Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#271    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Jaws, without a doubt. Anyone who has seen Jaws and swims in the ocean thinks of sharks. Any other scary movie doesn't inspire the same feelings at all times. I still swim in the ocean, and love it, but sharks are always on my mind.

#272    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Jaws is a classic, that music!! I can't step foot in the ocean without fears of crabs, jellyfish and stingrays, let alone sharks :w00t:

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#273    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Jaws is a classic, that music!! I can't step foot in the ocean without fears of crabs, jellyfish and stingrays, let alone sharks :w00t:

With Jaws I can still hear the screaming, and that was just in the cinema when head appeared from bottom of sunken boat, things didn't improve after that...

Well, to add to my list from earlier. Only last night I watched "The Woman in Black". I know critics and others seemed not to rate this highly, but fear is all in the mind of the veiwer. I thought this was as scary as anything I had seen before. Blood soaked slashers do not scare me for one moment, it is often that which is more low key that is more frightening. There is another film recently seen, French, called "Livid", very good until the last quarter of film which became slighty silly and, IMO, ruined the suspense.

#274    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

The 'You're gonna need a bigger boat' scene scared the heck outta me, it's just so sudden and he backs away so realistically :D

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#275    jackball74

jackball74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postlalalalana, on 08 March 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

The Orphanage (Spanish movie) and REC (also Spanish but has an American remake called Quarentine) were scary and good, but overall The Exorcist still terrifies me and probably always will do.
Good call all around.  I like what is coming out of Spain.

#276    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

"The Hills Have Eyes" disturbed me some, enough that I wouldn't watch it again. "Creepshow" and "Twilight Zone, The Movie" from the 80's were a couple of favorites of mine as a kid. "Trick or Treat" is pretty cool. "The Walking Dead" series has my full attention nowadays...

Posted Image

#277    Shego

Shego

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• "And I'm alive
    I'm God's favorite
    And I'm an angel
    The purest you've ever met"
    - Jyrki 69 (bit me 10/6/09)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Haute Tension...

Actually I found it more disgusting than scary.

Posted Image

I want a guy with a rich boy standards
Handsome, has it, want it , have it

#278    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,616 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I saw The Orphanage at the cinema, it was such a great immersive tale. There are a couple really jumpy moments, it's a very sad movie too, a good blend of emotions. It really annoyed and insulted me when I saw folks walking out cause it had subtitles!!! Idiots!

#279    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#280    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

The Exorcist always scared me, but the real life experience of a friend made it worse so now I don't watch it anymore. Paranormal Activity is in that same category. Those movies don't seem quite so "fun" anymore.

REC is high on my list, though the american version (Quarantine) did nothing for me.

The Changeling with George C Scott is a good slow burning ghost story.

I can't leave out the original black and white Night of the Living Dead, because watching it alone in a dark empty house terrified me as a kid.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#281    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostEnoonmai, on 19 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Of course 2016 is scary. It was made by the delusional for the delusional.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#282    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I thought Communion was pretty disturbing

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#283    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostUrisk, on 11 October 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I so desperately need to get this film on DVD! I've only seen perhaps the last thrid perhaps which really annoys me. The concept just sounds to excellent, and perhaps a little Lovecraftian. A sort of From Beyond, or Bleknap Long's Hounds of Tindalos feel from what i gather.
I enjoy it A LOT, word to the wise though it does get pretty gory

View PostAbramelin, on 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I don't think I am allowed to post the video itself, but you might want to enter this in YouTube search:

H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon: Book of the Dead (1993)
Thanks for posting this Im a HUGE fan of LOVECRAFT.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#284    Infinite Playlist

Infinite Playlist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• "I came here to kick ass and chew gum... And I'm all outta gum."

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Event Horizon... I love the movie, but it's quite a bit disturbing. Intriguing, but disturbing.

It's all in your face, I see you break...
It's like the sound of winter.
The bleeding love, the silent escape...
You've got to hang on to yourself...
It's like the sound of winter.

#285    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Nobody else thought Communion was disturbing lol when I first saw that movie I was FREAKED OUT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users