Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WE CAN SEE THE PAST!

Mr.United_Nations

We can see the past through space, if we look at a star the star could allready be dead. but we see the light because its millions of years old going through space. This called time....... time exsist between dimenchons and worlds. We can also vist the future by flying in deep space and then come back 1,000 years later.

It is very possible. people dont belive this because there ither dont belive or dont have anything to do while there governemt is lieing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• joc

• Startraveler

• Mr.Dot

Top Posters In This Topic

We can see the past through space, if we look at a star the star could allready be dead. but we see the light because its millions of years old going through space. This called time....... time exsist between dimenchons and worlds. We can also vist the future by flying in deep space and then come back 1,000 years later.

It is very possible. people dont belive this because there ither dont belive or dont have anything to do while there governemt is lieing.

Time doesn't exist. You can not go back in time because the past is an illusion. When we see the light from a star system what we are seeing is the present. The star in fact may be non-existent but we are seeing the present journey of light. The Earth is as old as the Earth is and yet we experience it in the present. One cannot 'fly' into deep space. At the height of our technological advancement we have not even traversed past our own moon. Think about it.

For that to happen you would need to be able to travel near the speed of light, we're no where near achieving that.

How is the 'governemt' lying? Almost everyone in the world with an understanding of physics knows the basics of what you're talking about. Stop reading conspiracy theories.

Joc is also right. The light we see from distant stars is merely a representation of the past; it only exists in the present.

Time doesn't exist. You can not go back in time because the past is an illusion. When we see the light from a star system what we are seeing is the present. The star in fact may be non-existent but we are seeing the present journey of light. The Earth is as old as the Earth is and yet we experience it in the present. One cannot 'fly' into deep space. At the height of our technological advancement we have not even traversed past our own moon. Think about it.

I don't want to hear about time not existing anymore because time does exist everywhere. Tell me where time does not exist. Tell me why time does not exist. Time does not exist when you have no more time, but time exist. Seconds and hours are a division of time and that time is the rising and setting of the sun. The lunar calendars are not made up. A farmer depends on the harvest and the crops depend on the moon and the moon goes from new to quarter to half to full and back to new in 28 days. The day is from sunrise to the next sunrise. You cannot reach up there and grab the sun and pull it down and say there is no more time. And you cannnot make time not exist by saying there is no time. Time exist for people who want to progress from this point to the next. Time exist for people who want to finish what they start. And when you say the past is an illusion, the present is real and your movement makes the last present the past. When you go from point A to point B, point A does not disappear when you leave it.

Now, it is not possible to reclaim or return to the past when you are alive because it has gone, but your mind is a recorder with a camera and you can replay the past in your mind.

We're actually more advanced than we were when we went to the moon, technologically speaking. So what's the hold-up, already?

Thats pretty much retarded! And he didn't say we can go back in time. And the earth isn't made out of light so what you said makes no sense,

are you trying to say we experience light as a physical reality? If so i would be able to kill you by turning on a flashlight while pointing it at you.

wow i would of never thought of that

it does sorta make sense though

Time doesn't exist.

Your post says it was posted at 902 am on Jun 16th.

I'd assert that time does in fact, exist.

I don't want to hear about time not existing anymore because time does exist everywhere. Tell me where time does not exist. Tell me why time does not exist. Time does not exist when you have no more time, but time exist. Seconds and hours are a division of time and that time is the rising and setting of the sun. The lunar calendars are not made up. A farmer depends on the harvest and the crops depend on the moon and the moon goes from new to quarter to half to full and back to new in 28 days. The day is from sunrise to the next sunrise. You cannot reach up there and grab the sun and pull it down and say there is no more time. And you cannnot make time not exist by saying there is no time. Time exist for people who want to progress from this point to the next. Time exist for people who want to finish what they start. And when you say the past is an illusion, the present is real and your movement makes the last present the past. When you go from point A to point B, point A does not disappear when you leave it.

Now, it is not possible to reclaim or return to the past when you are alive because it has gone, but your mind is a recorder with a camera and you can replay the past in your mind.

The statement "time does not exist" poses a difficult quandary.

Time actually exists only in respect to the fact that it is a man-made construct, a system designed to keep track of things.

Time exists in that respect alone.

So, in a way, you're correct, but in another, you're incorrect.

You see, the confusion manifests in your own argument when you say that time does not exist when you have no time, but time exists (?). Which is it?

In a much more profound sense, time does not exist. There is only the present moment!

Being able to replay the past in your mind is a function of the mind's ability to store information, just as a computer file you create can, and does preserve your actions of the past. That has nothing to do with the principal of time not existing as a real thing. When you're looking at the file again, you're seeing registrations of data placed there before, but you're viewing it strictly in the present moment.

When the OP says, we can see the past by looking at the stars, he is absolutely correct.

However, we're seeing what the state of something that was --perhaps millions or billions of years ago--but in your present moment, much as you can look at your diary (if you have one) and read about yourself 20 years ago, say. You're viewing the you that existed then, but it's in the present moment.

