Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,104 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postemberdawn, on 10 September 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Hello Lilly from what I understand Scorpio's are some of the most loving, loyal, and protective  people. That and they have beautiful eyes and deep thoughts
Very much, in fact, like Labradors.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#17    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

From what I understand, not a lot signs get along with Scorpio but my sign (Cancer) apparently gets along with them really well, I can't really attest to this because I've never known any Scorpios (to my knowledge anyway).

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#18    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

dont know anything bought sign and stuff but im a torus so idk if that's good or bad.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#19    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

You can't use yourself as a control element, that's way too bias.

Posted Image

#20    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Lol if there is one sign that can't lie to itself and knows it's self well is a Scorpio.

#21    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,443 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostXetan, on 10 September 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

You can't use yourself as a control element, that's way too bias.

Oh, I'm not doing a study..just giving my personal opinion.

BTW, astrology isn't scientifically valid anyway.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#22    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm a Scorpio.

And you guys are being mean. :cry:

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#23    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Sorry this wasn't meant to be mean. Trying to understand why they get such a bad rap when they are usually gentle loving people. I have heard them called demon spawn, deviants, sexual  pervs, dishonest, back stabbing, evil, mobile homes for demons, not worth marrying because they can't be loyal. Just trying trying to enlighten.  My friend asked her mom why people do what they do to her. Her mom turned around  and casually said " because your a Scorpio"    ???? "really"  ????

#24    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 10 September 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

dont know anything bought sign and stuff but im a torus so idk if that's good or bad.
all signs are good. Taurus is strong sign and compatible with Scorpios.  I feel sorry for those who get in the way of what you want they might end up with hoof marks on their backs. Lol

#25    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,637 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

We are no such things, we're actually one of the most loving, trustful, and passionate signs of all, a bit possesive perhaps but no sign is perfect.

People just want to hate one way or the other...It's human nature.

Atleast we have Capricorns...our strongest allies. They love us...

Edited by Alex01, 10 September 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#26    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Well, from my experience scorpios are not truly evil, however their drive for power and dominance can make them seem that way, furthermore they tend to lash out quite strongly when they perceive an attack which is probably why they are compared to scorpions.

#27    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,637 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

No sign is evil. That's just the typical excuse to hate something: call it evil. Ironic, isn't it?

I would guess it's a matter of not getting on a Scorpio's bad side, as the "lash" as you so may call it can be quite...passionate as the sign tends to be. It's hard to get a Scorpio to forgive. We are also quite protective over the stuff and people we love. And we lash our really strong when that is under threat. I guess people don't like our passionate strikes when provoked.

But if you get on our good side we're softer than bread and cotton. Actually, Scorpios are not only compared to Scorpions, but also to Eagles, and Phoenixes.

About dominance and drive for power...I'm a Scorpio, and I feel no such thing.

EDIT:

Let me add, however, that Astrology as a whole is very far from being proven to be trustworthy. Consider it just "fun" stuff. What is actually proven, is that every human being on the planet is unique and shares it's own personality (or copies another's).

Edited by Alex01, 10 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#28    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

There is a site that is more than 50 percent Scorpios all wonderful people and very interesting.  Believe it or not they do give off a special energy. It is in your posts. Especially  Rockabilly and 747400. This is the first time I've read anything from Alex01 and Lilly peaceful energy is what I feel.  So I wasn't surprise to see some of you come here. Thank you for answering me.

#29    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostAlex01, on 10 September 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

No sign is evil. That's just the typical excuse to hate something: call it evil. Ironic, isn't it?

I would guess it's a matter of not getting on a Scorpio's bad side, as the "lash" as you so may call it can be quite...passionate as the sign tends to be. It's hard to get a Scorpio to forgive. We are also quite protective over the stuff and people we love. And we lash our really strong when that is under threat. I guess people don't like our passionate strikes when provoked.

But if you get on our good side we're softer than bread and cotton. Actually, Scorpios are not only compared to Scorpions, but also to Eagles, and Phoenixes.

EDIT:

Let me add, however, that Astrology as a whole is very far from being proven to be trustworthy. Consider it just "fun" stuff. What is actually proven, is that every human being on the planet is unique and shares it's own personality (or copies another's).
I was reading a book called archyotypes of the Zodiac is stated that Scorpios can evolve. You start as a Scorpion, then a snake, the final transformation is the pheonix or eagle. It also says the eagle is the only creature who can stare down sun. Astrology for me is just for fun and it's interesting.

View PostAlex01, on 10 September 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

EDIT:

I was reading a book called archyotypes of the Zodiac is stated that Scorpios can evolve. You start as a Scorpion, then a snake, the final transformation is the pheonix or eagle. It also says the eagle is the only creature who can stare down sun. Astrology for me is just for fun and it's interesting.

Edited by emberdawn, 10 September 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#30    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Uh not quite sure how that happened????Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users