Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 3 votes

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#136    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postaztek, on 01 February 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

do young guys commit less crime now, did outlawing hoods made uk safer?

Yes  aztek, it stoped crime in it tracks and no one in England ever saw such much as a robbery  or violent acts again, the jail houses were empty,  judges were thinking of a new career move, feeling redundant ..Straight up!     Seriously, If many criminals used hoodies to hide their face and it was banned, they would find something else.. crime goes on.. I do not think that's what happened in full ....  I don't think it happened in N.Ireland where I actually come from.. It did happen in England  ( which is a separate country ) As for what they did and what they banned, I do not remember much about it.. I do know that a big fuss was made about those in hoodies, and many shops banned anyone wearing one to enter their store in England.. Try looking it up or asking someone who is from England Who knows more about it....It was years ago, and I don't recall the full details

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 01 February 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#137    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

That was similar to hoodies in the UK.

It rains and is cold alot where I am everyone wears hats/beenies and hoodies. Its the normal.

#138    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

It rains and is cold alot where I am everyone wears hats/beenies and hoodies. Its the normal.

Well they are normal clothing..Sold everywhere here ..

#139    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,760 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Why don't we just outlaw killing?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#140    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

When killing is outlawed, only outlaws will k........ wait a minute..

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#141    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,915 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

The bit that gets me is - If you believe in god you're a thereat . What a load of codswallop...  Lets use as much violence as we can because the lord Jesus preached it is the only answer.. That sounds so clever, its a stone throw away from being like the WBC or worse

This has nothing to do with god, it has a lot to do with people looking to stand up for their rights against a government that may take away their rights... <--- That is all I can see is fair...

Oh BM, our government, specificaly homeland security has labled every single one of us as terrorist. In this case they use religious folks inorder to further divide. But you cant even use cash to buy a cup of coffee without them calling you a terrorist, litteraly. If there was ever a need for the people to be armed, it is now. Everyone is a enemy of the state, according to them.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#142    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,397 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm not sure the real issue is crimes committed with guns.  As has been said, crimes will go on anyway, although I see nothing wrong with making it more difficult for the criminal to do his thing.

The real issue are the other ways guns cause trouble -- the lunatic, the accident, the killing that wouldn't have been a killing if a gun hadn't been present, and the suicide that succeeds because a gun was there.

#143    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 03 February 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Oh BM, our government, specificaly homeland security has labled every single one of us as terrorist. In this case they use religious folks inorder to further divide. But you cant even use cash to buy a cup of coffee without them calling you a terrorist, litteraly. If there was ever a need for the people to be armed, it is now. Everyone is a enemy of the state, according to them.

Is that right ? So, the government has you all down as terrorists, and it is hard to buy a cup of coffee? ( bet starbucks are not happy )   Seriously though,   I have never heard it before, but I wonder why that is? Why do you think it is like that?   From the sounds of it, you lot would be better off in South Africa, North Korea Or Iran ..Somewhere like that for a safe haven and a much easier life.. From what I read on the forums here, the USA seems more worse off than 3rd world countries
Reading anti Obama posts on here, a good number of you have made it sound so bad that North Korea could soon look more like a safe haven   This is not sarcasm  I am serious, .You would be better leaving as soon as,  before the government stop you all from leaving the country....That could happen....  I wouldn't be surprised if an anti Obama website soon sticks out a news article claiming - Obama plans to remove your passports, the rumour spreads, more right wingers get angry and it just goes to pot,....  Propaganda is not designed to make happy campers
From the amount of anti government posts and articles  read on here from other anti government sites  (not all but from what I have looked at, many are ) ..  I am thinking, what if this is for real, and flashed all over our news stations, official comments made by the white house calling you terrorists, and treating you like something they walked in out of the street that had stuck to their shoes...  So many outsiders would think - You lot don't have a prayer.. If anyone has been praying from before Obama was sworn in first time around, it seems they are forsaken, you all are.. From reading your posts alone, it seems you already feel forsaken .. There is no hope...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 03 February 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#144    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 03 February 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm not sure the real issue is crimes committed with guns.  As has been said, crimes will go on anyway, although I see nothing wrong with making it more difficult for the criminal to do his thing.

The real issue are the other ways guns cause trouble -- the lunatic, the accident, the killing that wouldn't have been a killing if a gun hadn't been present, and the suicide that succeeds because a gun was there.

Besides the fact, with a registry scheme a la New York City (maybe a little less complicated) you will always know who the unreliable individuals feeding the black market are, and they surely should not ever get near a gun.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#145    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,971 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Besides the fact, with a registry scheme a la New York City (maybe a little less complicated) you will always know who the unreliable individuals feeding the black market are, and they surely should not ever get near a gun.
Q do you believe our government is incapable of trying at some point to confiscate our weapons?  Please don't inundate me with rhetoric, I'd really appreciate a straight yes or no to a simple question.  Because this is the bottom line for most 2nd amendment types and it's the reason most are so intransigent against registries of any kind - even though these same folks would be willing to agree that that registry would be a good thing were it not for the possible illegal uses by a future government.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#146    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I actually believe most educated 2nd Amenders are against gun registry.

To need an excuse to be against registry is to give it some validity. Since its a violation of the 2nd Amendment it does not deserve any validity and should be ignored outright.

#147    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

View Postand then, on 03 February 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Q do you believe our government is incapable of trying at some point to confiscate our weapons?  Please don't inundate me with rhetoric, I'd really appreciate a straight yes or no to a simple question.  Because this is the bottom line for most 2nd amendment types and it's the reason most are so intransigent against registries of any kind - even though these same folks would be willing to agree that that registry would be a good thing were it not for the possible illegal uses by a future government.

No, but to do that they don't need a registry, all they need is a company of soldiers. Now, if you want your paranoia stand in the way of avoiding crime (regardless if it is all crime or only some percent of it) one should wonder whether you want a solution at all or would prefer civilization to decay in bands of armed hooligans.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#148    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,760 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

If the lunatic didn't have a gun...he would use something else...molotov cocktail perhaps...I mean really...look at the lunatic McVey...did he use a gun to slaughter hundreds of innocent victims?  No.  Fertilizer.
Seriously...we need to start executing our murderers shortly after conviction.  In public.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#149    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,397 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 February 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

If the lunatic didn't have a gun...he would use something else...molotov cocktail perhaps...I mean really...look at the lunatic McVey...did he use a gun to slaughter hundreds of innocent victims?  No.  Fertilizer.
Seriously...we need to start executing our murderers shortly after conviction.  In public.
They might or they might not.  Guns do make something a lot easier than putting together bombs.

I think public executions achieve nothing more than cheapen the society in which they occur.

When you put a person to death you eliminate any chance they might change, and make the execution of an innocent person from time to time a virtual certainty, and to what end?  Obviously the death penalty didn't deter them.

#150    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Frank the lunatic will cause trouble no matter what they will find away,car accidents kill more every year than guns do and not just drunk drivers pure accidents.Should we ban cars and make the gov drive us all around because lots are not responsible enough to drive?Someone could take a whole bottle of aspirin to commit suicide,should we ban aspirin?

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users