Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giants and history...

Richdog

I was reading this crypto thread with interest... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=38986&hl=

It seems most of the major mammal groups at one time had a mega-sized ancestor... we're talking huge guinea pigs, giant wolves, mega-deer etc etc.

Giant skeletons and tools have also been found...

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon/1345/giants.html

http://www.theaaca.com/membersbios/bio_cain4.htm

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon...5/kentucky.html

http://biblefacts.org/myth/giant.html

Actual giant footprints embedded in rock have also been found... http://www.burlingtonnews.net/giantsb.html and here http://www.internetezy.com.au/~mj129/stone_age_titans.html

Please ignore the fact one of those sites is a religious one, as it echoes things the non-religious sites say, and you know i'm not a believer. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic, not given to believing anything and everything. But surely if at one time in the world giant mammals existed... is it not perfectly feasible that giant humanoids once did too in ancient times?

We know as far as what... 10'000 years back... less? People were around for a hella long time before that and if the atmosphere was so different in ancient times that it could support a multitude of giant mammals before they dies... could some species of humanoid also have been and died? After all we have just found that a race of miniature hobbits once existed, with brains 1/3 the size of ours, yet extraordinarily well-developed http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3209/01-ask.html so why not the other end of the spectrum?

The more I read about it the more fascinated I am about it...

Edited by Richdog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJ_Quinn

• marduk

• The Roswell Man

• dragonlady_mothman

I have another thread going on anomolous skulls. There have been burial chmabers supposedly found of giants with dual-rows of teeth, stone axes that no ordinary man today could weild, let alone from before steroids were put in food.

things like that are found, but mainstream science doesnt want to beleive it. Though i suppose if hobbit-sized humans could exist, so could giant-sized.

Here's something that's always interested me. The Cherokee have legends of thier ancestors co-existing with a tribe of giant humans, although say were said to be sub-intelligent and violent..Eventually; it was said that the Cherokees were forced into war with them and drove them from thier territory..

At about the same time frame, The Sioux indians of Minnesota have legends of warlike giant men migrating to thier land from the east. They were such bad neighbors apparently, the Sioux wiped them out completely..

Of course these are legends passed on orally, so I can't really vouch for thier truth..

Ive read about that in one of my Keel books. The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings. He does a section or two on the aforementioned anomlous skulls and legends surrounding them.

Interesting legend about the indians Falco, very interesting. I mean the fact that skeletons have been found is surely worthy of MAJOR investigation... why is nothing done about it?

Because mainstream science is happy beleiving the world is simple and sensible.

I tend to think it's more complex than that..For one thing, there have been numerous hoaxes of these bones so real finds(assuming they are real finds) are viewed with skepticism outright.

Secondly, when they are found they tend to be one-off deals. So how does an archeologist prove that it wasn't just one unusually large human? You may find some possessions with the body; but does that prove an ancient culture or a seperate race? It's a bit hard without evidence of writing or structures or evidence of settlements..

While these things aren't completely ignored by mainstream science there's a bit of a loss as to what to do with them until more is known and a clearer picture emerges. As you know, no real scientist is going to make wild claims without conclusive proof..

I might also add that many of the skeletal finds were reported and written about in a time when journalists were known to completely manufacture strange tales for the sake of reader interest. So there's more doubt for us..

I do hope someday we will be able to say something definitive one way or the other..

Edited by Falco Rex

Could be.

I been reading too much Keel. ^^; im starting to dislike scientists in general.

Well, don't get too caught up in it.. tongue.gif Remember that if we ever get conclusive proof of Giants, Life after death, or even aliens it will be because a scientist found a way to prove it..

No matter what subject we talk about on here; somewhere; somebody is conducting a study on it..

Better to be overly sceptaical then to believe every crazy claim floating around.

Keel seems to have a flat-out dislike of what he calls Type B scientists.

He says there are Type A and Type B scientists. Type A is too bsuy discovering things to be on TV, so Type A, usually something like a college professer, makes his living plargaraising Type A and going on TV talking about things that he really doesnt know about.

Tybe B are the ones that say things cant exist because there is no conclusive proof, that Mothman cant be an unknown creature because we have certain cateloged all the animals on the face of the Earth, especially in habitied areas. -_-

He cited a reference about the ceolocanth. First they said it couldnt be a ceolo because "we all know" they went extinct. Then they said it was "just a matter of time" that we find one because "we all know" they are shallow-water dwellers.

