Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

looking 4 guidance with developing abilities

Katielou

Hi everyone,

I've always felt I had some spiritual abilities and have recently been trying to develop them. I'm a little shy of trying to read someone incase it really is my imagination running wild! I've been trying to connect with my spirit guide via meditation and think I have seen them. Also some strange things have been happening at home and I get thoughts of explanation as to the goings on, who/why etc. What I wonder is if anyone hear gets any thoughts on reading this that they may be able to confirm what I believe to help me know I'm not crazy?

Don't know if this is possible but thought was worth a shot! Thanks in advance to anyone who may help. If you need more details please let me know.

Here's my advice. Be scrupulous about checking the information you get with actual facts, when you can, to make sure you're not fooling yourself, so you can do a course correction if necessary and learn more about your skills and how it works. And here's the other thing, determine how you would like to use these skills. I'm certain this kind of phenomena exists, but whether it has any value to you or others depends on how you choose to use them. I would encourage anyone to use them for the greater good, to help heal, otherwise, for me, it has little value, other than being kind of fun. It's what we DO with our talents & skills that count.

• Like 1

Thanks beany. That's exactly what I'm trying to do its very difficult lol! And I totally agree with you, if I did have any ability I would like to use it to help people definatley! People who have passed who have messages to communicate and vice versa.

Hi there Katielou,

This is a very exciting field you've chosen to strengthen, as not everyone has the same desire, and once your abilities are stronger, this is something that truly sets you apart from many other people. I however do believe that everyone has the ability to tap into their own potential; it's simply a matter of strengthening those muscles.

The best advice I can give you when starting is to read. Read as much as you can about all you can on the subjects that pertain to you and what you want to work with. Get as much information into your mind as you can, the more you know, the more you'll have to work from. As Beany also posted, fact-check. Check as much as you can and dig as far as you can into what it is you're doing.

Aside from that, in the early stages of developing a skill, the most important thing to do is trust yourself. When I was first beginning to study the concept of Astrial Projection, I would go to my mentor and say the same thing "How do I know this isn't all just my own imagination?" She would inform me to keep practicing and setting up small tests for myself. By testing myself I was able to differentiate the true reality from imagination and trust my abilities even more.

You have it in you already, just trust it and the experiences that can follow are amazing!

While reading about it, and looking up facts about it, will increase your knowledge in this 'subject', nothing really beats practice. Although I've noticed that practicing one ability definitely helps with the others. Practicing psychokinesis, for example will somehow 'enhance' telepathy and clairvoyance, although I'm not sure if this applies to everybody. Also, in my opinion, psychokinesis is the most fun and produces much more tangible results.

I believe that all of it has to do with your belief of these abilities, and this is the most likely cause of skeptics remaining skeptics, and thus slowing the progress of the knowledge and testing of these abilities in the scientific community. These abilities are cited by many scientists to be "anomalous" due to their apparent evidence in the lab under controlled circumstances, and general failure to produce replicable results in such circumstances... I believe I am going on about something that is not relevant to this thread, so I will just stop here. this is my attempt at trying to sound like an intelligent person. is it werking guize?

I commend you for taking up this rare path,

At first, i thought that maybe i was wrong, but then the one time i accidentally levitated one day, my doubts faded, now im working tirelessly to do it again, rest assure you are not crazy, but others might condemn you to get you off of this path, you shouldn't go out shouting that you have an ability but you cant remember how to do it. then you will be deemed crazy, but don't worry you're not crazy