Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Amazing Crop Circle: Hackpen Hill

ufo crop circle

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#181    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,329 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 27 July 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

You make it sound so easy.  "Quite possibly in 1 night".

Okay, now we are finally getting somewhere.  I am willing to help you out. For safety reasons make the - exact copy - during the day.
Perhaps you missed the posts on pages 1, 2 and 3 where a group of like 4 or 5 made a crop circle of comparable size and complexity?

I don't see anything in your Hackpen circle that would be especially hard to make.

Did you watch your own video link? The cross hatching shows all the signs of being done with boards. I'd ask that you go back to that video and watch the part where they are taking video on the ground, and look at the cross hatching especially.

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 27 July 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Clearly, making an - exact copy - of the Hackpen Hill Crop Circle is impossible to do in 1 night.
What is clearly going on here is that without one bit of supporting evidence you are making definative declarations of Fact..... But, what you really have here is OPINION.

What if there were 100 people involved? Would it still be impossible?

Edited by DieChecker, 28 July 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#182    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Perhaps you missed the posts on pages 1, 2 and 3 where a group of like 4 or 5 made a crop circle of comparable size and complexity?

I don't see anything in your Hackpen circle that would be especially hard to make.

Did you watch your own video link? The cross hatching shows all the signs of being done with boards. I'd ask that you go back to that video and watch the part where they are taking video on the ground, and look at the cross hatching especially.

What is clearly going on here is that without one bit of supporting evidence you are making definative declarations of Fact..... But, what you really have here is OPINION.

What if there were 100 people involved? Would it still be impossible?

I think if you actually turned off your computer, walked out into a beautiful wheat field and took a good look around

at 9AM you would realize the futility of making an exact copy.

I'm thinking you should make a phone call to MIT.

Comment on their attempt to make a crop circle in 2002.  Then ask them if they could make an - exact copy - of the

Hackpen Hill Crop Circle in 4 hours.  See what they say.

How hard is it to make a phone call?

- I think i already know their response.  Do you? -

#183    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,157 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#184    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 27 July 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Excellent, thank you.
Any outside of the cereal graffiti field corrobration? Was it in the newspapers? Did Donaldson from the Dairy go and have a shufty? Or are the only people talking about it from the cereal graffiti groups?

Yes, they wrote an article in the dailymail.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing."

http://www.dailymail...ield-wheat.html

#185    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Too late. The Dailymail has it firmly in the history books.

- Seek the Truth -

Food For Thought : It's very hard to unring a bell.

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta, 29 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#186    Vyers

Vyers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Very interesting design! I can't begin to imagine how crop artists make their job with such precision.

I'm still not convinced by crop circles, though.

#187    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostVyers, on 29 July 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Very interesting design! I can't begin to imagine how crop artists make their job with such precision.

I'm still not convinced by crop circles, though.

The good news is that you have an open mind. :tu:

#188    Vyers

Vyers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Towards crop circles, not really.
I'm embarrassed to admit I used to think they were fake, manipulated pictures.
Do you have the picture of the one made by MIT students?

#189    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostVyers, on 29 July 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Towards crop circles, not really.
I'm embarrassed to admit I used to think they were fake, manipulated pictures.
Do you have the picture of the one made by MIT students?

MIT students try to build a crop circle in 4 hours.

The MIT newsoffice wrote about it.

http://web.mit.edu/n...crops-1009.html

#190    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,329 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 29 July 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

I think if you actually turned off your computer, walked out into a beautiful wheat field and took a good look around

at 9AM you would realize the futility of making an exact copy.

I'm thinking you should make a phone call to MIT.

Comment on their attempt to make a crop circle in 2002.  Then ask them if they could make an - exact copy - of the

Hackpen Hill Crop Circle in 4 hours.  See what they say.

How hard is it to make a phone call?

- I think i already know their response.  Do you? -

OK, I went out into a large wheat field and checked how hard it was to board down the wheat... not too hard.

I also called MIT and they said it should be easily replicatable and that it was only a matter of how many people were involved.

They told me that the attempt in 2002 was not with their best people....

Edited by DieChecker, 29 July 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#191    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,329 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 29 July 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

MIT students try to build a crop circle in 4 hours.

The MIT newsoffice wrote about it.

http://web.mit.edu/n...crops-1009.html

While everyone agrees that at least some crop circles are human-made hoaxes, the students learned from BLT staff that a "true" crop circle is marked not only by a complex and precise design, but by deformation of the grains of wheat and the presence of tiny iron molecules in the vicinity of the circle.
Was this documented at the Hackpen Hill site?

Final Conclusions:

The analysis team was justifiably impressed with the final product. When they had completed a battery of tests on the site, the circle was deemed on a par with any of the documented cases.

"After building what we consider a damn good crop circle with almost perfectly straight lines and an interesting geometry, I find it hard to put any faith in tales of crop circle construction by aliens," Rizzo said. "I think they are a result of free time, boredom and a good sense of humor."

#192    _Only

_Only

• 6,708 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 29 July 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

They told me that the attempt in 2002 was not with their best people....

That's what I assumed after wondering how many seasoned crop circle artists study at MIT.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#193    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,047 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 29 July 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Yes, they wrote an article in the dailymail.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing."

http://www.dailymail...ield-wheat.html
Interesting.
So that's a nail in the "it's digitally manipulated" coffin.
Now, onto timescale. When was the last time prior to the discovery was the field surveyed from above/a point able to view the cereal graffiti? That'd give us a working period where the vandalism could be done.

There is IMO no obvious indication of a message though, even when you see (say) Arabic writing, you can tell it's writing and there's meant to be a message there by the context, cereal communication is so bereft of that context to be virtually meaningless as a means of communication.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#194    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 29 July 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Interesting.
So that's a nail in the "it's digitally manipulated" coffin.
Now, onto timescale. When was the last time prior to the discovery was the field surveyed from above/a point able to view the cereal graffiti? That'd give us a working period where the vandalism could be done.

There is IMO no obvious indication of a message though, even when you see (say) Arabic writing, you can tell it's writing and there's meant to be a message there by the context, cereal communication is so bereft of that context to be virtually meaningless as a means of communication.

I think the - obvious message - is: Make an exact copy of this Hackpen Hill Crop Circle....if you can.

Make it during the day & Good Luck!

#195    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 08 August 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I think the - obvious message - is: Make an exact copy of this Hackpen Hill Crop Circle....if you can.

Make it during the day & Good Luck!

After spending a couple hours at the Hackpen site (on day one) it was pretty obvious that the physical evidence left on the ground clearly point to its origin as being very physical and very human in nature. The extensive pattern of crushing and creasing damage on the laid mature wheat plants within this circle was noted as  being fully consistent with heavy mechanical processes employed by human crop-crunching circle-fakers in the creation of their "art".

http://www.silentcir...hacked.pen.html

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

Also tagged with ufo, crop circle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users