What Keel finds funny is that ceolcanth is actually a deep-water dweller!

I do find the face on mars a bit unbeleiveable. It's a bit convientnat that its part-human, part-cat, BUT has collapsed on one side. Not to mention that we look at the pictures on Earth and poke them with pointy sticks and special equipment to see if it looks the same under different lighting.

How can we do that? the computer can only tell us what it sees and the human brain is programmed to look for faces. If the camera sees something that looks similar to a face and humans are looking for a face, then no matter what way we poke it ON EARTH...it'll look like a face.

I'll beleive without a shadow of a doubt when we get the rovers to take clear, definate pictures of The Face as they float over it about to land on top of it.

Gimme a minute and i'll find that human/cat thing and make a topic on it.

Edited by dragonlady_mothman

Science has the same problems as any profession of course; that being that some people are just a**holes..

However, the type A scientists you mentioned are exactly the kind of scientist I was talking about before..They may not get press time, but hey've given us the world we live in today. And if you don't think that's a good thing take a look at how your great-grandparents had to survive..

As for Keel, intelligence and dedication aside; he is still an author, he can investigate, hypothesize and believe what he writes; but in the end he has to prove nothing. You can take what he wrote or leave it..

Scientists don't have that luxury. They have to be absolutely sure before they can claim something..And of course, sometimes they are wrong too. Everyone is fallible..

Id dislike anyone who claims to know things they dont and makes their living by copying what others have done before them.

It would also be nice if when they discover burial chambers of giant humanoids with horns and dual-rows of teeth if it would get decent airtime, too.

The Jawbone and teeth of a adult modern human man, on the right, compared to that of a male Gigantopithecus, on the left.

The teeth and jaws range from twice to four times the size of "modern man's".

This is from a photo on one of the sites you posted. The size of the jaw is huge, up to 4 times bigger. The Bible talks of Nephilim walking the earth! Maybe here’s the evidence.

Id dislike anyone who claims to know things they dont and makes their living by copying what others have done before them. 

It would also be nice if when they discover burial chambers of giant humanoids with horns and dual-rows of teeth if it would get decent airtime, too.

586803[/snapback]

I've done alot of research on giants. I've read on quite a few sites that when lay people and archeologists do find ancient subterranian civilizations and giants with a double row of teeth, horned human skulls, etc, mainstream science organizations, such as The Smithsonian Institute, cover it up by "losing" the evidence and denying its existence. I can ALMOST understand the gov covering up UFOs, but, why does mainstream science lie about important archeological discoveries??? That really fries me!!

*claps* yes.gif

I return back to, "Mainstream science would like to beleive the world is simple and reasonable."

*claps* yes.gif

I return back to, "Mainstream science would like to beleive the world is simple and reasonable."

586933[/snapback]

Maybe they don't want to rewrite the history books. Or maybe it's a religious thing like science would have to admit that we homo sapien sapiens weren't the only human race and that maybe demons really do exist. The governments got their fingers in EVERYTHING!!!! A person could get real militant! mad.gif

I dont want to start a religion debate, but if God created Homo sapiens, why not a horned cousin?

And every few years, they (are supposed to) refresh the books and buy schools new ones, right? Challenger is in the history books now, and in a few years, so will 9/11. If they are rewriting them anyway to fit new material, why not re-write it to fit the right material?

Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it. Those who fail to learn history correctly...why, they are simply doomed.

~~Andromeda opening

Yes, but now we're assuming god did create Humans here..So your theory consists of using one idea that can't be verified to explain another thing that can't be proven either..

A bit sketchy don't you think?

*edit* I do agree with AncientMyste about one thing though..The Smithsonian is very good at "Misplacing" things when it wants to..

Edited by Falco Rex

Religious belief really don't fit into the question of giants. It doesn't matter who or what created them or if they were 'created' or not. Orthodox science is covering up the discoveries. I believe it's all about power.

Through out history, there have been a few 'privileged' individuals who have kept secrets from the 'less deserving'. I am referring to secret societies and governments. This same mentality is still here today.

