Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did they move the stones to build the Pyramids

I believe there is a central vertical channel yet undiscovered in the great pyramid that was used to lift the stones from the level of the Nile river up to position. I've never been to Egypt to see for myself but from all I have found the Pyramid is about a half mile from the Nile today and the base of the pyramid is is about 90 feet above the water level.

If a channel was dug from the center of the construction site of the pyramid to where the subterranean room is then the building stoness could be lifted vertically by means available to the builders. It is obvious they knew how to lift stones up to 100 tons and put them in place so lifting heavy stones was something they knew how to do.

A channel thirty feet wide would have accommodated two way traffic from the Nile to the pyramid for barges capable of carrying the heaviest stones in the pyramid. The excavation of such a channel if in rock, which is a presumption on my part, would have yielded only 10% of the stone necessary to build the pyramid. I can say more on this for anyone interested.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• aquatus1

• Dark_Lord

• eygd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first question I would have is how did they lift the stones? There is no evidence they knew anything about pulleys, nor can I think of any means to lift something vertically other than by brute strength, which I do not believe could have been carried out safely for the entire amount of time it took to build the pyramid.

there might be evidence that pulleys were used in the sense of how we use them, but maybe they used something similar...i figure if they were able to create something like that...the concept of some kind of system to leviate the weight could have been used....

brute strength also could have also been a good possibility as well considering _if i am correct_ all the slaves they had to do their work.

ufo's definitely possible too... alien.gif

can't deny that considering the fact that the reason why most pyramids were destroyed were to "uncover' space ships...which allegedly were never found...I don't know how true that statement I made is, I just remembersomeone say ing this to me before in a related discussion;.

hi guys.

no insult intended.

please check the info-there are pictures inside some of the pyramids of them building the pyramids.ramps, etc. it is all known.

hi guys.

no insult intended.

please check the info-there are pictures inside some of the pyramids of them building the pyramids.ramps, etc. it is all known.

630904[/snapback]

Do you have any pics of this. or a link?

The use of slaves and pullys were all used building the pyramids(as have been proven in many programs on tv)i have wondered for years about many of the fasanating features in the great pyramid,who made them ,for what reason and purpose,how did they make them .......there are many thearies out there from many experts but i tend to go on the side of graham hancocks thearies

Check it out HERE this and see what u think

[edit:fixed link]

Edited by Tommy

What about levitating rocks?

The Necronomicon

The Ancient Book of the Dead

And Communication with our Sumerian Ancestors of Earth

This book I believe to be an accurate description of the Spritual Beings, Aliens and Evil Spirits, that our ancient Sumerian Ancestors worshipped and believed in, albeit very strange and lurid, most of the facts are referenced to another more formal site, which I have linked on the fifth part of Necronomicon. Strange Realities........

Written in Ancient Times.....circa 738 A.D., by an Arab who roamed the sacred places....as a nomad....and this is his story.....

This was the book that most influenced Lovecraft and Aleister Crowley, in all thier Majikal Works. This book has been a mystery through the ages, and was kept secret.....for many years. It has influenced many other writers and majikal Adventurers.

The story also puts another light on Our Sumerian Ancestors, as described in the 12th Planet, by Zacheria Sitchen. I will cover a section on this in my other articles. Our Alien Ancestors had some very strange powers indeed. Many of these powers correspond with ley lines, and sigils.....and higher "mind" powers....and Time Travel.

Levitating Rocks

When I was only a youth, traveling alone in the mountains to the East, called MASSHU by the people who live there, I came upon a gray rock carved with three strange symbols. It stood as high as a man, and as wide around as a bull. It was firmly in the ground, and I could not move it. Thinking no more of the carvings, save that they might be the work of a king to mark some Ancient victory over an enemy, I built a fire at its foot to protect me from the from the wolves that wander in that region and went to sleep, for it was night and I was far from my village, being Bet Durrabia.

Bieng about three hours from dawn, in the nineteenth of Shabatu, I was awakened by the howl of a dog, or perhaps a wolf, uncommonly loud and close at hand. The fire had died to its embers, and these red, glowing coals cast a faint, dancing shadow across the stone monument with the three carvings. I began to make haste to build another fire when, at once, the gray rock began to rise slowly into the air, as if it were a dove. I could not move or speak for the fear that seized upon my spine and wrapped cold fingers around my skull. The Dik of Azug-bel-ya was no stranger it seemed to melt into my hands!

Presently, I heard a voice, softly, some distance away and a more practical fear, that the possibility of robbers took hold of me and I rolled behind weeds, trembling. Another voice joined the first, and soon several men in black robes of thieves came together over the place where I was, surrounding the floating rock, of which they did not exhibit in the least fright.

