Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?


  • Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#391    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,276 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 21 December 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Tin Foil hat alert people..

I'll take mine, please....it's the one with the beer holders.....

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#392    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2012

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Quote

pictured Ica Ceremonial Burial Stones that are likely from the Nazca culture. In 1500s the Spanish Conquistadors brought back stories that there were stones with strange creatures carved on them found in this region of Peru. Some of the stones were even brought back to Spain and the Incan Chronicles, Juan de Santa Cruz Pachucuti Lumqui, wrote in 1571 about the strange engraved stones in Ica. (See Swift, Dennis, Secrets of the Ica Stones, 2006.) Dom Geronomo Cabrera was a Spanish conquistador who settled the area of Ica in 1570.One of his descendants, Dr. Javier Cabrera, saw these stones as a child and began collecting them in the 1960s. Today, over 11,000 such stones have been found. Retired from the University of Lima,...pottery in the museum of Lima and beautiful tapestries from the tombs in the area (dated from 200 – 700 AD) with a repeating pattern that looks like dinosaurs (pictures courtesy of Dennis Swift).Indeed, the depictions on some of the Ica Stones show the sauropod dinosaurs with a crest of spines much like that discovered by Paleontologist Stephen Czerkas. http://www.genesispa...cient/dinosaur/

Posted Image    Posted Image

There are many more examples on the link in the quote.  Very interesting!


#393    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Budapest

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

While some of the Ica stones are probably genuine, those with dinosaurs are very obvious modern fakes, simply because they depict dinosaurs in a way that is not consistent with reality, but very much akin to how we thought they looked before the Dinosaur Renaissance. The other examples on this site are either not dinosaurs at all (the Jade dragons are obviously chameleons, or the long-necked Egyptian and Sumerian animal composites, the serpopards) or confirmed hoaxes. You can find detailed explanations all over the web.


#394    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 22 December 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

While some of the Ica stones are probably genuine, those with dinosaurs are very obvious modern fakes, simply because they depict dinosaurs in a way that is not consistent with reality, but very much akin to how we thought they looked before the Dinosaur Renaissance. The other examples on this site are either not dinosaurs at all (the Jade dragons are obviously chameleons, or the long-necked Egyptian and Sumerian animal composites, the serpopards) or confirmed hoaxes. You can find detailed explanations all over the web.

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I once met Javier Cabrera Darquea (the guy who possessed a zillion stones depicting native Americans playing with dinosaurs, natives looking through telescopes, and all that) in 1991. His little museum was located at the central plaza of the little town of Ica.

His museum was incredible: from top to bottom, from wall to wall, in literally every nook and cranny were these engraved stones.

Soon after I entered, he came from a back room, and we introduced ourselves to eachother. One of the first things he asked me was what I had studied. My answer was 'chemistry'. Then I asked him if I could see those stones from up real close, and it was ok. I still remember I thought, "I can make those engravings!", but I didn't tell him. He didn't say much, and I didn't have much time to wander around in his museum for much longer because else I would miss my bus (a 4 hours drive to the north; and yes, I missed my bus... something else to experience: feeling lost in country like that).

When I was about to leave, he asked me if I was interested in buying his book. I was, and he signed it for me:

Posted Image


OK, a few days later (yes, I found my way back) I met an artist who recreated ancient Incan and Nazcan pottery:

Posted Image

He demonstrated his art to us, and I bought one of his creations. Then I made a 'mistake', lol: I asked him in my best Spanish if he had ever heard of Cabrera and his engraved stones...

I don't know what he had heard me say, or maybe he assumed I thought he was one of those who made those fake stones for Cabrera, but he nearly exploded: he almost yelled in my face, saying that he was NOT ONE OF THOSE FRAUDS, and that he only recreated the ancient pottery because he wanted his ancestors' art to be preserved for humanity.

OK, so I excused myself and said I never intended to even suggest he was one of Cabrera's men. He cooled down, excused himself too for his outburst... and asked me if I was interested in buying another of his pots, lol.



#395    jmccr8

jmccr8

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Joined:30 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Sssoo are you suggesting that the Flinstones is fiction.what next Santa Claus


#396    kampz

kampz

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined:04 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

We really don't know unless someone isn't telling. If so I will feel like Burt from Tremors 2 Aftershocks



What about prototype humans which can be anything as far as I'm concerned? *rolls dice* No evidence yet maybe I think. Perhaps "they" can delete it.  

If a dinosaur was manifested at one time then the thread title stands true. That's when modern day humans(us) were here. It's up to us if we want to believe it. Reports are here. I'll keep gambling and say true. :passifier:

Edited by kampz, 23 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.


#397    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Oklahoma, at present

  • "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

yes, they did...dont let anyone tell you different.


#398    mike72

mike72

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If Dino wasn't a Dinosaur on the Flintstones, then what was he? There's your proof, lol


#399    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Science tells us a lot of things and most of us accept what they tell us but science has been proven wrong
on things they say. Such as the Coelacanth. A fish that was suppose to be extinct along with the dinosaurs but they
were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of S. Africa.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#400    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostMag357, on 09 February 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Science tells us a lot of things and most of us accept what they tell us but science has been proven wrong
on things they say. Such as the Coelacanth. A fish that was suppose to be extinct along with the dinosaurs but they
were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of S. Africa.
Though your allegations against Science (empirical) are not true. The people who have been wrong are a hybrid sort of historians who like to dabble in science called 'Evolutionist'.They are the ones who hypothesize the suspected timelines along with a few other pseudoscientists regarding the great evolutionary timeline. While criticizing such people you should leave empirical science out of it since it is based on experimentation and is supported by reproducible results and theoretical proof to back the claim (all these things are missing or non-existent when you talk about evolutionists).


