Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we really 100% Human?

the.truth.is.out.there.x

Scientific evidence shows that humans existed within the same time frame as neanderthals, and even in the bible, other humanoids were described to have inhabited the earth, so my question is, are we really "human"? If you think about it, since there are so many genetic variations among humans, it is very likely that we could all be mixed with different humanoids. So maybe, we are not as human as we think...

Considering we have been evolving for many years, yes there have been

changes, but the variations you are talking about is classed as "races".....apart from that, yes we are all humans. And where does this humanoid thing come into it? Too many sci fi films I think.

Whatever the origins we evolved from we are scientifically classified as the human species, so I am not sure what the point is.

Hi,

The exchanges that have occurred through genetic exchange with other hominid groups is what makes what we are human.I have in another thread posted many links discussing this very subject and would suggest that rather than me re-posting the information here that you could read through the material in the Decoding Neandertal thread .

jmccr8

• Like 1

I know what humans are, but what are " noids "?

Human-Noid

manager.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 5

Considering we have been evolving for many years, yes there have been

changes, but the variations you are talking about is classed as "races".....apart from that, yes we are all humans. And where does this humanoid thing come into it? Too many sci fi films I think.

I don't think any branch of /science/ acknowledges "race": race in that sense is almost purely a social construction, with no genetic reality to back it up. What one group considers a single "race", another group views as two or three.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Some believe that modern humans are the result of genetic alteration by aliens.

An advanced alien thing takes a monkey, does some weird stuff, and voila, a human.

But, I don't really know :)

There are people who have Neanderthal and Denovisian ancestry. Both of which are more ancient species (or maybe not even that) of humans. Only sub-Saharan Africans (in many cases) show no genetic mixture from ancient races of humans.

As far as I know, any species with the Genus Homo, is (should be) considered human.

If there were people with Alien DNA, or DNA radically different from most average people, in our modern DNA testing societies, we'd already know about it, I would think.

So my answer is YES, we are all 100% human.

• Like 3

I find it kind of interesting that we call ourselves the human race, because it implies that there are other beings than 'human beings' of the 'mankind' or 'human race'.

I mean, we don't refer to insect beings or the canine race. But if, say, there were Atlantians, Lumanians, etc...

• Like 1

Not race, but species!

• Like 1

Whatever we are defines "human," so yes, we're human. I seem to recall that geneticists are now finding it possible to differentiate 'race' genetically, so it may be that not all 'types' of humans are the same, but 'human' we all are.

• Like 1

By humanoids, I was referring to the "Nephelim" that was mentioned in the bible; skepticism aside.

Here's the problem with your first statement:

Scientific evidence shows that humans existed within the same time frame as neanderthals, and even in the bible, other humanoids were described to have inhabited the earth, so my question is, are we really "human"?

In the above you're misrepresenting what humans are since Neanderthals, Homo neandertalensis, are also human. Getting past your using the Bible as a history book, it's not, for the "sons of God" to breed with the "daughters of men" then the former would have to be human as well. Just as their offspring, the Nephilim, would be human regardless of stature. There are no "humanoids" involved as the word itself means 'human-like' but not human.

cormac

• Like 2

Hi Truth,

There really isn't any evidence that the "Nephelim" were not human,there are no skeletal artifacts to support that any kind of hybrid does or has existed of a biblical nature,and given the time frames of the bible and location of events if such evidence could be found,the church would have likely made much ado about it.Personally I would be more inclined to accept that the "Nephelim" were the offspring of archaic human inter-breeding.

jmccr8

I know I'm human. 100%. My parents were, and their parents were, and so on. They created me, as they were created by their parents. Being "human" sure might be a mix of Neanderthals and others, but that's what humans are supposed to be. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 1

There are people who have Neanderthal and Denovisian ancestry. Both of which are more ancient species (or maybe not even that) of humans. Only sub-Saharan Africans (in many cases) show no genetic mixture from ancient races of humans.

As far as I know, any species with the Genus Homo, is (should be) considered human.

If there were people with Alien DNA, or DNA radically different from most average people, in our modern DNA testing societies, we'd already know about it, I would think.

So my answer is YES, we are all 100% human.

The unexplained ones are called a genetic anomaly, since it is discovered in humans they never call it non human.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

I don't think any branch of /science/ acknowledges "race": race in that sense is almost purely a social construction, with no genetic reality to back it up.

Physical and Forensic anthropologists testify as expert witnesses in courts all the time. It's called ancestry assessment, but you can also call it ethnicity, race, breed.

What one group considers a single "race", another group views as two or three.

Sure, there are no "pure" races, but there are genetic markers (haplogroups), hell, you can find out your ancestry for just a few bucks these days.

Skeletal patterns and dentition are also useful markers. Skin colour is actually the least useful criteria for this ancestry discernment.

Here's a lecture "sponsored by Investigative and Forensic Sciences Division, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice".

Forensic Anthropology 2011: Concept of "Race"

Hi Truth,

There really isn't any evidence that the "Nephelim" were not human,there are no skeletal artifacts to support that any kind of hybrid does or has existed of a biblical nature,and given the time frames of the bible and location of events if such evidence could be found,the church would have likely made much ado about it.Personally I would be more inclined to accept that the "Nephelim" were the offspring of archaic human inter-breeding.

jmccr8

I agree. The Bible verse in question sometimes is translated "Heros", or "Giants", or "Nephilim". But, to my thinking, I'd consider people like Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Solomon... To be "giants" of their ages. Just as we have "giants" in entertainment today, and in finance, and politics, and industry.

• Like 3

I guess we are, and I'm still surprised at how vicious we can be at times. Aren't we supposed to know better?

Maybe not, maybe my thinking was twisted as a child by Sunday School (lol)

• Like 1

Nah. You need to have a heart to be human and the world is full of heartless *snip*.

I'm not a human, I'm a robot. ;)

Nah. You need to have a heart to be human and the world is full of heartless *snip*.

Here ya go mate....

url.jpeg

• Like 3