Everytime you read a book, technically, you're looking into the past. When you look at that supernova that's 4000 LY distant, you're doing the same thing. In the now, which is all that really exists anywhere, you're seeing the star's "now" of 4000 years ago. That seeing is your "now". The star's "now", in respect to yours, is much different.

See how wild this is?

Look at a movie, read a book, call up a memory...all of it is in the now.

Time doesn't exist at all in that respect.

It is, essentially a constructed measurement system so we may reference processes and events. It is a useful tool for science, but it is a tool. The tool is a reality, but it is not a tangible in that it doesn't describe something in the moment...which is the only thing that actually exists.

It's a philosophical discussion actually. A great mental exercise!

Sorry all, but the Earth is currently under a forced quarantine and we cant go out to play until we learn to get along!

Sounds logical to me ;)

Your post says it was posted at 902 am on Jun 16th.

I'd assert that time does in fact, exist.

I would assert that the system of measurement that we invented exists, but that time as a tangible entity does not.

You see his post was made at 09:02 on 6-16. But that is merely a designation for something that happened. You're looking at the past, certainly when you read it, but you're seeing it in the present moment, which is all that really exists.

Again, mental gymnastics!

The statement "time does not exist" poses a difficult quandary.

Time actually exists only in respect to the fact that it is a man-made construct, a system designed to keep track of things.

Time exists in that respect alone.

So, in a way, you're correct, but in another, you're incorrect.

You see, the confusion manifests in your own argument when you say that time does not exist when you have no time, but time exists (?). Which is it?

In a much more profound sense, time does not exist. There is only the present moment!

Being able to replay the past in your mind is a function of the mind's ability to store information, just as a computer file you create can, and does preserve your actions of the past. That has nothing to do with the principal of time not existing as a real thing. When you're looking at the file again, you're seeing registrations of data placed there before, but you're viewing it strictly in the present moment.

When the OP says, we can see the past by looking at the stars, he is absolutely correct.

However, we're seeing what the state of something that was --perhaps millions or billions of years ago--but in your present moment, much as you can look at your diary (if you have one) and read about yourself 20 years ago, say. You're viewing the you that existed then, but it's in the present moment.

Everytime you read a book, technically, you're looking into the past. When you look at that supernova that's 4000 LY distant, you're doing the same thing. In the now, which is all that really exists anywhere, you're seeing the star's "now" of 4000 years ago. That seeing is your "now". The star's "now", in respect to yours, is much different.

See how wild this is?

Look at a movie, read a book, call up a memory...all of it is in the now.

Time doesn't exist at all in that respect.

It is, essentially a constructed measurement system so we may reference processes and events. It is a useful tool for science, but it is a tool. The tool is a reality, but it is not a tangible in that it doesn't describe something in the moment...which is the only thing that actually exists.

It's a philosophical discussion actually. A great mental exercise!

Great post MID! :tu:

Firstly, use a spell checker... or read a damn dictionary.

Secondly, just because we see the light from stars does not mean we can see into the past. The light has been traveling through space for many years and finally reached our eyes. That is not seeing the past!

Thirdly, How can you prove that flying into deep space and coming back 1,000 years later means you can visit the future? That is one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard.

And lastly, stop trying to believe so badly that you'll believe anything thrown at you. Yes, I believe the government are twisted in some way but they have nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Sorry all, but the Earth is currently under a forced quarantine and we cant go out to play until we learn to get along!

Sounds logical to me ;)

There may indeed be a good bit of logic in that statement.

After all, most kids recall being told by their parents, "You can't go out and play until you clean your room," or something to that effect.

I think one of the primary reasons that man hasn't advanced in space exploration to a high level yet (i.e., advanced lunar and manned planetary exploration), as well as in other areas of endeavor, is precisely because we still have chores to do--a clean up--so-to-speak--before we can devote our energies and resources to such affairs completely.

I would postulate than any advanced civilization which has attained the ability to conduct interplanetary exploration is devoid of requirements such as we currently have on Earth.

I suspsect that on an alien planet so advanced, there are no ancient religious faction spewing archaic, violent dogma and exercising their will to pose serious threats to the world and to the safety of peoples in various parts of it. I'd also suspect that there are no regions of their world which are rife with political and religious instability, such as we have.

Thus, this advanced world would not have a need to addrerss such lunacy, and could devote more than a small part of its resources to the advancement of technology and science necessary to accomplish expansive exploratory efforts, and all the benefits which are derived from such efforts, without having to worry about lesser beings on their world killing them.

Yes, I think you might be right.

Firstly, use a spell checker... or read a damn dictionary.

Now, let's be nice...

Secondly, just because we see the light from stars does not mean we can see into the past. The light has been traveling through space for many years and finally reached our eyes. That is not seeing the past!

