Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Couple capture spooky green figure on camera

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostRealm, on 29 October 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Looks just like a little green man to me. :rolleyes:

Me too. I was thinking Master Yoda but it's just lens flare.

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#17    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Note how the light on the building was cropped out? That's so we wouldn't see it's a vertical light that matches the lens flare it caused.

The witness says it looks like "a little green man running"? It's a vertical line! Use your eyes, not your imagination.

#18    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

She has a fab camera and she takes ****e pics.

Loser.

#19    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postscowl, on 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Note how the light on the building was cropped out? That's so we wouldn't see it's a vertical light that matches the lens flare it caused.

The witness says it looks like "a little green man running"? It's a vertical line! Use your eyes, not your imagination.

It only looks like a vertical line on the photo.  But that doesn't necessarily mean that what they actually saw was a vertical green line.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 01 November 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#20    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 27 October 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

It looks *exactly* like a lens flare to me - it appears to be an internal reflection of the bright light at top right - I'll lay a bet that shape of that light is similar to the flare, and I'd also suspect  that it is a fluorescent (I'll give reasons later).  I challenge the claimants to show us a daylight shot of that same scene, but including the light, and another identical shot taken from the same spot (same exposure settings, and importantly, same *zoom* setting...

I note that this a new camera to them, yet they dismiss lens flare without reason.
So you claim its a hoax.  Only problem with your statement ubove, if we take the word of the claiments, is that they saw it first and then took a picture of it.  It was not the other way around. Meaning, that like others have in the past, they did not find it later when looking through their pictures.

edit for spelling

Edited by zenfahr, 01 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#21    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 01 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

It only looks like a vertical line on the photo.  But that doesn't necessarily mean that what they actually saw was a vertical green line.

Please read the article.

The witnesses are describing the green line in the photo, not what they were seeing when they took the photo:

He said: “It looks like a little green man running. It just disperses into the surface of the road."

“If you look closely, you can see a head. It’s very surreal. I was a policeman and a pilot for 20 years and have never seen anything like this before.”

The witness is telling us that if we look closely, we can see a head in the photo. No, we see a green line and nothing looks like a head.

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 28 October 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Just because he was a policeman and a pilot for 20 years, doesn't mean he's not insane now.
LMAO

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#23    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't know what it is, but I'm positive that it can be explained.

I don't believe it's a ghost, either.

Edited by Mnemonix, 11 November 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#24    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,970 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postzenfahr, on 01 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

So you claim its a hoax.
Yes.  Taking bets?

Only problem with your statement ubove, if we take the word of the claiments
Well, there's your problem...  Why should we take the word of the claimants, especially after it was simply being re-reported by a website?  And even if we do, the human brain is absolutely marvelous at tying stuff together - they see something vague at night, lit by their greenish fluoro light.  They then examine the photos they took and hey presto, a lens reflection sorta fits - it won't take more than few minutes 're-remembering' for it to fit *perfectly*.  "No wait, yeah, it was skinnier and greener than I first thought, uh-huh... it was just exactly like this thing I captured.."  Add that to the fact that they are local publicans - I'm sure an increase in the tourist trade would be a good thing..  Then add that to the fact that there is no follow up story (correct me if I'm wrong..), no willingness to jump onto forums like this, no other pictures of the same scene (despite them claiming to have tried to recreate it..) even though it's their own back yard..

.. that they saw it first and then took a picture of it.  It was not the other way around.

I'm sorry, but that is not correct.  Read the report again, carefully.  It is vaguely implied, but at no point did they say they saw it and then snapped a shot.  They actually said they were experimenting with the camera when they saw the 'thing'.  You'll note that the only references to what it looked like were referring to the image!  They didn't say a word about where it went, how it moved..  It just doesn't make sense, if they truly saw it.

I'm guessing they saw the 'thing' on their camera's LCD screen and then the story was carefully grown around that...

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Not much left to say here, its not a ghost, its a lens flare....now if they can prove it is not a lens flare, then i may be impressed.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#26    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,467 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Compelling...ly ridiculous piece of evidence.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#27    Xedajio

Xedajio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• And with strange aeons even death may die

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Lens flare, or for the people that disbelieve the lens flare thing, a glow stick.

#28    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 28 October 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I'm just confused by the use of  the word "spooky" in the description. :hmm:
i'm confused by the word 'capture' in the title of this thread.
i was expecting a little green man in a cage or something. kids poking sticks at it - that sort of thing.

#29    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

The title of the article used the word "captured" but sadly wrote "on camera" after it. I guess the verb "photograph" isn't popular any more, even in Britain.

#30    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostJGirl, on 13 November 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

i'm confused by the word 'capture' in the title of this thread.
i was expecting a little green man in a cage or something. kids poking sticks at it - that sort of thing.

Now THAT I'd pay to see.

Not a lot, but I'd pay something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users