I could see clearly now that the three carvings on the stone monument were glowing, a flame red color, as through the rock were on fire. The figures were murmuring together in prayer or invocation, of which only a few words could be heard, and these in some unknown tongue; though, ANU have mercy on my soul!, these rituals are not unknown to me any longer.

The figures, whose faces I could not see or recognize, began to make wild passes in the air with knives that glinted cold and sharp in the mountain night.

From beneath the floating rock, out of the very ground where it had sat, came rising the tail of a serpent. This serpent was surely larger than any I had ever seen. The thinnest section thereof was fully that of the arms of two men, and as it rose from the earth it was followed by another, although the end of the first was not seen as it seemed to reach down into the very Pit itself.

These were followed by still more, and the ground began to tremble under the pressure of so many of these enormous arms. The chanting of the priests, for I knew them now to be some the servants of some hidden Power, became much louder and nearly hysterical.

This is an interesting theory. It is very likely such a channel actually existed, since ancient sources, including Erodotus, speak of such a channel connecting the alleged burial chambers of Khufu to the Nile (according to Erodotus, the sarcophagus lied on a island within the pyramid sorrounded by the water of the Nile. Actually, this might be the description of the osireion of Ghizah, in which Osiris' coffin (cenotaph) is sorrounded by water. However, pyramids were much closer to the Nile in anciet times, since a huge ramp connected the pyramid temple with the Nile.

This however doesn't solve the mystery connected to pyramid building, but only the transportation of stones. One major problem is however the absence of stones in the Nile river. if they were carried on boats, it's very unlikely no boat could have sunk or stones fallen, although no stones pertaining to the pyramid have ever been found in the Nile.

The use of slaves and pullys were all used building the pyramids(as have been proven in many programs on tv)i have wondered for years about many of the fasanating features in the great pyramid,who made them ,for what reason and purpose,how did they make them .......there are many thearies out there from many experts but i tend to go on the side of graham hancocks thearies

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/try this and see what u think

631044[/snapback]

i think you'll find that graham hancock is a journalist not an egyptologist

he doesn't have any theories of merit at all

and it shows what kind of tv you've been watching cos the way i see it everyone used to believe that they used slaves and now have proven that they didn't

Edited by marduk

Like I said, I have yet to find a single source that has a credible reason to believe the Egyptians made use of the pulley. And I reiterate, brute strength would have been a very poor approach to the building of the Great Pyramid.

Blake says;

"hi guys.

no insult intended.

please check the info-there are pictures inside some of the pyramids of them building the pyramids.ramps, etc. it is all known."

There are no pictures in the three largest pyramids at Giza to which I am limiting my theory because there is specualtion that this particular complex along with the Sphinks is much older from a period preceding the Giza Pyamids. There is just one scrawed identifyer in the Great Pyamid that has been found above the King's chamber in the releaving segments naming Khufu written in red by a suspected workman who laid the stones.

Those pictures found in other places of many people dragging stones up ramps could very well have been later specualtions in ancient times as to how the pyramids got built. We tend to lump all Egyptian history into one history. In fact the Egyptian saga was spread over many lifetimes and thousands of years. I still say someone should investigate the possibility of there being a central vertical shaft within the Great Pyramid. All that has been found lies in a narrow band running north and south through the vastness of the pyramid. There could be much more to be found but Egyptian authorities have a nest egg on the ground with the tourism money being brought in by the mystery of the ancient Egyptians. They protect the mystery and dissallow any futher exploration that they don't do first themselves so they can add to their story, history and the mystery of it all.

I think pulleys and levers are a given, they couldn't have managed without them.

They could contrust precise dimensions, but couldn't imagine a pulley? Very improbable.

Right, so the idea of ripping a hole through the center of the pyramid just in case there is a center shaft is not done out of self-interest?

I don't suppose you would be willing to give the archeologists a little credit for not going at one of the Wonders of the World with dynamite and pick-axes everytime any unsupported idea comes up?

Ideas are all well and good, but don't expect people to spend a ton of money and endanger a national (heck, a global) treasure without a little more support than just a hunch.

631044[/snapback]

and it shows what kind of tv you've been watching cos the way i see it everyone used to believe that they used slaves and now have proven that they didn't

631121[/snapback]

And like all of us ,you have to start some where,unless like one or two i know you are born with every answer to every question

He does have theories ,like all of us have they are only of no merit if you dont believe them,and since know one has the answer who `s to say the rest of the theories flying about have merit,even yours

I think pulleys and levers are a given, they couldn't have managed without them.

They could contrust precise dimensions, but couldn't imagine a pulley? Very improbable.

