Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman sobs during TSA pat down

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/16/woman-sobs-over-tsa-patdown_n_1428975.html?ir=Travel

I applied for a job with the TSA,part time,while trying to get my acupuncture practice going.

I would have ended up at Kennedy Airport.

I took the tests,and had my interview. One incident at the office,made me change my mind,despite needing the money very badly.

They are truly ,a bunch of buffoons.

Especially at Kennedy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Sakari

• TK0001

• sam12six

i agree the TSA does go wayyy too far

but that being said, if all u have to do is cry to "skip" being searched, i could smuggle anything onto a plane... eitherway, its a stick situation :huh:

I think they go too far. I bet people avoid flying to the US because of their tactics. But 9/11 gave us the Patriot Act.

TSA Confiscates 4 Guns a Day

The Transportation Security Administration said it picked up 1,306 guns at airport checkpoints last year.

That’s four guns a day. And that doesn’t include the spear guns and bombs.

Last week alone the TSA confiscated a live mortar bomb, heavy duty firecrackers, three stun guns, signal flares and a jar of dead snakes. Two weeks ago, TSA agents found, yes, a spear gun and 24 loaded firearms in passenger luggage....................................

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/tsa-confiscates-4-guns-a-day/

TSA Confiscates More Than 1,000 Guns From Airplane Passengers in 2011

Transportation Security Administration officers have confiscated more than 1,000 guns that were discovered by security personnel as passengers traveled through airport security screenings so far this year, the head of the TSA said.

“More than 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks, people are still trying to bring deadly weapons into the cabin of an airplane,” TSA administrator John Pistole said at George Washington University’s Homeland Security Policy Institute.

“On Tuesday, just two days ago, we detected nine guns passengers had in their carry-on bags at various checkpoints around the country.” Pistole said.

Pistole showed several slides of drugs and weapons that passengers were attempting to bring or smuggle on board aircraft.............................

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/tsa-confiscates-more-than-1000-guns-from-airplane-passengers-in-2011/

TSA often seizes weapons at BWI

Cattle prod, pistols, meat cleaver and switchblades among the haul from security checkpoints

• 69405872.jpg

(Amy Davis, Baltimore Sun)April 15, 2012|By Candus Thomson, The Baltimore SunAmong the knives, real and toy pistols, and other dangerous weapons seized at BWI Marshall Airport, this one stood out: A curving 7-inch arc of jagged teeth with a brass knuckle-style grip.

A blogger for the Transportation Security Administration coined the nickname "debrainer" as he enshrined the nasty-looking utensil in the TSA's informal hall of fame...............................

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-15/business/bs-bz-bwi-contraband-20120415_1_tsa-officers-security-checkpoints

never-forget-that-day.gif

tsa01.JPG

- post removed -

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. I know cops, am good friends with some, and I can't say I've ever seen the slightest bit of anything that you've mentioned in them. Most cops are good, and deserve respect. Don't generalize people because it makes you sound ignorant, to put it nicely (like an idiot, to be honest).

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. I know cops, am good friends with some, and I can't say I've ever seen the slightest bit of anything that you've mentioned in them. Most cops are good, and deserve respect. Don't generalize people because it makes you sound ignorant, to put it nicely (like an idiot, to be honest).

We can all only speak from our own experiences, but all the cops I have ever known well enough to talk about it became cops by default. They didn't know what to do with their lives, so they hit the military after they finished high school. After the military, still not knowing what to do with their lives, they applied for the job that paid the most for their qualifications - police officer.

In my life, I've met exactly ONE person whose actual life's goal was to be in law enforcement (and that person wanted to be a Fed). Colorado's post might have been a little harshly worded, but it's probably not completely off the mark...

We can all only speak from our own experiences, but all the cops I have ever known well enough to talk about it became cops by default. They didn't know what to do with their lives, so they hit the military after they finished high school. After the military, still not knowing what to do with their lives, they applied for the job that paid the most for their qualifications - police officer.

In my life, I've met exactly ONE person whose actual life's goal was to be in law enforcement (and that person wanted to be a Fed). Colorado's post might have been a little harshly worded, but it's probably not completely off the mark...

