Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dino embryo?

dinodawn

What does anyone think of this? Is it nothing or something? Found south central Indiana. I think I have another one like it if I can find it. I've kept them for several years just waiting to see what they might be. Thanks in advance for any input, dawn

It's clearly a Mastodon embryo.

I did post pics, I don't know why they didn't come thru. And if I do have a Mastodon embryo then I'm about to be a zillionaire cuz it's in a shell :) It won't let me upload them and I don't know how to make them smaller. thanks anyway

Post them again, and make sure you click "add to post" as well as "upload photo"

• Like 1

I did post pics, I don't know why they didn't come thru. And if I do have a Mastodon embryo then I'm about to be a zillionaire cuz it's in a shell :) It won't let me upload them and I don't know how to make them smaller. thanks anyway

Pretty interesting. I would show the pics to an archeologist if there is one around. Do you have a college/university near you?

Thank you Sir Hat. Although I'm fairly certain that this is not a gastrolyth, now that I've researched it, it explains several of the fossils I have. Glory Bebe, I planned on contacting someone from IU but I wanted to ask the actual collectors before I took this to a prof and looked the idiot. I have more confidence about it now. Thanks

See that's where george bush screwed up - no guitar, no theme song. Just a tank and no talent. Of course I'm pretty sure Capaldi would have been a better President too. :), no seriously. (Whovian since #4)

• Like 1

A coprolite.

Not a coprolite although I have several nice examples. And no, I don't know which geological layer because I found it in south central Indiana and it was in the glacier trails. But several sauropods bones have been found relatively near the site.

Well, I found these nearby, don't know if they're bone or not but there they were..... The last one is just some cool stone age tools. Let me know what you think.post-158897-0-48672400-1451412397_thumb.post-158897-0-98599200-1451412410_thumb.post-158897-0-33628100-1451412428_thumb.