Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man in China claims to live only on water

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 11 September 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Technically it is possible to live without ever "eating" anything other than water. There are IV solutions that are given to comatose patients who arne't consious to eat that keeps them alive. But actually living on water and water alone... impossible unless that water has some kind of caloric content..
That's why it's called "solutions", not "water"

Oh wait, no one mentioned the 15kg of water a day. Guess he has to piss every hour?

Isn't there some people claim that they don't need to eat or drink but they can spiritually absorb the energy of the nature around?

#47    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,027 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 11 September 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Wish they included a photo of this man, he must be a skeleton.
There's a photo of him in this article -

http://www.odditycen.../tag/ning-xuefa

It seems to tell a different story too -

He told Chinese media that he completely renounced food when he was just a 10-year-old child.

So.......he was eating food until the age of ten.

Posted Image

#48    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,577 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

I bet if we lock him up in a cell with only water he'd turn into a skeleton after a month.

#49    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 11 September 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Isn't there some people claim that they don't need to eat or drink but they can spiritually absorb the energy of the nature around?
Yes there are. They'd have to be very highly evolved spiritually to do that, so I bet there are only a handful of people who can do it. I would guess people who can do it don't go shouting about it.

View PostStill Waters, on 11 September 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

There's a photo of him in this article -

http://www.odditycen.../tag/ning-xuefa

It seems to tell a different story too -

He told Chinese media that he completely renounced food when he was just a 10-year-old child.

So.......he was eating food until the age of ten.

Hmm, well he certainly isn't a skeleton, is he?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#50    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,101 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

depends on his water source. The water could be full of microorganisms and thats how he is getting some protein and other things. But I highly doubt it.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#51    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Either this story is nonsense, or he is has some deep psychological issues...

#52    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ok from that above link (my bold)

"The closest thing to food that doesn’t make Ning Xuefa sick is milk, but his family is too poor to buy milk for him every day. So the thirsty young man is forced to survive on water alone."

Soooo reading between the lines, he sometimes drinks milk, not every day mind, since his family are too poor (fair enough) but if say, you drank milk every 3rd day or so, I reckon it would be enough to keep you alive.

#53    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostSunny Day, on 12 September 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Ok from that above link (my bold)

"The closest thing to food that doesn’t make Ning Xuefa sick is milk, but his family is too poor to buy milk for him every day. So the thirsty young man is forced to survive on water alone."

Soooo reading between the lines, he sometimes drinks milk, not every day mind, since his family are too poor (fair enough) but if say, you drank milk every 3rd day or so, I reckon it would be enough to keep you alive.
maybe if he just laid down all day and he probably would be crazy sick all his life, from the picture he looks pretty healthy.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#54    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Irish Hunger Strike of 1981
In 1981, members of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) imprisoned in England went on a hunger strike to protest their incarceration. Former IRA commanding officer Bobby Sands was actually elected into the British House of Commons while striking, helping to raise awareness for their cause.
British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher refused to bend, however. The prisoners drank small amounts of water, but refused food altogether. Sands died from starvation in a prison hospital on the 66th day of the strike. Thatcher remained steadfast and called Sands a criminal and his death a suicide. Nine more prisoners died from starvation after Sands. Thomas McElwee lasted the longest, at 73 total days -- a full week longer than the next closest prisoner [source: irishhungerstrike.com].

#55    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 12 September 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

maybe if he just laid down all day and he probably would be crazy sick all his life, from the picture he looks pretty healthy.

Ah yes, but the picture dosen't show his body.  The article says he is 1.5m and 40kg.  That's pretty slim.  Also goes on to say

"He tried to get a job in construction to help out his parents, but his weak body, frail constitution and the constant need to go to the bathroom even at night eventually got him fired. Ning had to return home and depend on his family for help"

(the funny thing is I have to click on the comments section to read this lower part of the article - comes right after the pic of him - hmmm)

Oh, pallidin, that is a sad part of history right there... :no:   Not good

#56    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

The Chinese word for "water" and "beer" must be the same.

#57    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Impossibru!

#58    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,598 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

I call bullpockies on it as well.

I recall reading a similar story of a woman who claimed to live off of nothing but pure water and air; she even went so far as to claim that the evil food industry had us all fooled into believing we need food to live
so a group of researcher decided to study her. Not surprisingly after a few days she started getting sick and claimed it was polluted air so they moved her to a new place with clean air and she continued to deteriorate.

She then casually admitted to sneaking a mouthful of cake or whatever to satiate some sort of food "orgasm" or whatever blarney she was peddling.

We are all biological beings and regardless of the baloney that many "esoteric" religions love to peddle, we are not exempt from its rules for maintenance...

Here's a test, take a newborn animal and put it in a cage and refuse to feed it anything meanwhile explaining that it doesn't need food and water because it only thinks it does and see how far it gets...

#59    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,039 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostArpee, on 11 September 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

Correct. Impossible in terms of known science. It's possible that our understanding could be inaccurate. Some so called "scientific" people are so closed-minded.
Correct. It is possible your understanding could be inaccurate.
Some "open minded" people are so gullible.

#60    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Does he plan on reproducing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users