#401    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 11 February 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Though your allegations against Science (empirical) are not true. The people who have been wrong are a hybrid sort of historians who like to dabble in science called 'Evolutionist'.They are the ones who hypothesize the suspected timelines along with a few other pseudoscientists regarding the great evolutionary timeline. While criticizing such people you should leave empirical science out of it since it is based on experimentation and is supported by reproducible results and theoretical proof to back the claim (all these things are missing or non-existent when you talk about evolutionists).

I never mentioned anything about pseudoscience. Read my last post again and try to find that word mentioned. It would seem you theorized that's what I meant.
What I stated about the coelacanth is true. They were thought to be extinct until 1938. Google it.
Furthermore, Science doesn't know with 100% certainty that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. It's only theory but they implanted it in the public mind on
that's what happened. I remember a recent thread on this website that some scientist are having second thoughts that it wasn't an asteroid that killed off the
dinos and seem to think it was volcanoes that put them into extinction. My point being is science is always revising there theories.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#402    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

View Postkampz, on 23 December 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

We really don't know unless someone isn't telling. If so I will feel like Burt from Tremors 2 Aftershocks



What about prototype humans which can be anything as far as I'm concerned? *rolls dice* No evidence yet maybe I think. Perhaps "they" can delete it.  

If a dinosaur was manifested at one time then the thread title stands true. That's when modern day humans(us) were here. It's up to us if we want to believe it. Reports are here. I'll keep gambling and say true. :passifier:

There is a gap of 60 million years between modern humans and dinosaurs, the reports are there as well. Gamble as much as you want, that is not going to make it true.

View PostMag357, on 11 February 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I never mentioned anything about pseudoscience. Read my last post again and try to find that word mentioned. It would seem you theorized that's what I meant.
What I stated about the coelacanth is true. They were thought to be extinct until 1938. Google it.
Furthermore, Science doesn't know with 100% certainty that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. It's only theory but they implanted it in the public mind on that's what happened. I remember a recent thread on this website that some scientist are having second thoughts that it wasn't an asteroid that killed off the dinos and seem to think it was volcanoes that put them into extinction. My point being is science is always revising there theories.

Science went for what seemed the most plausible explanation based on the evidence at hand. which is what science (usually at least) does. Science never says it's 100% correct, we all know that it is constantly being revised and corrected, in order to be the most accurate possible. Science as such is not at fault, it's the human, emotional factor that sometimes does bring difficulty. Lets face it even amongst scientist, people just don't like to be wrong or proven wrong.
And I don't think science "implanted" anything in the public mind, the public mind just was so mesmerized with the idea, that an asteroid could destroy 95% of all life on earth, that it stuck.

And no, I didn't read pseudo-science in your post neither. As to what effectively caused the dinosaurs to go extinct, that's either the impact theory or as you say volcanic activity, by which you probably mean the Deccan Traps (for an explanation of this particular theory, please read here, for an explanation on a more general level of this phenomenon, please read here). Those are the two foremost theories so far.
I've read a rather compelling piece about the first few hours after impact of the asteroid, based on the geological evidence of the impact. I would recommend the read, it's very interesting, if somewhat tedious by times.

I have for the longest of times wondered if it might not have been an cumulative effect of the two, the impact triggering the volcanic activity and both being the cause of the widespread extinction event.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#403    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Budapest

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostMag357, on 11 February 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I never mentioned anything about pseudoscience. Read my last post again and try to find that word mentioned. It would seem you theorized that's what I meant.
What I stated about the coelacanth is true. They were thought to be extinct until 1938. Google it.
Furthermore, Science doesn't know with 100% certainty that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. It's only theory but they implanted it in the public mind on
that's what happened. I remember a recent thread on this website that some scientist are having second thoughts that it wasn't an asteroid that killed off the
dinos and seem to think it was volcanoes that put them into extinction. My point being is science is always revising there theories.

The coelacanth is not a really good analogue for the dinosaur situation. They are deep-water animals and we don't really have any deep-water fossils simply because the layers that contain them are mostly still underwater. We knew about a number of shallow water coelacanths that went extinct during the K-T event and assumed, due to the lack of evidence, that they were the only ones. Then a deep-water species was found to have survived until recent times and was found around the time when the explorations of the open oceans really started to get going. In contrast, we have an ample fossil record of the terrestrial fauna between the K-T event and our time and we see no sign of non-avian dinosaurs. What we see is the proliferation of mammals and birds that took up the ecological niches that used to be filled by dinosaurs in all parts of the world. If he had a non-avian dinosaur milling around, we would have some proof by now.

Of course, this whole "surviving dinosaurs" nonsense completely bypasses the fact that all extant birds are in fact dinosaurs and is still looking for forms that remained unchanged for 65 million years. This is why young-earth creationists are so invested in all non-avian dinosaur theorising.


#404    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tokyo

  • When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

In the Flintstone universe, they did coexist.
Otherwise, not so much.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#405    Quaentum

Quaentum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostCobalt60, on 09 February 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

yes, they did...dont let anyone tell you different.

That's right don't let fact and evidence sway you.  Believe in the fantasy with all your heart.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users