Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

Simbi Laveau

I've been laying low for a while but this kind of speak isn't what I'm used to hearing from you. Thought you were reasonable but it seems that you're just another outsider who thinks he knows best.

Think how you like. That's ok. Just remember that America is exceptional. We stand out from the crowd for a reason. People, including our president, who keep telling us we need to be like the rest of the world can either stay where they are or go live in the rest of the world. Those who appreciate American will stay here and fight for its exceptionalism against those who think we need to change. We made one huge change 236 years ago. If we hadn't we'd already be just like the rest of the world. We aren't reverting.

I think a lot of times citizens of certain countries can do nothing about the laws imposed on them and have to accept them, so they rationalize it, whatever it is they're told to do and not to do, have or not have.

• Like 1

I think a lot of times citizens of certain countries can do nothing about the laws imposed on them and have to accept them, so they rationalize it, whatever it is they're told to do and not to do, have or not have.

You're right. And they may develop a sort of Stockholm syndrome towards their governments. Eh, it's called indoctrination I guess.

Here is a question for the antigunners... If the citizens of North Korea were suddenly armed as American citizens are what would be the downfall? The few nuts who commit murders or the ability to maybe take a stand against Kim Jong Jr? I know the former is the downfall but the latter is just far too important to argue against. Arms=Freedoms.

Here is a question for the antigunners... If the citizens of North Korea were suddenly armed as American citizens are what would be the downfall? The few nuts who commit murders or the ability to maybe take a stand against Kim Jong Jr? I know the former is the downfall but the latter is just far too important to argue against.

Considering the vast majority of the people have been brainwashed to love their leader immensely not to mention a substantial chunk of the population is in the armed forces or reserves, I actually cannot see the scenario occurring. Oh, and if you want to see how effective armed citizenry are against even a remotely competent armed government force, look at the current civil war in Syria. Is 40,000+ people dead really a good thing?

Arms=Freedoms.

Arms+Rednecks=Death. Honestly, the collective intelligence of the pro-gun movement in this thread is disturbing. Oh, and "your freedoms"? Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

Because if you do, you could not be more wrong.

Edited by MichaelW

Arms+Rednecks=Death.

Stereotypes are dangerous less we start calling OZ the new Commie Nation.

• Like 1

Stereotypes are dangerous less we start calling OZ the new Commie Nation.

But I'm not Australian.

But I'm not Australian.

I know this. You are from NZ. But OZ did sell 90% of there natural resources to China. My advice is keep an eye on your Big Corps to ensure they dont follow suite. I only say this because I care about your country in a Im not really getting involved way.

Im saying stereotypes are dangerous cause in my book that invites calling OZ a Commie Nation. Do you see what I mean. Its like bullying in school. If you call names long enough bad things can come out of it. Revenge killing and suicide are the two that come to mind. And lets not start with racial profiling due to stereotyping. Its just an unhealthy attitude IMO. But one Im guilty of from time to time as well.

Considering the vast majority of the people have been brainwashed to love their leader immensely not to mention a substantial chunk of the population is in the armed forces or reserves, I actually cannot see the scenario occurring. Oh, and if you want to see how effective armed citizenry are against even a remotely competent armed government force, look at the current civil war in Syria. Is 40,000+ people dead really a good thing?

Arms+Rednecks=Death. Honestly, the collective intelligence of the pro-gun movement in this thread is disturbing. Oh, and "your freedoms"? Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

No comment. I've done the broken record thing enough already. My history on UM already has answers and replies to all of this. Just go read past US threads over the last two years and you'll see where I stand. I'd give you a better reply but your overuse and ill use of the word redneck and its association with guns leaves little else to gain from further conversation.

• Like 1

Really? That's what you think? You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA? Now we see your intelligence level.

By the way, what is a redneck? Do you think only rednecks own firearms?

• Like 1

Really? That's what you think? You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA? Now we see your intelligence level.

People are idiots. They love stereotyping people regardless of the facts. I could just call him a ignorant minded liberal who understands nothing of the constitution and how history always repeats itself.

