Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Celine Dion's husband, manager Rene dies

Still Waters

Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil, who discovered the Canadian pop diva and long managed her career, died aged 73, after a struggle with cancer.

Dion announced his passing in a Twitter message, saying: "Rene Angelil passed away this morning at his home in Las Vegas after a long and courageous battle against cancer."

https://uk.news.yaho...9212.html?nhp=1

I knew he was battling throat cancer but this is so sad to read. I'm a huge fan of hers and she loved him so much. RIP...Aww :(

• Like 2

I'm thinking of Celine and and their three children. They finally were able to have children, and then them being so young when this happens. I know that their's and their mother's heart is breaking, I believe. My heart is to them, and to their loss. :(

So, far, cancer has taken three known individuals this week.

Of course, that is not to say how many others, in all walks of life, have also been taken this week and before. And unfortunately, it will still do that. I would have thought we have come up with more medical technology to battle this.

I speak from the heart of this, I lost quite a few family members, and friends from cancer. :(

May Celine and her children have those around them to comfort them. :wub:

• Like 6

Celine Dion is only 47 years old...her husband was much older. This is what happens when young women marry men 25 years their senior. Their twin children are only 5 years old, it's such a shame.

And today she lost her brother, also to cancer. I feel so bad for her....this has been a damn lousy week.

http://www.hollywood...ne-dions-856407

I was just about to post that after seeing the headlines on Sky News...just awful.

• Like 3

Yeah, I first read her brother having cancer, and thought to not have long to live. Then reading it tonight he passed away. And I think from almost the same thing as her husband! :o

My heart really goes out to her. I know she wont feel it, but I'm imagining hugging her right now. :(