Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arctic Bigfoot? Balding polar bear?

Still Waters

Is there a Bigfoot on Alaska’s North Slope? One Barrow family thinks so, and it has them worried about a remote cabin property they own about 35 miles south of America’s northernmost community.

Sarah Skin has been camping at the cabin every year for the last half-century. In the last three years, she and her family say they've repeatedly seen 10-foot tall, bipedal creatures that are black, brown or grayish in color. Skin said that they've seen the creatures three years running, each time in the fall when the family heads to the cabin to hunt for caribou.

Before that, she’d never seen anything like the Bigfoot, as she refers to the mysterious beasts, anywhere near her cabin, located about halfway between Barrow and the community of Atqasuk.

“People from a long time ago used to see them, I guess,” Skin said. “I’m 50 years old and I've been camping out here my whole life, and I've never seen anything like this, ever.”

http://www.alaskadis...minds-want-know

• Like 1

Thanks for posting SW, I have read about Polar Bears getting closer to populated areas and being a real danger to humans. The 'bald' Polar is an interesting answer to some of these sightings and could also pose a threat to these people. PB's or BF's I enjoyed the article, I always like it when sightings from decades ago are recounted.

I wonder what colour Bigfoot is under his fur, but hey lets not go down that road, Bigfoots racial heritage is not what we are here to discuss...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

There have been so many sightings of Bigfoot it really does make you wonder. I don't know what those people saw but I don't think Polar Bears run standing on their hind legs and even a bald bear would still look like a bear.

• Like 1

Good story apart from the idiot who supposedly shot one :td: there are more people on this earth at the moment so we are encroaching on their lands and habitats more, I feel this is why we are getting so many sightings then ever before plus all the media attention and all these bigfoot hunters that are searching for them so now we wait as pretty soon they will get one [alive preferably] thats if they actually do exist. :yes:

Bald Polar bears? I've never heard of such...

So her primary piece of actual evidence is a "meat rack" that had been hanging outside for TWENTY FIVE years fell down?

I know quite a few Alaskans and even more folks who travel there to hunt on a regular basis. If bigfoot existed there, somebody would have hung him on a wall at some point.

So her primary piece of actual evidence is a "meat rack" that had been hanging outside for TWENTY FIVE years fell down?

I know quite a few Alaskans and even more folks who travel there to hunt on a regular basis. If bigfoot existed there, somebody would have hung him on a wall at some point.

As a reluctant Alaskan I have to take umbridge with this a little. Alaska is more massive and wild than most people can truly comprehend. IF bigfoot exists Alaska is the most logical place for him.

Bald Polar bears? I've never heard of such...

because they would not be able to survive come winter :unsure2:

Hm. A balding polar bear would be a strange sight indeed. And Alaska does seem like prime Bigfoot territory to me (or more specifically, a subtype of Bigfoot referred to as a marked hominid). So I'd say it's definitely possible we're looking at an unknown primate here. Keep in mind Alaska is also home to some immense bears that weren't discovered until recently.