Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama says "No more ground troops to Syria"

acidhead

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0XL0ZE

April 25, 2016

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama announced on Monday the biggest expansion of U.S. ground troops in Syria since its civil war began, but the move was unlikely to mollify Arab allies angry over Washington's cautious approach to the conflict.

• Like 1

I love the breathtaking arrogance of the man in claiming, or at the very least making it sound as if, the "string of victories" and "the gains made in the fight against So-Called Islamic State" are entirely due to him. Not a single mention that the hated tyrant Putin, or the Syrians (also with the help of Iran), might have played at least some small part.

The deployment of up to 250 Special Forces soldiers increases U.S. forces in Syria roughly sixfold and is aimed at helping militia fighters who have clawed back territory from Islamic State militants in a string of victories.

In announcing the deployment, Obama emphasized the importance of sustaining the gains made in the fight against Islamic State, although he cautioned that the U.S. forces would not be spearheading the battle.
Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 2

I love the breathtaking arrogance of the man in claiming, or at the very least making it sound as if, the "string of victories" and "the gains made in the fight against So-Called Islamic State" are entirely due to him. Not a single mention that the hated tyrant Putin, or the Syrians (also with the help of Iran), might have played at least some small part.

The deployment of up to 250 Special Forces soldiers increases U.S. forces in Syria roughly sixfold and is aimed at helping militia fighters who have clawed back territory from Islamic State militants in a string of victories.

In announcing the deployment, Obama emphasized the importance of sustaining the gains made in the fight against Islamic State, although he cautioned that the U.S. forces would not be spearheading the battle.

Text book narcissist. His arrogance knows NO bounds. The man actually seems to believe that HE knows better than anyone else, experts of many years included, how to solve problems. His analog on the Right is D Trump.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

obama-biden-facepalm.jpg Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Text book narcissist. His arrogance knows NO bounds. The man actually seems to believe that HE knows better than anyone else, experts of many years included, how to solve problems. His analog on the Right is D Trump.

I forget where I heard this from exactly but experts were seriously questioning if whether or not there's something wrong with him mentally.

• Like 1

obama-biden-facepalm.jpg

it's things like this , that men like Alex Jones go off about these people. I get why he does so. it's sickening and makes people furious because they get away with so much.

• Like 1

I forget where I heard this from exactly but experts were seriously questioning if whether or not there's something wrong with him mentally.

The West has lost any sense of rationality in the Syrian conflict, I'm afraid. Since 2011, U.S. politicians were all for removing Assad and planting a ''moderate'' rebel governement at all cost. Really, that's an insane policy if you think about it now. This sheer obstinacy of backing rebel forces is what actually led to the rise of groups like ISIS who simply took advantage of the power vacuum left by the forced retreat of the Syrian governement. We must thank Russia for jumping it and prevent further disasters. They have accomplished more in 6 months by supporting the Syrian Armed Forces than Western countries in the last 3 years.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

@ TruthSeeker_

I heard that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, discovered before we knew (((what we now know ))) --- that the administration was providing arms for Syria (via Libya). -- It was said that when Netanyahu voiced his objection, the arms supply stopped, and that enraged the al-Qaeda-connected terrorists to attack the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

ETA- removed some information because i really don't know all that is going on with it all. I read a lot of what's said but, I don't know...

Edited by Ellapennella

@ TruthSeeker_

I heard that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, discovered before we knew (((what we now know ))) --- that the administration was providing arms for Syria (via Libya). -- It was said that when Netanyahu voiced his objection, the arms supply stopped, and that enraged the al-Qaeda-connected terrorists to attack the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

ETA- removed some information because i really don't know all that is going on with it all. I read a lot of what's said but, I don't know...

I don't think so, Israel admited it was helping the rebels too.

http://www.globalres...n-syria/5464484

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

I don't think so, Israel admited it was helping the rebels too.

http://www.globalres...n-syria/5464484

"Ya’alon said of the Israeli medical aid to the Syrian rebels,"

Misleading comment, yeah?

They give humanitarian aid, purely out of altruism, to one lot of terrorists, while at the same time continuing to wreak their perpetual vengeance on the other, so much worse terrorists (the Palestinians). Doesn't it make you wonder?

They give humanitarian aid, purely out of altruism, to one lot of terrorists, while at the same time continuing to wreak their perpetual vengeance on the other, so much worse terrorists (the Palestinians). Doesn't it make you wonder?

They have been allies of the Druze for many years. I have no idea what Israel's part in the Syrian debacle is but when someone posts a misleading statement, then explaining it a bit for those who won't be bothered to read the link seems fair enough. This business in Syria has the potential to flash over into something much more dangerous, even global. As to the Palestinians and their treatment, that is a tit for tat and has been for years. They have never accepted the existence of a Jewish state in Palestine and apparently after 68 years do not ever plan to do so. The situation in Syria is relatively new and must be managed so that a hot war is avoided, if possible.

They have been allies of the Druze for many years. I have no idea what Israel's part in the Syrian debacle is but when someone posts a misleading statement, then explaining it a bit for those who won't be bothered to read the link seems fair enough

Do you really believe that Israel has only provided medical aid to the rebels? I wouldn't be surprised at all if fighters go back to Syria with Israeli-made weapons.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

Do you really believe that Israel has only provided medical aid to the rebels? I wouldn't be surprised at all if fighters go back to Syria with Israeli-made weapons.

I have no idea what Israel supplied except the medical aid they've admitted to. If you have proof of other aid then present it, fair enough? Or are assumptions suficient to indict a nation these days?

have you heard of "providing aid and comfort to the enemy"? That surely is what Israel has been doing in anyone's book. If they interned the terrorists after giving them treatment, they might have an argument.

• Like 1

have you heard of "providing aid and comfort to the enemy"? That surely is what Israel has been doing in anyone's book. If they interned the terrorists after giving them treatment, they might have an argument.

And? They ride the back of beast in that neighborhood. ANY of their neighbors - or all at once - could decide to attack. Not likely, I know, but possible. They have supported the Druze of Syria because of the ties with the Israeli Druze. They are acting honorably IMO. Yesterday a top Hizballah commander died in an explosion of unknown origin. Maybe that was Israel, maybe not. I think you can see why it really isn't in Israeli interest to help anyone actually win in Assad's fight? So long as Sunni and Shia are slaughtering each other, they are NOT planning to slaughter Israelis.

On the Druze: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-adelman/the-druze-of-israel-hope-_b_8265050.html