Whatever the reasoning is for becoming a cop is irrelevant, they still protect people, no matter how corny that sounds. Most people don't amount to what they dream of being. Law enforcement is just another field of work.

Did they confiscate these guns and bombs by squeezing peoples' junk?

They never squeezed anyone's " junk ".......

I really should not get into this again........

Reads own signature.

The Transportation Security Administration said it picked up 1,306 guns at airport checkpoints last year.

Last week alone the TSA confiscated a live mortar bomb, heavy duty firecrackers, three stun guns, signal flares and a jar of dead snakes. Two weeks ago, TSA agents found, yes, a spear gun and 24 loaded firearms in passenger luggage....................................

Transportation Security Administration officers have confiscated more than 1,000 guns that were discovered by security personnel as passengers traveled through airport security screenings so far this year, the head of the TSA said.

“More than 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks, people are still trying to bring deadly weapons into the cabin of an airplane,” TSA administrator John Pistole said at George Washington University’s Homeland Security Policy Institute.

“On Tuesday, just two days ago, we detected nine guns passengers had in their carry-on bags at various checkpoints around the country.” Pistole said.

Pistole showed several slides of drugs and weapons that passengers were attempting to bring or smuggle on board aircraft.............................

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/tsa-confiscates-more-than-1000-guns-from-airplane-passengers-in-2011/

Cattle prod, pistols, meat cleaver and switchblades among the haul from security checkpoints

• 69405872.jpg

(Amy Davis, Baltimore Sun)April 15, 2012|By Candus Thomson, The Baltimore SunAmong the knives, real and toy pistols, and other dangerous weapons seized at BWI Marshall Airport, this one stood out: A curving 7-inch arc of jagged teeth with a brass knuckle-style grip.

A blogger for the Transportation Security Administration coined the nickname "debrainer" as he enshrined the nasty-looking utensil in the TSA's informal hall of fame...............................

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-15/business/bs-bz-bwi-contraband-20120415_1_tsa-officers-security-checkpoints

tsa01.JPG

A bit overglorified... I take it you support the actions of the tsa...

- post removed -

Colorado, I gotta say I am surprised that you said this......Out of 9 Law Enforcement people I know, 7 are ex-Military.....All 7 in live combat in the first Iraq War.....

They all have in one way or another saved someones life......My Ex's Uncle ( great guy ) flew a Apache, and now flies for the San Diego Police Department, getting druggies off the streets, and other thugs.....

ouch man.......... :blush:

Can't all ways agree, that would be no fun :)

Still like ya bro ;)

Whatever the reasoning is for becoming a cop is irrelevant, they still protect people, no matter how corny that sounds. Most people don't amount to what they dream of being. Law enforcement is just another field of work.

I disagree somewhat with that view (unless you count the deterrent effect of their sheer presence). I believe the job was once to maintain peace and has evolved into collecting revenue for the government.

They never squeezed anyone's " junk ".......

I really should not get into this again........

Reads own signature.

Well, you posted examples of TSA seizing dangerous things. I'm making an assumption, but it seems that you did so to support the idea that TSA methods are working. If they confiscated these dangerous things by squeezing peoples' junk, making them take their shoes off, or pouring out liquids, you've definitely got a point.

If, on the other hand, they confiscated these dangerous things using the same methods that would have found them pre-9/11 (metal detectors on people and xrays of bags), to me that would argue that their added intrusive activities are pointless.

I disagree somewhat with that view (unless you count the deterrent effect of their sheer presence). I believe the job was once to maintain peace and has evolved into collecting revenue for the government.

Well, you posted examples of TSA seizing dangerous things. I'm making an assumption, but it seems that you did so to support the idea that TSA methods are working. If they confiscated these dangerous things by squeezing peoples' junk, making them take their shoes off, or pouring out liquids, you've definitely got a point.

If, on the other hand, they confiscated these dangerous things using the same methods that would have found them pre-9/11 (metal detectors on people and xrays of bags), to me that would argue that their added intrusive activities are pointless.

