Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Pope benedict xvi resigning?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

You're such a drama queen;
Says the person who posted about pedophilia and the Pope's "cabal" and seems to think that my post which quoted no one, and referenced no one in particular was specifically referencing her post... :rolleyes:

it's not a conspiracy :lol:! It's just intriguing and, to some, a bit puzzling. Popes usually 'die in harness' ..... they are all old men; this Pope is unusual in standing down but as I mentioned in post # 4, there is a good reason for that.

I never brought up any kind of conspiracy, all I mentioned was that people were suspicious.

Your post and those of others make it very clear that you and others are suspicious of the former Pope's alleged "motives" for leaving the Papacy before his death, so please, explain to me how pointing out that a group of people are suspicious is in and of itself suspicious or make the person who points that out a "drama queen"...../

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 13 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#17    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 13 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Damn, can't be curious about anything or anyone these days without someone labeling you a conspiracy theorist :w00t:

Its one thing to be curious as to why he retired... I'm sure many people are curious about it.

But to question his motives and / or ascribe nefarious intent is something completely different...

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,433 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Says the person who posted about pedophilia and the Pope's "cabal" and seems to think that my post which quoted no one, and referenced no one in particular was specifically referencing her post... :rolleyes:

I never brought up any kind of conspiracy, all I mentioned was that people were suspicious.

Your post and those of others make it very clear that you and others are suspicious of the former Pope's alleged "motives" for leaving the Papacy before his death, so please, explain to me how pointing out that a group of people are suspicious is in and of itself suspicious or make the person who points that out a "drama queen"...../

Cz

Nothing dramatic about my original post ..... it's a fact, so it didn't occur to me that you were addressing me.

You didn't say 'people' were suspicious, you said 'Conspiracy Theorists' were suspicious.

You brought in the drama by referring to Conspiracy Theorists, when in fact the posters here are just curious and interested. (See also: Skater's post which says the same thing).

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#19    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 13 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Nothing dramatic about my original post ..... it's a fact, so it didn't occur to me that you were addressing me.

Yet you replied to me as if I were ...hmmm... :rolleyes:

You didn't say 'people' were suspicious, you said 'Conspiracy Theorists' were suspicious.

Conspiracy Theorists are people, too.... aren't they? :huh:

Regardless, its obvious that you missed the point of my original post.....

You brought in the drama by referring to Conspiracy Theorists,

We're in the CONSPIRACIES section of the board, in case you forgot.... Why is it *SO* dramatic to note that people who believe in / put forward Conspiracy Theories - a.k.a. Conspiracy Theorists (who are, as mentioned, people, too) - who have previously expressed suspicion about the former Pope's actions / motives / shoe size / whatever are NOW expressing suspicion about his leaving the Papacy....?

If we were talking about this in the Religion section of the board, sure, I could see it as overly dramatic to bring in Conspiracy Theorists...

BUT WE'RE IN THE SECTION THAT DEALS WITH CONSPIRACIES.

when in fact the posters here are just curious and interested. (See also: Skater's post which says the same thing).

To which I replied (in case you ignored missed it)...

View PostCzero 101, on 13 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Its one thing to be curious as to why he retired... I'm sure many people are curious about it.

But to question his motives and / or ascribe nefarious intent is something completely different...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 13 March 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#20    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,433 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hahaha :lol: ! I hadn't noticed we were in the 'Conspiracies' section  *face palm*  Sorry :blush:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#21    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 14 March 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Hahaha :lol: ! I hadn't noticed we were in the 'Conspiracies' section  *face palm*  Sorry :blush:

No worries... :tu:

Cz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users