Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

are aliens likely to exist or not?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,544 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostMuzzybluezzy, on 28 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

sorry for that :) also thanks for the heads up! in fact frankly I thought he was serious,because he was not the first politician that talks about aliens, for instance;
Ex-China Foreign Ministry Official says Extraterrestrials live among us

hence I believed him, but I never knew he was a kidder, I think he should be a comedian, not prime minister :)

Thats a very refreshing attitude to acknowledge a small error made, thanks! Most will either fade away and not post the same thread again... or argue that they are right!  You're one of the few who stayed and was open to new info!  :tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#62    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

There is lots of proof.  For example....

UFO's in ancient history.  The painting “The Madonna with Saint Giovannino” and dates back to around the 15th century…..you can see the spaceship.  There are hundreds of anicent pieces of art.

The Book of Ezekiel talks about an encounter with a strange flying object made of metal that was in the shape of a wheel. Inside were four living creatures that looked like humans. It’s hard to ignore this evidence.

In 1977 the Big Ear radio telescope picked up an odd signal. Big Ear used numbers and letters to tell the strength of a signal, 0 being meaningless noise and Z being a strong radio signal.  Dr. Jerry R. Ehman, who was studying the data from the telescope was shocked when a radio signal clocking in at ‘6EQUJ5’ came from a seemingly empty spot in space.   The transmission lasted 37 seconds and came from the Sagittarius constellation. Even more interesting is the fact that the nearest star in that specific direction is 220 million light years away. In other words, the signal came from an empty spot in space. It is also interesting to note that the signal had all the characteristics of an interstellar broadcast.

We cannot possibly know all the answers. And like they say in sports “There is always someone bigger, faster and stronger….

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#63    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,643 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postsslama, on 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

UFO's in ancient history.

You should start a thread on that subject.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#64    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well, if materialism is true and life is a natural phenomenon, then aliens are as likely anywhere else as we are here. We're somebody else's aliens, after all.

What's interesting is that for virtually any set of entering arguments, the Drake equation always resolves for the universe being packed with technological species. And they aren't there.

Which is really interesting. Divine creation, anyone?

#65    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,544 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 28 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Well, if materialism is true and life is a natural phenomenon, then aliens are as likely anywhere else as we are here. We're somebody else's aliens, after all.

What's interesting is that for virtually any set of entering arguments, the Drake equation always resolves for the universe being packed with technological species. And they aren't there.

Which is really interesting. Divine creation, anyone?

It can also be useful to note that Drakes equation is on a bit of shaky ground

http://en.wikipedia....ation#Criticism

Also, we just dont have the tech ability to 'know' where any aliens may be. If the entire universe was 'just'  the size of a football pitch, we havent even seen point (god knows what) of a very very very minute fraction of a fraction of a millimeter. Or even thousands of times less than that.  Or billions of times less than that

Its a big old place...is space!

Edited by seeder, 28 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#66    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,544 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

:clap:

#67    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

My opinion.....
Yes Aliens exist on other planets and yes some have mastered space travel etc.
However..........
I do not believe they have visited Earth, and considering the vastness of the Universe i highly doubt our civilization will last long enough for us to get lucky and bump into one of those civilizations before we become extinct.
We cant get our crap together long enough on this planet to even start branching out which is something that is going to be required if we plan on surviving as a species.  We must inhabit a minimum of two worlds to ensure our survival.
So in conclusion, Aliens Yes, chances of ever meeting one, 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
(so, there IS a chance :tu: )

#68    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View Postseeder, on 28 January 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

It can also be useful to note that Drakes equation is on a bit of shaky ground

http://en.wikipedia....ation#Criticism

Also, we just dont have the tech ability to 'know' where any aliens may be. If the entire universe was 'just'  the size of a football pitch, we havent even seen point (god knows what) of a very very very minute fraction of a fraction of a millimeter. Or even thousands of times less than that.  Or billions of times less than that

Its a big old place...is space!

While i like the spirit behind Drakes equation i always found it to be pretty much useless because of the parameters that cant be figured.
But as a basic guideline it definitely does show that even inputting preposterous numbers would indicate the chance of intelligent life being almost virtually guaranteed somewhere.

