Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

kennel club dog owners burglars bite

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

I once meta man with a dog on a street corner and I asked him if his dog bites.  He said, "no"... so I reached down and petted the dog and it bit me.   I said to him, "I thought your dog doesn't bite?"  And he said in a french accent, "It's not my dog".

Edited by acidhead, 05 January 2013 - 07:33 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#47    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 05 January 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

Build a moat with sharks and crocks. Should only take 15 yrs to make that illegal.  Saying that I find 95 percent of pit owners thugs so shot on site oh wait wrong country but does it matter.

If I wa walking a dog of say a tiny cute Yorky should I have to cross the street because a none convicted killer is in front of me.

Ban the bread from of leash areas.

You're a banning kind of guy aren't you..... You ban guns now you ban dogs .... when will ban free speech ?  Or have you done that already?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#48    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,290 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostParacelse, on 05 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

You're a banning kind of guy aren't you..... You ban guns now you ban dogs .... when will ban free speech ?  Or have you done that already?

Don't forget I haven't yet banned putting bombs on people and saying it's the owners fault.  Hope you get what I mean by that ;)

I love shooting guns I really do just not at people, I like dogs not pits but there owner isn't your fav it's not the weapon but the owner the fires it. Well so be it.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#49    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Your gonna throw hamsters at a burglar ? Silly Canadian.

Nah, I'll throw my cat at the thief. May god have mercy on his soul (for the cat wont). :w00t:

#50    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,246 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

The intent of the proposed legislation is NOT to protect a burglar or other miscreant on your property. It is to enforce proper Owner discipline on their dogs where they may well have invited people onto their property to show off their Dogs viciousness. We all know the types - a couple of Rotts or Pits on the end of Titannic sized leads being cajoled into vicious behaviour by low - lifer owners.

Legislation is amended by Case Law, most, but by no means all, Judges would throw out any attempt by a Burglar (or worse) to be compensated for his behaviour.

#51    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,725 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

So they take away firearms and now dogs are not allowed to protect your homes? I hope you Brits have good archery skills (if compound bows are allowed).

#52    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,725 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 05 January 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Don't forget I haven't yet banned putting bombs on people and saying it's the owners fault. Hope you get what I mean by that ;)

Let me relay a little tale I once read involving claymore mines. The protagonist was held up in an orphanage during the dead of winter, with mafia closing in on him. He's unarmed, except for some old claymore mines he had access to, he wasn't even sure if they still worked. So, he orders the kids to build snowmen from the street, up the walkway to the house. He plants a mine in each. When the mafia types approach the house, boom! Problem solved. They had no idea that snowmen...made by children could be extremely deadly. lol

Edited by WoIverine, 07 January 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#53    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostParacelse, on 04 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Heu!!!! France has forbidden attack dogs and owners have to take classes in order to own big dogs and they are held responsible for any attack.  So far none of them have involved burglar's attack but if the case occurs, I'm sure to socialo-commies will pass a similar law.  Few years ago, two illegal chased by the police went into hiding in a electric building that changes high voltage currant into 380 v, and of course they fried.  SOS racism is suing the cops (and might win) for illegal chase.
Since dogs are getting illegal I'm thinking of getting a Maine Coon anyway.Posted ImagePosted Image
Here kitty kitty kitty!
Now thats a cat that would get anydog to have second thoughts about chasing it up a tree,I LOVE cats,Where in this world could I get one that size,Oh MY LORD,I want one so so bad now,bet that cat treats my daughters  little 12 lb shitz-poo like a rat on a rope.

#54    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

What was forbidden, and in more than one European country, is dogs that cannot be controlled by the owner. Some countries actually demand schooling for certain races (i.e. Pitbull).

I agree with that really. It actually makes me really angry when I see some idiot who can't handle their dog. Especially small women with big dogs and the dog is dragging her along.

My Mother had to watch in horror as a big dog ripped a small one to shreds while the owner stood there doing NOTHING because she couldn't handle it.

View Postand then, on 03 January 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

When did British folks stop using common sense?  Or is this just an example of political idiocy being forced on the majority?  As for the treatment of intruders - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Our government is just as stupid as yours. :tu:

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 02 January 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.
I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Hahahahaha, I love this.

Never actually thought of that before. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#55    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Dog owners could face criminal charges if their animals bite burglars under proposals from the Welsh government, the Kennel Club has warned.

A draft bill would make it an offence to have a dangerously out of control dog in the home.

The dog welfare body says owners should have some protection under the law when dogs try to defend the home.

The Welsh government has said it wants to protect people from an increasing number of attacks by dangerous dogs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20891039
What kind of an insane ''law'' is this? Damn, and i thought the world couldn't get any more mad!!!

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#56    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,262 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostCoffey, on 11 January 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I agree with that really. It actually makes me really angry when I see some idiot who can't handle their dog. Especially small women with big dogs and the dog is dragging her along.

I am not 'big' and I have raised several Great Danes.One does not need to overpower a dog to handle it!

A few years ago while stationed in North Africa, our dog started to bark continuously (uncharacteriscally) at 3 am. I went to the garden, chided the dog and brought him indoors. Next morning we discovered that thieves were in the garden and tried to steal the cars. The following week we were informed by the police that they arrested the thieves, who had also robbed and strangled a man in the neighborhood. When I went to the garden the possibility of intruders didn't occur to me because people in that country did not like big dogs and normally avoided them, but I could have been attacked like that poor man.

People have the right to protect their families in their homes. The law should differentiate between intruders on private property, and passers by on a public road.

#57    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,444 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 13 January 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

I am not 'big' and I have raised several Great Danes.One does not need to overpower a dog to handle it!

Everyone knows you have to be bigger than a horse to train one and keep it under control. ;)

Glad you stayed safe in Africa!

#58    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,262 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostMichelle, on 13 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Everyone knows you have to be bigger than a horse to train one and keep it under control. ;)

Glad you stayed safe in Africa!

Thank you Michelle :)

I played 'alpha wolf' and it worked; except they can have a stubborn streak and in that, my last dog won! He was obsessed with the welcome mat, and neither mustard nor even harissa could convince him to leave it at the door. I gave up and resigned myself to a matless door, and having to dig up my wellingtons from under trees everytime I wanted to garden...adorable querky dogs :D

#59    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,444 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 13 January 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Thank you Michelle :)

I played 'alpha wolf' and it worked; except they can have a stubborn streak and in that, my last dog won! He was obsessed with the welcome mat, and neither mustard nor even harissa could convince him to leave it at the door. I gave up and resigned myself to a matless door, and having to dig up my wellingtons from under trees everytime I wanted to garden...adorable querky dogs :D

They all have their own little idiosycrasies that it's almost impossible to break them of. Then you just have to pick your battles. :P

#60    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 02 January 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.
I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Agreed lol, that's the plan most anymore that would need to be implemented if we want to save our families. Ahhh, what the world is coming to...

Edited by shadowx, 14 January 2013 - 07:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users