How do people get thru all the garbage and lies that are being perpetrated by orthodox science? It's so frustrating. It makes you realize just how powerless a person is. Why do civilians allow this? The answer is apathy. No one, except for a few, cares. People go blindly thru there lives, thinking that the world is exactly how they see it. People don't want to know that our history, our origins are probably wrong. People don't care that high civilization has risen and fallen many times. OK... I'm done. I just get p***ed. I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH about EVERYTHING and I am not allowed! I hate being told what I can and cannot do!!!

I'll get down from my soap box now.......

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is wise to keep and open mind to all theory'sbut scientist seem to wont to put everything in there little box of facts and if something doesn't fit dismis it.

Here's something that's always interested me. The Cherokee have legends of thier ancestors co-existing with a tribe of giant humans, although say were said to be sub-intelligent and violent..Eventually; it was said that the Cherokees were forced into war with them and drove them from thier territory..

At about the same time frame, The Sioux indians of Minnesota have legends of warlike giant men migrating to thier land from the east. They were such bad neighbors apparently, the Sioux wiped them out completely..

Of course these are legends passed on orally, so I can't really vouch for thier truth..

586590[/snapback]

Even the bible describes a race of giants on earth.

The Bible speaks of giants as the offspring of a plot by angels to inbreed with mankind. This first implies that angels had a direct, ongoing relationship with humans as is referred to in Genesis 6:3 when Yhovah says he will end this close association. In Genesis, the flood is pronounced immediately after the giants are mentioned, although not directly referred to as a direct result of the phenomenon of the giants. The verses following this brief mention of giants would seem to indicate that the giants and the flood were seemingly unrelated and are dealt with as such by the pulpit.

The early Catholic Church found it necessary to eliminate the book written by Enoch.The Book of Enoch goes into great detail about the plot by certain angels and that plot's direct relation to the flood. What Enoch relates is a story of deceit, mutant beings out of control, cannibalism, and a decision by Yhovah to end the carnage perpetrated by these mutants which was leading to the decimation of life on Earth. It also shows that though the physical bodies of these mutants were destroyed, their eternal spirits remained intact and are directly connected to the demons encountered by Jesus.

FTR, I am not religious and these biblical references are merely a statement of historical reference as recorded in the bible.

For discussion, could the angels of the bible be beings from a different race and/or planet who's purpose in the earths history is as yet undeterined?

Was it to colonize?

Was it to conduct genetic experiments on our ancestors?

Further reputed evidence of giants from a website,

Australia

Bathurst

In fossil in the 1930's deposits found around Bathurst from a depth of 6 feet below the surface a fossil lower back molae tooth was found. The owner would have been at least 25 ft. tall. Also found were huge stone artifacts -- clubs, pounders, adzes, chisels, knives and hand axes all of tremendous weight, scattered over a wide area weighing from 8 to 25 pounds, implements which only men of tremendous proportions could possibly have made and used. Estimates for the actual size of these men range from 10 to 12 feet tall and over, weighing from 500 to 600 lbs.

Gympie

At Gympie, Queensland, a large fragment of the back portion of a jaw which still possessed the hollow for a missing lower back molar tooth was discovered. The owner of the tooth would have stood at 10 feet tall.

Blue Mountain

In the Megalong Valley in the Blue Mountains NSW, a depression found in ironstone protruding from a creek bank was the deeply impressed print of a large human-like foot. This footprint measures 7 inches across the toes. Had the footprint been complete it would have been at least 2 feet in length, appropriate to a 12 foot human. The largest footprint found on the Blue Mountains must have belonged to a man 20 feet tall!

Mulgoa

A set of 3 huge footprints was discovered near Mulgoa, south of Penrith, N.S.W. The prints, each measuring 2 ft 7 inches across the toes, are 6 ft. apart, indicating the stride of the 12 ft. giant who left them.

Macleay River

Noel Reeves found near Kempsey, N.S.W. monstrous footprints were discovered in sandstone beds on the Upper Macleay River. One print shows toe 4 inches long and the total toe-span is 10 inches suggesting that the owner of the print may have been 17 feet tall.

Aborigine

Aborigine themselves admit in their ancient folklore that this land was inhabited by several groups of men, as well as giants, before they settled here.

Austria

Aymon

Aymon, a member of the Archduke Ferdinand's bodyguard, reportedly stood eleven feet tall. For many years a carved wooden likeness of this giant was preserved in the Castle of Ambras in the Tyrol Alpines.

