Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pub with 53 trees 'most Christmassy'

Still Waters

A pub owner believes he has "the most Christmassy pub in England" after spending four days and thousands of pounds festooning it with decorations.

The pub in Ripley, Derbyshire, fittingly named The Angel, has 53 Christmas trees of various sizes.

The largest, which is 22ft (6.7m) tall, cost over £1,000 including decorations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-30233305

• Like 4

Our pub's a bit like that. The more ale I quaff - the more Christmas trees they have!

• Like 7

£1,000 for one tree + decs? I`d rather he put that towards a few rounds, good will drinks and all that merry stuff.

• Like 4

Someone needs to tell him less is more, the amount of tinsel he had everywhere was just plain overwhelming and the mismatched colors ruined the effect of the more expensive wreaths and bells etc he had along his walls.

Oh well, I guess if you drink enough it will look better.

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell him less is more, the amount of tinsel he had everywhere was just plain overwhelming and the mismatched colors ruined the effect of the more expensive wreaths and bells etc he had along his walls.

Oh well, I guess if you drink enough it will look better.

First, I have to say I don't use tinsel... :whistle: We do, however, have childhood, homemade decorations and antiques, from my husband's family and mine, that are very old, worn and sentimental. Depending on the era, they can be God awful colors no one in their right mind would use today. There will never be a "designer look" to our house at Christmas.

• Like 2

First, I have to say I don't use tinsel... :whistle: We do, however, have childhood, homemade decorations and antiques, from my husband's family and mine, that are very old, worn and sentimental. Depending on the era, they can be God awful colors no one in their right mind would use today. There will never be a "designer look" to our house at Christmas.

Actually I have to confess my tree is a multi-colour mess for the same reason. I collect angel ornaments of any and every sort, I have been doing so for over 20 years along with all the ornament shoes, ballerinas, swans, butterflies of any description, bells, musical instruments, santas, teddy bears etc that somehow ended up in my possession as well, so yeah I can't judge too much. But like you I don't use tinsel - there just isn't any room for it.

• Like 3

Some idiot is just gonna get drunk enough to start thinking of a bonfire ~ like those big methane balloons , twice in four years some nut though it a nice thrill to push a ciggie at it and make the squeamish girls squeal and end up wrapped in a burning rubber wrap ~ I've seen more than enough of the merriment go down the wrong end ~

• Like 2