Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New MRSA superbug strain found in UK milk

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,101 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

A new strain of MRSA has been found in British milk, indicating that the superbug is spreading through the livestock population and poses a growing threat to human health.

The new strain, MRSA ST398, has been identified in seven samples of bulk milk from five different farms in England.

The discovery, from tests on 1,500 samples, indicates that antibiotic-resistant organisms are gaining an increasing hold in the dairy industry.

http://www.independe...ly-8431187.html

Posted Image

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

this corporate farming is a disgrace. It needs to change.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

The day is going to come when antibiotics won't do us any good because of overuse and as the world becomes more populated we will also be squeezed into more cramped conditions.

There are already diseases that antibiotics aren't helping that they use to.

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

wouldnt be GMO milk would it ?

#5    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Put a frog in it!  hehehe

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#6    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

It all seems to fit into the depopulation plan.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,358 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 26 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

wouldnt be GMO milk would it ?
The conspiracy minded part of me suggests that we're soon going to be told that GM milk will be the solution - "we've discovered a strain of cross-bred cow that can't be infected with MRSA" yadda yadda yadda

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,575 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

All varieties of milk go through a heat process to kill bacteria/ viruses - so would the MRSA still be present after the heating process? i only use sterilised milk anyway due to the fact they It goes through a more severe form of heat treatment, heated to a temperature of between 110-130ºC for approximately 10-30 minutes. hopefully that'll kill any nasties.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#9    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 27 December 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

All varieties of milk go through a heat process to kill bacteria/ viruses - so would the MRSA still be present after the heating process? i only use sterilised milk anyway due to the fact they It goes through a more severe form of heat treatment, heated to a temperature of between 110-130ºC for approximately 10-30 minutes. hopefully that'll kill any nasties.

I cant drink UHT it tasks like muck lol. The heating process destroys most of the nutrients too.

They need to stop using antibotics for everything. It leads to generations of animals and humans which cant fight off disease because natural selection didnt remove the inferior genes from the gene pool. The more dependant animals and humans become on antibotics the more chance for the germs to adapt sending us up the creek without a paddle.

#10    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,575 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 27 December 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I cant drink UHT it tasks like muck lol. The heating process destroys most of the nutrients too.

They need to stop using antibotics for everything. It leads to generations of animals and humans which cant fight off disease because natural selection didnt remove the inferior genes from the gene pool. The more dependant animals and humans become on antibotics the more chance for the germs to adapt sending us up the creek without a paddle.

you're spot on, but its not going to change because of the numbers involved and money in todays farming. i've said it before bacteria and virus are the speed champions of evolution.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#11    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,465 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

It would seem that everytime we come up with an antibiotic to combat a virus,it only lasts a short while then up pops a new "super", virus that the original antibiotic has no value over it,so how long can we continue doing this before virus strains have evolved/ mutated to a degree that they cannot be stopped.Unless the scientists come up with something, the Human Race will  be taken out for good Sooner than later.unless of course a few of us "emigrate" and start again , as this planet is becoming uninhabitable for Humans.

Edited by spud the mackem, 27 December 2012 - 09:07 PM.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#12    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

the problem here is greed from farmers .they dose there livestock with antibiotics as a matter of course to prevent them from becoming ill which can stunt growth or cause the death of a valuble animal .the problem is it them passes immunity to bacteria that can infect humans or pass antibiotics in low doses through the food chain.
we need to stop supplying farmers with antibiotics to save the human population before our only real weapon against bacteria is destroyed by greed.

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,790 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Well, this is a disturbing story.

#14    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Maybe we should start by not putting animal matter into animal feed.

http://www.ehow.com/...stock-feed.html

Every animal based product we eat today increases the chances of of us Humans being wiped out.As disease crosses between species it can mutate into more dangerous strains and combined with their new found immunity to Anti-Biotics,we are sitting on a time bomb.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 28 December 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Every animal based product we eat today increases the chances of of us Humans being wiped out.As disease crosses between species it can mutate into more dangerous strains and combined with their new found immunity to Anti-Biotics,we are sitting on a time bomb.

View Postshaddow134, on 28 December 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Agreed but I'd add that the bomb doesn't have to be manmade.  Nature's been known to throw some pretty devastating things our way too.  The 1918 pandemic flu was an horrific case in point.  If one started today and killed off the same % of people it would cause a global economic breakdown all by itself.  We know from history that these things come around in cycles - and we're due.  It's a nasty way to go as well.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users