Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Curiosity rover finds ‘flower’ on mars

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16    Kurzweil

Kurzweil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars. But seriously, what ever is in that picture looks to be the size of a toe nail clipping or smaller. How they got 'flower' out of it I have no idea.

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,667 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostKurzweil, on 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars. But seriously, what ever is in that picture looks to be the size of a toe nail clipping or smaller. How they got 'flower' out of it I have no idea.

Yeh but bear in mind NASA didn't call it a flower...it was someone at ATS according to the story.  but if you see the full sized raw image here

http://mars.jpl.nasa...1000E1_DXXX.jpg

and do a diagonal to the top right corner at full zoom, it looks like there is another 'bit', so most likely just something crystalline in the rock...

seriously tho - what does anyone expect to see? Daffodils?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yeh but bear in mind NASA didn't call it a flower...it was someone at ATS according to the story.  but if you see the full sized raw image here

http://mars.jpl.nasa...1000E1_DXXX.jpg

and do a diagonal to the top right corner at full zoom, it looks like there is another 'bit', so most likely just something crystalline in the rock...

seriously tho - what does anyone expect to see? Daffodils?
roses!  bright red roses!

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#19    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

It surely is just some form of crystaline protrusion. But even that is more interesting than the endless pictures of dusty rock etc. Ooens up questions as to what it's forned from, etc...

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#20    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,823 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'd like to comment on this but I don't even believe in Mars.

Me either.  It's a bunch of crap.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,529 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I already said It was a Cicada on the Space and Grace  Thread ! We put it there to mess wit da NASA guys & Gals ! :alien:  :cry:

This is a Work in Progress!

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,355 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I though Allan Boyle's comment was good, first thing I thought it looked like was a wrapper as well.

This is very interesting indeed, have we something new altogether? I hope so.

From the link, this really caught my eye:

This is the SECOND TRANSLUCENT ANOMALY detected by Curiosity in Gale Crater.”

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#23    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,405 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I believe life may have started there and seeded earth, there is the Mars rock found with organisms,even though there is a debate.  Mars has the largest volcano in our solar system,it may have exploded ending life`s bacteria before it got started.  

http://spider.seds.o.../marsrocks.html

#24    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I guess some people are able to see beauty in everything. Flower my ***

#25    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,700 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

From Uranus

#26    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

It does not look like a flower to me either, it looks like bleached white crab shells in the sand.

What ever it is it's cool to me, it's a picture of something on Mars!  That is so amazing to me!  Clear pictures of whatever on a different planet...that just blows my mind!  LoL!  :D

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#27    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Seem to me like you have overdosed on this topic, sweety. :w00t:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#28    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,355 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Ohh Mars is very real, it's the moon that is a hoax.

LINK - The Moon. A Propaganda Hoax.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#29    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,208 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

There is nothing at all to suggest this is organic, much less anything 'out of the ordinary'. It could be an exposed bit of crystal. The rock does have a sedimentary look to it though, it could be any number of things however there isn't anything to suggest it isn't geological in nature.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,355 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 08 January 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

There is nothing at all to suggest this is organic, much less anything 'out of the ordinary'. It could be an exposed bit of crystal. The rock does have a sedimentary look to it though, it could be any number of things however there isn't anything to suggest it isn't geological in nature.

What I do not get is there is a lab on board Curiosity - SAM. Can we not scoop it up and have a good look at it? Vaporise it and see what happens maybe? (BREAKING NEWS New volatile substance found on Mars. Curiosity mission suddenly over)

What I find most interesting is that it is the second anomaly in that very area.

You know what they say! Curiosity killed the cat!

What the hell the cat was doing on Mars in the first place I have no idea...................... :unsure2:

But I agree. It does look very geological in nature. More like a polished and perhaps metallic surface.

Edited by psyche101, 08 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users