#69    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I believe we are not alone in this vast universe. There has to be other planets with advanced life.   Are we being visited? Its hard to say. I have seen videos and read stories that can not be dismissed  But then there are so many hoaxes out there. Until they show themselves to us, i will believe we haven't been visited because of the distance of space travel.

#70    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,082 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hardly, hardly.....This statement is no more accurate than a person shuts their eyes and claim light doesn't exist.
If someone completely shut the door on the possibility at every twists and turns, It impossible for anything to get through. Not for the lack of trying, though.

You took that seriously?

Seriously?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#71    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,082 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

There is lots of proof.  For example....

Actually, no there is not. The examples you have provided have been adressed previously. Perhaps a refresher might be in order.

UFO's in ancient history.  The painting “The Madonna with Saint Giovannino” and dates back to around the 15th century…..you can see the spaceship.  There are hundreds of anicent pieces of art.

No, like the earlier explanation, what we are seeing here is iconography. A Common theme.

But this is not the only peculiarity of the painting: for example, to the upper left we see the Nativity Star with three other small stars, or perhaps flames.A very similar detail is present in the Madonna of the Book (1480) by Sandro Botticelli

These particulars - three stars, a luminous cloud - tell us that this painting follows an ancient iconography, an austere and rigid way for interpreting not only sacred subjects but city life itself, which had been preached by Fra' (Brother) Girolamo Savonarola, and precisely in the Florence of the end of the 15-th century. After the Medici family had been driven out, Florence declared the Republic, which Savonarola oriented in a teocratic fashion, exerting a pervasive surveillance of the people and their ways (nowadays we could draw a parallel with the Islam fundamentalists of Ayatollah Khomeini's Iran Republic), even to the point of the "vanity bonfires", where game cards, dices, wigs and fineries together with trinkets and baubles, books considered obscene and even pictures and precious objects were gathered and set on fire.
Savonarola's preachings greatly influenced works of art of the period and several artists, for example Sandro Botticelli, reneged their own preceding works as heathen, and set to represent mystical subjects in a "purer", but also more rigid, archaic and didascalic style.

The religious symbology which we find in this Madonna is therefore in line with this older iconography that in the Florence of the humanism and Neo-Platonism had been lost. The three stars, for example, appear often in the paintings of the previous century, and especially in the byzantine icons of the Madonna; often, they were painted on her veil, on the shoulders and forehead; other times they are replaced by three rays; they always represent the "threefold virginity" of the Madonna, i.e., before, during, and after the virgin birth. The three stars, in the same meaning, are also found on the coat of arms of the Oratorian order of Saint Filippo Neri (hence, also called "Filippini"), who are particularly devout to the Madonna.

Posted ImagePosted Image

LINK

The Book of Ezekiel talks about an encounter with a strange flying object made of metal that was in the shape of a wheel. Inside were four living creatures that looked like humans. It’s hard to ignore this evidence.

Well you seem to do a fine job of ignoring any explanations of this fantasy.

Yet what is the significance of the wheels? As noted in the Anchor Bible’s commentary on Ezekiel, wheels before the invention of spokes were small solid disks with large axles. The large axle would have the appearance of a wheel within a wheel. While the wheels of chariots and most other vehicles of Ezekiel’s time had spokes, wheeled stands used within the temple often used the small old-fashioned wheels of earlier days. That the rims of the wheels were full of eyes again evokes the supernatural. The wheels are more metaphor than mechanical detail. So the wheels were yet another reference to temple imagery and holiness and were not flying saucers.

Posted Image
Solid wheels with large hubs on a chariot before the invention of spokes (from a panel depicting chariots Ur, Mesopotamia, ca. 2500 BCE).

However, to those who see Ezekiel’s vision as a UFO sighting, the phrase “a wheel within a wheel” suggests machinery. The wheel within a wheel is rendered as a “wheel in the middle of a wheel” in the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, the word in Hebrew being tavek, meaning “to sever” or a bisection, in other words “in the center of.” In his 1970 book Chariots of the Gods? Erich von Daniken wrote (p. 56): “Ezekiel says that each wheel was in the middle of another. An optical illusion! To our present way of thinking what he saw was one of those special vehicles the Americans use in the desert and swampy terrain.”