As I said, you are seeing the light in thge now, but in a sense, you are indeed seeing the past...the past of that star, how it was a long time ago. You've got to realize that the now of the star in question is not what you're seeing when you look at its light. You're seeing its then.

We're just seeing it in the now.

It's not a cut-and-dried thing. Rather a brain twister, huh?

Thirdly, How can you prove that flying into deep space and coming back 1,000 years later means you can visit the future? That is one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard.

I believe, in his way, he is referring to the Special Theory of Relativity and the idea that clocks slow down significantly at substantial fractions of the speed of light. A journey of 1000 years earth time, round trip, at a very substantial fraction of the speed of light (let's say 99.99999%c), would find the traveler returning to Earth 1000 years later (Earth time), but, according to the theory, only having aged about 3 months (ship's time).

Thus, if you think about it, such travel would indeed be traveling into the future for the traveler, as he'd arrive back home after such a journey at such speeds 1000 years later on Earth, but he, as the traveler, would only have aged 3 months. Everyone he knew when he left would be dead for centuries, and the world he came home to would be 1000 years advanced into the future.

I know it sounds rather far-fetched, but that's precisely what Special Relativity states.

I know it sounds rather far-fetched, but that's precisely what Special Relativity states.

Yes, well...since we are unable to even travel at speeds of 50,000 miles per hour...much less the speed of light...it is a moot point.

But interesting nonetheless.

Yes, well...since we are unable to even travel at speeds of 50,000 miles per hour...much less the speed of light...it is a moot point.

But interesting nonetheless.

Correct.

Indeed, we've only gone half that fast with a manned spacecraft...we're aways off from relativistic speeds.

Great post MID! :tu:

Thanks, joc!

:tu:

Correct.

Indeed, we've only gone half that fast with a manned spacecraft...we're aways off from relativistic speeds.

I don't even think it is possible for the human mind to grasp such speeds...consider also that the Voyager obtained speeds of over a million miles per hour with the help of solar winds...and yet....a million miles per hour is nothing compared to the speed of light.

One million miles per hour = 1,000,000 mph

Light speed (286,200 miles per second) = 1,030,320,000 mph

One billion miles an hour....the nearest star is 4.5 light years away....40,643,033,020,000 miles

StarTrek is an amazing show...but it just doesn't even come close to ever being reality.

And how advanced would an alien society have to be in order to achieve light speed? I would say they would have to be.....God.....

That's like suggesting that since wherever one goes is "here" then no other place exists. "Here" and "now" are not absolutes.

It is, essentially a constructed measurement system so we may reference processes and events.

It's no different than tick marks on a ruler (which can themselves be used in principle to measure time). Is the concept of space merely a constructed measurement system?

I don't even think it is possible for the human mind to grasp such speeds...consider also that the Voyager obtained speeds of over a million miles per hour with the help of solar winds...and yet....a million miles per hour is nothing compared to the speed of light. . . StarTrek is an amazing show...but it just doesn't even come close to ever being reality.

You're moving that fast right now. Not from the point of view of your own rest frame, of course, but you're never moving from the point of view of your own rest frame. But certainly a frame exists in which at this very moment you're moving at a velocity not far from that of light. Ask a muon.

That's like suggesting that since wherever one goes is "here" then no other place exists. "Here" and "now" are not absolutes.

It's no different than tick marks on a ruler (which can themselves be used in principle to measure time). Is the concept of space merely a constructed measurement system?

Where are you? Is it possible for you to be anywhere else? Where? Go there. Now where are you? Where ever you go...there you are.

All concepts are just that...concepts...they are mental perceptions. Now is. Any other 'time' isn't. It is always now. Tic markers record perceptions of memory of now...now is like a flowing stream...it never is where it appears to be...it just is.

And how advanced would an alien society have to be in order to achieve light speed? I would say they would have to be.....God.....

Might seem that way...indeed.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistingushable form magic."

You're playing semantic games that shed no light on physical reality, joc. More than that, they don't necessarily even hold up. A quantum particle exists in a superposition of position eigenstates. It's "here" and "there" and "there" . . .

Edited by Startraveler

You're playing semantic games that shed no light on physical reality, joc. More than that, they don't necessarily even hold up. A quantum particle exists in a superposition of position eigenstates. It's "here" and "there" and "there" . . .

I'm not playing any games...semantic or otherwise. Physical reality is an exclusively mental phenomena. How can anything be anywhere except where it is...if it is 'there', then the 'there' is where it is now. It is always where it is Now. When are you reading this post? Now? Can you ever read it any time other than Now? You might say that you will read it tomorrow. But tomorrow when you are reading it...is it really tomorrow...or is it Now? It is always Now. Therefore time doesn't exist. The illusion of time passing is created by our minds in order to conceptualize Now. Everything has Now as a primary base. All time is based upon what is Now. But 5 minutes ago from Now doesn't exist...if it does then go back 5 minutes and change this post.

Edited by joc