evidence, I have decided that we will be heading back tonight and continue investigating throughout the upcoming weeks. There is so much we want to do. We will be conducting more EVP tonight, definately more pictures and we are setting up the Video Camera with super night vision inside the ballroom. Or the room we received the EVP in. Still deciding on it. I will write up a full report and post it tomorrow morning with pictures, EVP if we received any, and video footage if received any.

Good luck!!

And may you run fast if you need to! haha!!

:tu:

HaHa, thanks..much appreciated. Im wearing my running shoes tonight!

Cool, thats a good thing to do. the more you go back the more you will get in tune with the place..... Keep us in touch with how you get on!

Woot Woot, got some good EVP!! Not sure about pictures or the video camera, but I will post and keep ya'll updated

Woot Woot, got some good EVP!! Not sure about pictures or the video camera, but I will post and keep ya'll updated

Great pics Founder!!!

You know, at first I couldn't see the face, but in the original - OH YEAH!

As far as that reflection in the window - YEP!! I for sure see something there!!!

I was pretty intrigued - so I ran it through photoshop - adjusted contrast, colors, etc..

It looks like a person for sure!!

That pic is great and I can't wait to hear and see more!!!

Good luck!!!

Hey i cant see anything on the pictures because my viewer on my work pc is too dark...if anyone can brighten the pics as we go i'd appreciate it :tu:

Good Luck

Awesome! Good luck! Get 'em before the TAPS team does!

The reflection of the person in the window looks like someone holding a flashlight. Are you sure it wasn't the reflection of one of the investigators? :hmm:

The reflection of the person in the window looks like someone holding a flashlight. Are you sure it wasn't the reflection of one of the investigators? :hmm:

That was my first impression until I saw the "face" in the top part where the hooded appearance is. That face most definitely is NOT human and is distorted in a strange way that doesn't really go with the angle of the window.

I don't know.....

it seems to bend almost opposite of the rest of the reflection.. ?

Edited by luminousphoenix