Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LATEST NEWS: WORLD WAR?

Mystify

Today is an unfortunate day in history. As most of us have already heard...there have been 3 attacks on the US by hijackers and terrorists. 2 Planes crashed into the world trade center and 1 into the whitehouse. I know this is a unexplained forum , but I think it is important to discuss the possible impact on the whole world.

Could this be the beginning of a World War 3?

Please comment.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsupreme

• reese92

• Homer

• Mystify

This isn't the beginning, I t has already begun! I am watching TV and I saw it, one of the towers is gone! The attack was done by an organization from Palestine. I don't think that the USA will let this happen without doing something. I hope that the wounded and the dead will be limited. :'(

Odin Supreme  8)

I too am watching the TV an hour after the disaster. I really don't know what to make of it  :-[ ??? As you say Odin, the USA are unlikely to solve this through discussion, but I hope the move they make won't be too irrational. :'(

Well one thing is for sure... there will be a retaliation. Hopefully soon enough to make a point or stop further menace. The one thing I worry about is the fact that war causes war. If US retaliates it will only push the terrorists further and might cause the inevitable WW3. Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

My prayers are with the world.

I wish we had world peace.

This is about all I am going to say about this right now.

Things are getting worse every few minutes here, as something new is blown up or on fire.  I am really sad for anybody or any country that has to go through this.

So, to everybody on this board, through all the discussions, good and bad, I have grown very fond of alot of you, and I hope that everybody manages to stay safe through all of this.. :-*

Reese  :-* :'( :'(

Evil only begets evil. Good begets good.

Retaliation may be expected, but what good can come from it?

The whole world is in shock from this terrifying and horrific assault on innocent people.

I'm not an overtly religious person, I'm more spiritually inclined, but I will be praying for anyone affected by this trajedy.

The loss is just incomprehensible.

I'm also praying for peace. :'(

Well, maybe I reacted a bit agressive, i had just heard the news, but you are right Loonboy, if the USA does somthing it will have effect on the whole world. The dutch Wall Street, the AEX had to close because of the great finacial losses, it went down with 10%!!

Odin Supreme

As sad as this topic is, I wish to just inform many of you that Canada has now entered chaos.

Ottawa our capital has received numerous bomb threats and all parliment buildings have been evacuated. Fortunately we have not had any damages done yet, but I only see this as a beginning. I too stress my prayers for everyone on earth that this opens up the need for peace in the very near future.

I have found something very interesting on the internet, a FBI guy told almost 2 moths ago that the untid states had to fear for massive terrorists actions for the next 5 years. The research 25 threats every day!

Odin Supreme  :-/

Evacuations are also happening here in London as I imagine are happening in all major cities globally.  :-[ Who knows what the next few days anywhere will be like.

The USA I imagine will retaliate, as this action cannot go unpunished, but I prey for those 3rd parties that have already or will unfortunately suffer from this evil for which they have had no part in  :'(

www.thehourly.com/wtc

With everything thats been going on, I've been monitoring all my available news-sources (with four tv's I can watch all the major nrews networks at once), and I can expect that a lot more things to be effected before this is over.

I have friends that are now "trapped" in Idaho, and Tennessee. My roommate was called off of work because he works in a skyrise, and we live on the west coast, over 2000 miles from this. This will reach farther than anyone can imagine. Death toll in the 10,000's at this point.

I don't see this as going to war, I see in more likelyhood an extermination order against whomever initiated this. Heads will roll...

Chris Strickler

It is highly unlikely that there will be a world war over this. With the status of the world, it is unlikely there will ever be another world war. As for this tragedy, the retaliation will be immense. We won't stop until the entire organization responsible is hunted down like a dog and put on trial. Most likely it is Bin Ladin, and the CIA will not rest until he is found. This tragedy is an act of war. No government would directly plan an attack like this, for fear of swift and brutal retaliation. Only someone like Bin Ladin, a terrorist, would ever try something that is being called worse than Pearl Harbor. Soon after the sorrow ends, incredible rage will replace it, and the US will unite togeather, and search for those responsible. It will be known, "September 11, 2001, a day which will live, in imfamy. The United States was brutally and deliberately attacked, by the terrorist forces, of a terrorist faction or nation."