:tu: +1

A bit overglorified... I take it you support the actions of the tsa...

Yes I do, is there something wrong with me having my own opinion?

Anyone can have their's also, and I can respect that......

I just wanted to point out that yes, they have and do find " stuff " as many people try to say they do not....

I also just hate the over dramatised 1000 times things like " squeezed someones junk "......But hey, I guess that is also someones opinion, problem is, they do not squeeze someones junk.... :no:

It is really simple, and not being rude.....If you do not like it, do not fly....It is a choice that anyone get's to make.

If you do not mind it, fly all you want, that is a choice anyone get's to make.

Edited by Sakari

• 69405872.jpg

tsa01.JPG

Probably all found on xray.The pat downs are ridiculous.And they are stealing us blind.

They are grossly unprofessional in my opinion.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/tsa-officer-accused-of-stealing-5000-from-jfk-passenger/

And this is just the tip of the iceberg .

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/investigators&id=7447038

Colorado, I gotta say I am surprised that you said this......Out of 9 Law Enforcement people I know, 7 are ex-Military.....All 7 in live combat in the first Iraq War.....

They all have in one way or another saved someones life......My Ex's Uncle ( great guy ) flew a Apache, and now flies for the San Diego Police Department, getting druggies off the streets, and other thugs.....

ouch man.......... :blush:

Can't all ways agree, that would be no fun :)

Still like ya bro ;)

As I said,I was up for a job with them,and turned it down after seeing how they operate.

I was broke,and starving,and still said no way.

This was just before they tried to take the manuscript of the last harry potter from jk rowling.

Yeah,so many people have died by manuscript.Terrible stuff .

Yes I do, is there something wrong with me having my own opinion?

Anyone can have their's also, and I can respect that......

I just wanted to point out that yes, they have and do find " stuff " as many people try to say they do not....

It is really simple, and not being rude.....If you do not like it, do not fly....It is a choice that anyone get's to make.

If you do not mind it, fly all you want, that is a choice anyone get's to make.

I'm sorry sakari. No offense intended. I have stopped flying.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Yup, here is one from the " dreaded " imaging machine people cry about........( below my little rant )

I am really not going to get into this to much, I have a certain person I really do not want to upset, as I may go to Seattle one day and need information on local rock bands to see.

Pistole said the AIT machine had alerted screeners to an anomaly in the ankle area.

No one can say if the TSA has stopped any attacks, or threats, but we can say they are finding dangerous items.That is a fact.....And, we can not, and will not know if any were going to be used for any hijackings, or even attacks on passengers.We can say there have not been any....

I have seen people say " after 9/11 people will not just sit there, they will act out and fight "........Anyone see all of the woosies on the plane where the Pilot went nuts........Not one person helped until he was out cold......

K, I am done :)

- post removed -

Hi CP

I normally agree with things that you post. You usually tend to post intelligent responses to threads and I always enjoy reading them.

However, on this occasion, if you dont mind me saying, you have sunk pretty low. If you knew anything about the work of a police officer you would know that if an officer had a severe inferiority complex he/she would probably not even get through their initial training. Police officers, like military personel, have to make many split second decisions during their career, sometimes lifesaving decisions. Not the sort of thing that a person with an inferiority complex would generally be able to do.

The other thing is, and I speak for the UK, not the USA, the proportion of ex armed service personel who join the police is fairly small. This is only going from personal experience, not from statistics as I have not looked them up.

Now, you may well have had some personal experience of an officer who came across in the manner you suggest, but please, do not tar us all with the same brush as I find that rather offensive. I feel sure that if you just stop and think for a while you may well retract what you have said. On the other hand, you may not lol.

Thank you. :)

edit.....typos :)

Yup, here is one from the " dreaded " imaging machine people cry about........( below my little rant )

I am really not going to get into this to much, I have a certain person I really do not want to upset, as I may go to Seattle one day and need information on local rock bands to see.

Pistole said the AIT machine had alerted screeners to an anomaly in the ankle area.

