Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to survive a nuclear fallout

seeder

Might come in handy I guess...

How to survive a nuclear fallout: Experts reveal the basics of living in a world riddled with radiation and the simple way to tell if you've been exposed

In Fallout 4, the only surviving members of the human race are in vaults

American Chemical Society tests challenges of living in such a shelter

Video explains how to produce power, water, and food in a real fallout

Separate research reveals the simple trick to tell if you're in the radiation zone and where to flee to if you don't have a nuclear bunker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3315359/How-survive-nuclear-fallout-Experts-reveal-basics-living-world-riddled-radiation-simple-way-tell-ve-exposed.html#ixzz3rJHaKR2l

• Like 2

To see if you are at risk, when you see a mushroom cloud, hold your arm out and shut one eye and raise your thumb.

If the cloud is bigger than your thumb you are in the radiation zone and need to evacuate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3rJUSu9G5

Great....

See`s mushroom cloud.

The end!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

You put your head between your legs and kiss your **** goodbye.

• Like 5

Might come in handy I guess...

Russia has the 18 megaton SS-18 Satan ICBM. Detonated as an airburst weapon that's complete destruction of all buildings out to a radius of about 25 kilometres and partial destruction for another 25. After that its many broken windows. The firestorm will likely be raging out to 100 kilometres. The vast majority of people within that 100 kilometres will die with the major cause of death being suffocation which arises from the firestorm consuming all the oxygen.

So unless you have an relatively air tight bunker, or are underground, or in a tunnel then you have no chance.

• Like 2

The idea that people are thinking and writing openly about this is disturbing but it doesn't surprise me. Mankind can't seem to resist the generational scourge. THIS time will be the worst.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein

Edited by and then
  • Like 4

World War 3 will involve nuclear destruction, then the Gas Wars, followed by the Water Wars. As the last of the resources are fought over. So you better get your ride ready.

mad-max-fury-road.jpg

• Like 3

China is prepared, building many under ground bunkers, but the US states is not, we have one small cave that has been equipped with supplies. I remember in the fifties telling people to build nuclear bomb shelters in thier homes. and I always wonder how would people protect those shelters.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

To see if you are at risk, when you see a mushroom cloud, hold your arm out and shut one eye and raise your thumb.

If the cloud is bigger than your thumb you are in the radiation zone and need to evacuate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3rJUSu9G5

Great....

See`s mushroom cloud.

The end!

I used the same method for when my ex was p***ed off (constantly)

• Like 2

China is prepared, building many under ground bunkers, but the US states is not, we have one small cave that has been equipped with supplies. I remember in the fifties telling people to build nuclear bomb shelters in thier homes. and I always wonder how would people could protect those shelters.

You think there is only one cave. They won't tell you if there's more. The government doesn't care about the people, only themselves.

• Like 2

I'm too old for the post apocalyptic scene...I'd just walk into the mushroom cloud and be done with it.

You would be surprised. When faced with impending doom the survival instinct has a habbit of overriding every other emotion.

• Like 2

I'm too old for the post apocalyptic scene...I'd just walk into the mushroom cloud and be done with it.

Either you'll be vaporized or turn into a giant green rage monster. Dr. Lilly Banner.

• Like 1

You would be surprised. When faced with impending doom the survival instinct has a habbit of overriding every other emotion.

I imagine that the urge to visit some revenge wrath on the source might kick in too.
  • Like 2

Oh Boy! I'd absolutely love becoming 'The Incredible She-Hulk''! However, I prefer 'hot pink' over green.

In a nuke disaster or bomb etc.... Im sure youd be quite pink, at least in patches

I wont post but do see this iconic image

https://i.ytimg.com/...o/hqdefault.jpg

Her name is: 'Phan Thi Kim Phuc' for those that google

Edited by seeder

In a nuke disaster or bomb etc.... Im sure youd be quite pink, at least in patches

I wont post but do see this iconic image

https://i.ytimg.com/...o/hqdefault.jpg

Her name is: 'Phan Thi Kim Phuc' for those that google

Dare i look?

100 megaton would wipe out a small country!

• Like 1

100 megaton would wipe out a small country!

I cannot help but think this morbid fascination has arisen from the release of Fallout 4.

Its quite a fun game, but takes some fiddling to stop the bugs which will likely remain so for a couple of weeks until they patch them out.

I cannot help but think this morbid fascination has arisen from the release of Fallout 4.

Its quite a fun game, but takes some fiddling to stop the bugs which will likely remain so for a couple of weeks until they patch them out.

I wouldn't know, i dont play video games, i prefer fishing

• Like 1

This thread did it for me and the fact the Russians have said if they lose they will nuke the winner in a real life game of war where people really die. Rarely play video games.
  • Like 1