LINK

In 1977 the Big Ear radio telescope picked up an odd signal. Big Ear used numbers and letters to tell the strength of a signal, 0 being meaningless noise and Z being a strong radio signal.  Dr. Jerry R. Ehman, who was studying the data from the telescope was shocked when a radio signal clocking in at ‘6EQUJ5’ came from a seemingly empty spot in space.   The transmission lasted 37 seconds and came from the Sagittarius constellation. Even more interesting is the fact that the nearest star in that specific direction is 220 million light years away. In other words, the signal came from an empty spot in space. It is also interesting to note that the signal had all the characteristics of an interstellar broadcast.

The WOW! Signal. A great maybe. Nothing to hang your hat on. The fact that it seems to have come from an empty spot in space is not exactly encouraging. But I agree, our best possible to date with regards to the ETH.

We cannot possibly know all the answers. And like they say in sports “There is always someone bigger, faster and stronger….

No worries, as we can see from the extraordinary interpretations of early art pieces, if we do not have answers, someone will come along and make some up! Many people think they are "interpreting" for these poor savages, with not an ounce of knowledge about the heavy influences of religion.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#72    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostMuzzybluezzy, on 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Aliens are the truth. But a whole lot of things about them are not told us. Hence for today we are ignorant about kinda issues like this. In time I believe we will find out such truths.

Posted Image

Usually they don't visit us, in fact lots of aliens already live among us in forms of normal human beings (sometimes, an old man or an old woman or a child) and we don't perceive the existence of them.

They don't disclose themselves in order to the world order continues without any problem. In other words due to aliens should control and monitor the world, they live among us by hiding their own existences. It's really important that you know that there are two realities: seemings (animals and us, short; material life) and invisibles (others and inner powers). God is the main transcendent power that rules these two realities. We experience this world with the conscious (or we might say this world is the world of the conscious), other reality is related to the unconscious (or, it can be said that other reality is the world of the spirit). Human is the total of these two creations.

Also and lastly; Russian prime minister Medvedev said that "aliens are among us"

Here's the MIB russian documentary in which he is referring too.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#73    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Too Funny Sweetpumper ! :tu:
Remember to keep your Country Music by your side always !
Oh ! And I forgot the tape above post 72 Wow All I can say is Even the Russian like a good Book deal !

Edited by DONTEATUS, 29 January 2013 - 03:57 AM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#74    Verloc

Verloc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• War....war never changes.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

@OnereaderOne: Timetravel, in the way you are referring to or as in "Back to the future" would not be possible.

The universe is expanding agree? so if you are at the edge of the expansion you are in the future in relative position to the earth, if you were then to travel at the speed of light towards the center of the universe you would, in essence, be travelling back in time and vica versa. But keep in mind, that while you are travelling stars are born and destroyd, civilizations rise and fall with the rotation of their planets, comets/asteroids hit planets and extinguish life, sun's go supernova etc. and all these things are happening eveywhere in the universe simultaneously.

Since the expansion started all these things have been happening, so to say that you can, for instance, go back to the beginning of our planet's creation and change something, whatever that may be, is impossible as it has already happened.The earth is no longer in the position, relative to the universe expansion bubble, it was when it emerged as a planet.

There may be cycles of civilizations on a planet that repeat themselves, but everything that has happened, has happened, theres no way to literally go back in time and change anything.The earth ofcourse does not travel at the speed of light, so it will always stay in its relative position in the galaxy/universe untill influenced by cosmic events.

This is my opinion mind you, care to refute it?

#75    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 29 January 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Here's the MIB russian documentary in which he is referring too.

thanks for sharing,

According to I read somewhere (don't remember source sorry for that), mostly they choose those human forms

old man with fedora (for instance, like this or this)

elder woman (for instance, like this)

blonde children between 6-12 years (for instance, like this)

additionally sometimes some aliens that form woman or child, use bottle deep green eyes (for instance, like this)

as for men in black, frankly I don't have any certain idea about men in black, but usually aliens attend to americans and russians because these states have contacts with aliens, also due to especially the people of united states are mixture of world human race, americans experience such things more in comparison with other nations (for instance, travis walton).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users