Battle of Noreia

In 113 B.C., Rome dispatched an army to check the migration of three hundred thousand Cimbri and Teutone warriors, plus their women and children who followed them in leather-covered wagons. Led by Papirius Carbo, the Roman legionnaires engaged these German giants in battle at Noreia in Styria and were annihilated by them.

Josef Winkelmaier

An Austrian named Josef Winkelmaier was exhibited in London on January 10,1887 who claimed a height of eight feet nine inches.

Bavaria

Ænotherus

In his Annals of Bavaria, Aventine writes that a giant named Ænotherus, who threw down whole battalions like mowing grass, fought on the Emperor Charlemagne's side. The huge warrior hailed from Turgan, near the Lake of Constance.

Belgium

Flanders' Giants

In his Origines Antwerpianoe, 1569, and De Gigantomachia, royal physician Johannes Goropius Becanus reports that a youth almost nine feet tall and a woman about ten feet tall lived near his home in Flanders.

Chad

In 1936, two French archaeologists, Lebeuf and Griaule, on an expedition to Chad in North Central Africa, dug up several egg-shaped funeral jars that contained the remains of a gigantic race, along with pieces of their jewelry and their works of art.1 The giants, according to the natives, were called the Saos.

Chile

From account of Captain George Shelvock's 1719 voyage: "M. Frezier gives us an account that the Indians inhabiting the continent to the south of this island (the island of Chiloe, which lies off the coast of Chile, about lat. 42 S. and long. about 72 W of London) are called Chronos, that they go quite naked, and that in the inland part there is a race of men of an extraordinary size, called Cacabues, who, being in amity with the Chronos, have sometimes come with them to the dwellings of the Spaniards at Chiloe. He adds, that he was credibly informed by several who had been eye witnesses, that some were about nine or ten feet high.

China

The Chinese, in whose land archaeologists have found some of the earliest skeletal remains of giants, insist they once had among them some men as much as fifteen feet tall.

Peking Giants

Melchior Nunnez, in his letters from India, vouches for the fact that China grew some giants to that tremendous size. He "speaks of porters who guarded the gates of Peking who were of that immense height; and in a letter dated in 1555, he avers that the emperor of that country entertained and fed five hundred of such men for archers of his guard." George Hakewill, in his Apologie, 1627, issues a similar report

Chang Woo Gow

The Chinese giant Chang Woo Gow showed himself in England in 1865 at the old Egyptian Hall in Piccadilly. A courtly gentleman and able scholar, he was invited to visit the Prince and Princess of Wales. He stood eight feet two inches. He was not the tallest in his family, however, for one sister measured eight feet four inches.

Chinese Colossus

Purchaas, in his Pilgrimes, 1625, says that while he was in China he saw a man who "was cloathed with a tyger's skin, the hayre outward, his armes, head, and legges bare, with a rude pole in his hand; well-shaped, seeming ten palmes or spans long, his hayre hanging on his shoulders."

Cornwall

Cornwall was known as the Land of the Giants. The Cornish giants were a six-toed, six-fingered race, some known to be gentle.

Cormoran and his blind wife Cormelian lived on St Michael's Mount.

Holiburn of Carn Galva protected the people of Morvah and Zennor.

Denbras lived in the Towednack hills.

Myen du lived at Maen Castle near Land's End.

Dynas, a deaf and dumb giant Treryn, lived in the stronghold of Dinas.

Bolster lived in Beacon.

Jack the Tinkeard or Jack of the Hammer, perhaps the original giant-killer, found his fame here.

Antony Payne

By the time the Cornish giant Antony Payne reached his twenty-first birthday he already stood seven feet two inches. After his father, a tenant farmer at Stratton, "attached" him to the house of Sir Beville Granville of Stowe, his landlord, Tony grew two more inches. For all his size and bulk, the witty Payne showed no signs of clumsiness, but awed everyone with his dexterity and very quick reflexes. They also say he had the brains to match the brawn that had thrust him into the role of a mighty man.

Tregoney Giant

While working in a new tin mine at Tregoney-on-Fal, in Cornwall, reports the Annual Register for 1761, a miner discovered a stone coffin on which some unrecognizable characters were inscribed. Inside the ancient eleven-foot-three-inch casket he saw the gigantic skeleton of a man, which, when exposed to the air, crumbled to dust-except for one tooth, which measured two and one-half inches in length.