Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan Tablets

http://reinep.wordpress.com/2

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I once met Javier Cabrera Darquea (the guy who possessed a zillion stones depicting native Americans playing with dinosaurs, natives looking through telescopes, and all that) in 1991. His little museum was located at the central plaza of the little town of Ica.

His museum was incredible: from top to bottom, from wall to wall, in literally every nook and cranny were these engraved stones.

Soon after I entered, he came from a back room, and we introduced ourselves to eachother. One of the first things he asked me was what I had studied. My answer was 'chemistry'. Then I asked him if I could see those stones from up real close, and it was ok. I still remember I thought, "I can make those engravings!", but I didn't tell him. He didn't say much, and I didn't have much time to wander around in his museum for much longer because else I would miss my bus (a 4 hours drive to the north; and yes, I missed my bus... something else to experience: feeling lost in country like that).

When I was about to leave, he asked me if I was interested in buying his book. I was, and he signed it for me:

Posted Image

OK, a few days later (yes, I found my way back) I met an artist who recreated ancient Incan and Nazcan pottery:

Posted Image

He demonstrated his art to us, and I bought one of his creations. Then I made a 'mistake', lol: I asked him in my best Spanish if he had ever heard of Cabrera and his engraved stones...

I don't know what he had heard me say, or maybe he assumed I thought he was one of those who made those fake stones for Cabrera, but he nearly exploded: he almost yelled in my face, saying that he was NOT ONE OF THOSE FRAUDS, and that he only recreated the ancient pottery because he wanted his ancestors' art to be preserved for humanity.

OK, so I excused myself and said I never intended to even suggest he was one of Cabrera's men. He cooled down, excused himself too for his outburst... and asked me if I was interested in buying another of his pots, lol.

#17    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Very interesting.

#18    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I once met Javier Cabrera Darquea (the guy who possessed a zillion stones depicting native Americans playing with dinosaurs, natives looking through telescopes, and all that) in 1991. His little museum was located at the central plaza of the little town of Ica.

His museum was incredible: from top to bottom, from wall to wall, in literally every nook and cranny were these engraved stones.

Listen to the facinating dialogue presented by David Childress regarding this topic!
Caution:  You may hurt yourself laughing!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#19    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks synchronomy! That was a great video.

Soon to be forgotten by those who want to believe...

#20    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

What I find most facinating is that these guys can re-introduce all of this ****, a certain number of people fall for it, and they never suffer any ill consequences for their dishonesty, in fact they make a lot of money doing this. As was mentioned, this is the same story (almost word for word) that came out a year or so ago.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Thanks synchronomy! That was a great video.

Soon to be forgotten by those who want to believe...

Btw, this is a site with some excerpts from Cabrera's book (I have the 1988 edition in English) :

http://www.daveswarb...xerpt_index.htm

Edited by Abramelin, 29 October 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#22    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

As interesting as all of this may look, and as much as I wish it was real, something smells terribly fishy in this whole story ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#23    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I personally think that the Ica stones are almost all fakes. The ones with more modern technology and ancient animals on them Certainly are fakes. I believe the poor doctor was duped hundreds of times by the nearby villagers who made all these stones. It is a shame, because there might have been some real ancient stone carvings orginally, but now those must be lumped in with the rest.

I think that these Mayan tablets fall into the same catagory. Fakes made by local peoples to take advantage of greedy or simple/naive researchers/collectors.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#24    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Almost all? You are being polite here...

"Fakes made by local peoples to take advantage of greedy or simple/naive researchers/collectors."

They play with gullible new-age Westerners.

They are most often very poor people, and if they find a way to earn a buck or two, they won't hesitate to have a shot at it.

And I won't blame them for doing that at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users