Fair enough. They have demonstrated that the current methods are more likely to find drugs hidden on a person's body. Now the question is: Do you think anyone cares if other passengers are carrying illegal things that won't do them any harm?

I'm sure those who profit from the war on drugs applaud the idea, but everyone else...

No one can say if the TSA has stopped any attacks, or threats, but we can say they are finding dangerous items.That is a fact.....And, we can not, and will not know if any were going to be used for any hijackings, or even attacks on passengers.We can say there have not been any....

I think you're misunderstanding my point. Unless it can be demonstrated that TSA methodology is catching SIGNIFICANTLY more of this dangerous material than pre-9/11 methods (or other less intrusive but successful methods currently used elsewhere), then the expense of the huge TSA machine can't be justified (and that's before even getting into how much subjecting millions of completely innocent people to being poked and prodded by strangers is worth).

- post removed -

Thank you. :)

- post removed -

Understand 100% now......No worries :tu:

Do you want to be safe or do you want to sook over pat downs? Simple as that.

Inferiority complex for the officers or the people complaining about the security measures? Debatable which is worse...

I would think Americans would appreciate these measures as a whole, am I wrong??

I've been subject to 'random' bomb residue tests or pat downs nearly every time I've flown. Surely people must appreciate the job these people are doing. (I wonder if it's the shaved head ;) )

Would you rather an innocent person have measures imposed on them? Or a terrorist walk onto a plane with a bomb?

(I'm at work so haven't read the whole thread, don't hurt me if I'm regurgitating posts, I don't mind if you pat me down though)

Inferiority complex for the officers or the people complaining about the security measures? Debatable which is worse...

I would think Americans would appreciate these measures as a whole, am I wrong??

I've been subject to 'random' bomb residue tests or pat downs nearly every time I've flown. Surely people must appreciate the job these people are doing. (I wonder if it's the shaved head ;) )

Would you rather an innocent person have measures imposed on them? Or a terrorist walk onto a plane with a bomb?

(I'm at work so haven't read the whole thread, don't hurt me if I'm regurgitating posts, I don't mind if you pat me down though)

Its that black and white? When is it OK to touch little kids privates?

Would you rather a few hundred people die in an airplane or a few thousand in an airport?

The FAA has made entry into the cockpit virtually impossible. So the plane wont be hijacked.

Would you rather have every personal right violated or would you like to defend yourself if the need arise?

Would you rather the terrorist win or would you have your freedoms back? I'm sorry I feel so strongly about this but where does it end? When will people stop being terrorized in the name of security. What is your line not to be crossed?

I do not fly anymore. Most parents should weigh the issue of allowing their kids to fly while the tsa are still involved. How do you say don't let strangers touch you there... well except these strangers cause they want to make sure your safe.

Its that black and white? When is it OK to touch little kids privates?

Would you rather a few hundred people die in an airplane or a few thousand in an airport?

The FAA has made entry into the cockpit virtually impossible. So the plane wont be hijacked.

Would you rather have every personal right violated or would you like to defend yourself if the need arise?

Would you rather the terrorist win or would you have your freedoms back? I'm sorry I feel so strongly about this but where does it end? When will people stop being terrorized in the name of security. What is your line not to be crossed?

I do not fly anymore. Most parents should weigh the issue of allowing their kids to fly while the tsa are still involved. How do you say don't let strangers touch you there... well except these strangers cause they want to make sure your safe.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

And there's the fear that they need to continue. Someone, somewhere could try to sneak a bomb on board, so everyonem including babies and old people, must be subjected to pat downs which are so invasive they include the touching of genitals. Either that, or you can stand in a machine which shoots radiation into your body (machines that are considered too harmful in Europe) and takes a naked picture of you.

Since 9/11, THIS is the best we can do?

If security were privatized, common sense could once again be employed. Profiling could be used again, despite it not being PC. But the government doesn't want that because they want you to be an obedient servant who will freely give up your rights if the state requires it.

Don't fly? Brillliant, I won't. Except what happens when I am told I have be across the country tomorrow for work?

Then its submit to the authority of the state or be jailed and lose your job.

But hey, someone, somewhere might try to smuggle a bomb on board.