Clecko,

With all due respect, maybe we shouldn't restrict the list of suspects to only one leader and his group of terrorists,   at this time.  It is very possible that he had something to do with this, but on the other hand, it is possible to be someone else also.  Let's not be-head him before we even get some evidence.  Remember, there is a list of organizations that could handle a concise plan like this, however small that may be, there is still a list.

I only say all this, because when it comes time to sort through fact, it tends to get lost amoung the rumours.

Reese   :'( :'(

Reese

I did give my opinion of who to blame, but i did not assume he was responsible. I left blame on "a terrorist faction or nation", not Bin Ladin. Only when we find a direct link to any group or nation, can we be sure who to blame of this overpowering nightmare.  

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who died today in the most horrific acts of terrorism.

I believe this to be the start of WW3. They have attacked the pentegon for gods sake how can anybody feel safe about that. I would not be suprised if bombs start flying over to the U.S in the next couple of weeks. Remember the saying hit them hard when they are down. (hope not) I just dont want America to go and bomb the country thats responsible, but instead punish those who are. Because thats what these people (Islamic)want they feed off war. They are not afraid to die.

Whos responsible, i personally believe its Bin Ladin after all he was responsible for the 1993 trade centre terrorist attack. Six months ago he said that America would be hit.

What puzzles me is that The F.B.I were not even around at the time of the explosion. They were at some training camp. Could the teorrist have known this before they attacked?

What about Nostradamus prophecy. The fire that will come down from the sky and hit New York NOT EXACT WORDS. He prophecised this to happen in 1999, 2001 is not to far off.

Anyways we should all pray for those who have died or for those who have lost some one.

Hope you are all safe

X

This is, without a doubt, the single greatest attack on the U.S. in history. Nothing else even comes close. A couple things to be aware of. When it's proven who's responsible, there will be no trial. Retaliation will be their punishment. Another thing to be aware of is, these next few days or weeks are very dangerous times, for the U.S. intelligence agencies will start to uncover and eliminate various terrorist cells situated inside the U.S. Out of fear these cells will be discovered, may be ordered by their masters outside the U.S. to unleash more terror quickly, before they, too, are eliminated.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

I am really sad and scared, people on the planes as well as in the trade center didnt deservve to die :-[. I know am scared that my couisin in new york might have been killed. :'(. Iknow that theres anger in all of us. Ihate those hijackers. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yesterday was indeed a very terrible day for America, and indeed the civilized world. It is astonishing that there are still people in the world today capable of planning and executing an attack so bent on destruction.  

As many notable polticians have said, this can be considered an Act Of War on America and Democracy by world terrorism.

Here in the UK as Tommy said, buildings such as the London Stock Exchange and other important areas have been evacuated as a precaution.

I couldn't believe it when I first heard the news and saw the horrifying pictures of the Trade Centre collapsing in a huge cloud of dust. I am certain that the US and all the other democratic nations of the world will not rest into those responsible have been brought to justice.

The thoughts of everyone here in Britain go out to the victims and their families.

I am very upset about what happened yesterday.  I actually made my self sick because I was worrying so much.  One of my friends lives right by where the plane crashed in Pennsylvania.  I got ahold of her and she is ok, but since she is in the army she was called in and is at the scene where the plane is.  Once I hear from her Ill let you all know what she tells me, if there is anything to tell.  My brother is in the Navy in San Diego.  We havent been able to get ahold of him so I dont know what is going to happen.  I hope this is over, but I dont think it is.  I fear the worst, WW3.  I only wish I was allowed in the military so I could go and fight for my country.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jamie