631199[/snapback]

Pulleys and levers may be basic science to us, but there is no reason to assume ancient cultures had the wealth of knowledge we do. Unless there is evidence that they used pulleys, we cannot, in any way, assume they did. We have evidence of them using levers, but not pulleys.

Similarly, we know the Egyptians had the wheel, and that they used it in chariots. For the longest time, it was assume the Egyptians made a war chariot for battle, as it was simply assumed to be common sense. Today, the idea of a war chariot has been abandoned, because not only was there never a reason to believe it existed in the first place, what we do know of chariot construction would have made them practical for battle.

He does have theories ,like all of us have they are only of no merit if you dont believe them,and since know one has the answer who `s to say the rest of the theories flying about have merit,even yours

631205[/snapback]

The merit of an idea does not arise from a person's belief in them. An idea is merited only if there is credible, objective evidence supporting it. Only if you give every idea the same amount of merit, will you never be able to come up with answers. If, instead, you evaluate the ideas for merit, based on the probability of them occuring, you will be able to claim quite correctly that your idea has the highest likelyhood of being correct.

631044[/snapback]

631121[/snapback]

And like all of us ,you have to start some where,unless like one or two i know you are born with every answer to every question

631205[/snapback]

Graham hancocks one and only theory about egypt is that the site was laid out in 10,500bce

if he can prove that then his assertion that the sphinx is a lion to coincide with the age of leo would have more merit

unfortunatly every piece of evidence he's looked at contradicts that theory

the pyramids were built much later and the the lion hasn't always been used to represent leo

he's a pyramidiot

live with it

thumbsup.gif

he doesn't have thoeries like the rest of us at all

his theories are made up to sell books

for people that don't know any better themselves

He has never studied archaeology

he has never studied egyptology

have you ?

no.gifno.gifno.gif

Right, so the idea of ripping a hole through the center of the pyramid just in case there is a center shaft is not done out of self-interest?

I don't suppose you would be willing to give the archeologists a little credit for not going at one of the Wonders of the World with dynamite and pick-axes everytime any unsupported idea comes up?

Ideas are all well and good, but don't expect people to spend a ton of money and endanger a national (heck, a global) treasure without a little more support than just a hunch.

631203[/snapback]

I don't propose anything that would be destructive to the pyramid. The major destructions have already been accomplished by many treasure seekers over the enterviening years since its creation. If there is a central shaft as I am suggesting it will be found close to the top and also close to all the rooms which by my calculation all line up immediately adjacent to a presumed central construction shaft. The narrow band of known tunnels and rooms is offset 24 feet to the east of the north - south central plane through the pryamid. I think that was done for a reason and the reason I'm suggesting is to make all construction convenient to the central access shaft.

One glaring question is how did they bring the coffin to the King's room, since it was too big to fit through the doors and access ways that have been found? I say it was brought up through the central shaft then manuvoured into position before walling up the King's room.

631203[/snapback]

I don't propose anything that would be destructive to the pyramid. The major destructions have already been accomplished by many treasure seekers over the enterviening years since its creation. If there is a central shaft as I am suggesting it will be found close to the top and also close to all the rooms which by my calculation all line up immediately adjacent to a presumed central construction shaft. The narrow band of known tunnels and rooms is offset 24 feet to the east of the north - south central plane through the pryamid. I think that was done for a reason and the reason I'm suggesting is to make all construction convenient to the central access shaft.

One glaring question is how did they bring the coffin to the King's room, since it was too big to fit through the doors and access ways that have been found? I say it was brought up through the central shaft then manuvoured into position before walling up the King's room.

631351[/snapback]

err ok then

you realise of course that the pyramids were built layer by layer

so the kings chamber was once open to the air

think that gap was big enough to drop the coffin into or are you still theorizing that theres a central chamber

hehehe w00t.gif

I'll grant that it is a possible theory (though I'm still not convinced it is in any way probable), however I still need to hear how these extremely heavy stones were lifted vertically through the shaft using nothing but brute strength. Without the use of pulleys, I might well say it is as close to impossible as one can come. Even with the use of pulleys, the forty ton lintels for the King's chamber are simply far too heavy to lift in this manner.

I'll grant that it is a possible theory (though I'm still not convinced it is in any way probable), however I still need to hear how these extremely heavy stones were lifted vertically through the shaft using nothing but brute strength.  Without the use of pulleys, I might well say it is as close to impossible as one can come.  Even with the use of pulleys, the forty ton lintels for the King's chamber are simply far too heavy to lift in this manner.

631387[/snapback]

why this insistence on finding out about pulleys

thats not the most effective method of moving hewn stone and it never was

The egyptians used levers and fulcrum points to move the blocks slowly up the stepped side of the pyramid

they were built form the outside

it wasn't neccesary to slide each stone up an internal passage

no.gifno.gif