• Like 1

In his defense, he never made reference to those specific countries. You did, in an effort to discredit him, and you're not fooling anyone.

I know this. You are from NZ.

So, what does this have to do with the price of fish? And why are you so concerned about what Australia, a sovereign country with legitimate business interests, does with it's natural resources? If Australian businesses want to sell their products in China, they are perfectly fine to do so. Same with any business in any country. China is GM's second largest market for example.

Don't really see what your problem is.

No comment.

Then what is the point of your post? If you don't want to comment, what's the point in doing so? Just seems like a waste of time.

Now, where exactly did I mention those countries? This is a very, very poor attempt and using a strawman to discredit someone. If you're going to fling poo, make sure some of it sticks.

Now, as for free countries, I had the Benelux states in mind (I'll give you a little while to figure out what those are) as well as most of Scandinavia and of course, NZ.

By the way, what is a redneck?

If you wish to see what a redneck is, you are welcome to look in a mirror.

People are idiots. They love stereotyping people regardless of the facts. I could just call him a ignorant minded liberal who understands nothing of the constitution and how history always repeats itself.

You could, but that would be apt. Because I am a liberal person.

In his defense, he never made reference to those specific countries. You did, in an effort to discredit him, and you're not fooling anyone.

In my defense, he said" Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

Because if you do, you could not be more wrong".

I think I would be "more wrong" if I said North Korea was the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth.

If he is going to insult me and tell me how wrong I am, I have no issue with calling him out on his words. :tu:

• Like 2

If you wish to see what a redneck is, you are welcome to look in a mirror.

Here we go. More insults from the child.

Only a child would believe that a person who owns a gun must be a "redneck".

• Like 1

In my defense, he said" Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

Because if you do, you could not be more wrong".

Exactly. No where did he mention them.

Exactly. No where did he mention them.

You are correct, he didn't mention them. I was saying that I believe I could be more wrong if I beleived those countries were the freest, most liberal countries on the face of the earth.

He said I could not be more wrong. I called him out (only because his insults are getting old).

• Like 1

You are correct, he didn't mention them. I was saying that I believe I could be more wrong if I beleived those countries were the freest, most liberal countries on the face of the earth.

He said I could not be more wrong. I called him out (only because his insults are getting old).

You didn't "call him out" you put together a dilapidated response in which you put words in his mouth and associated things to him which he never said. Get over yourself.

You didn't "call him out" you put together a dilapidated response in which you put words in his mouth and associated things to him which he never said. Get over yourself.

You need to re-read the posts.

He said "you could not be more wrong" (He typed that). I will argue that I could be more wrong. I even listed some countries where that would be true.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree because this really is not worth butting heads.

• Like 1

Your response has nothing rational in it to change my mind, just a lot of false statements about my country. One thing I would say is that I feel perfectly safe to walk anywhere in Ho Chi Minh City at any hour of the night. Odds are a patroller will ask me for my ID if I am not known to him. Good for him.

Very few Asian or European countries allow guns the way you have in America. They are seen as the equivalent of allowing bombs and deadly poisons.

On that note, why is it that 'freedom' or 'liberty' have to include 'possession of weapons' ?

On that note, why is it that 'freedom' or 'liberty' have to include 'possession of weapons' ?

Because without the possession of weapons freedom and liberty cease to exist. You know that.

weapons exists because of Freedom or Freedom exists because of weapons ?

at best that is but an allegiance to Freedom and Liberty, too fragile a flavor of freedom / liberty

weapons exists because of Freedom or Freedom exists because of weapons ?

at best that is but an allegiance to Freedom and Liberty, too fragile a flavor of freedom / liberty

Not sure what you're implying, but freedom exists because of weapons and those who know how to use them. Don't believe me? How about you go ahead and tell me about a time and place where a tyrannical oppressor stepped down because of diplomacy. The rest of the world can't even get one in today's world to not play with nuclear weapons.

While you're trying to find an outlier or two to the above challenge, let me say we're against unnecessary regulation because of instances like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_%28farmer%29

• Like 1

So from what I understand from your statements is that only those that knows how and uses weapons have freedom ?

its just oppression by another name and color