Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scary Whisper in my ear

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• “Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

#2    thatRobGuy

thatRobGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

John Lennon

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 18 October 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

Hard to say. I have had many dreams where I wasn't sure if it was real after I was awake as well as lucid dreaming.

Welcome to UM though. I'm sure there are some others who can be more helpful.

Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!   ~Me

#3    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• “Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome :-) yes it was strange... Maybe it was a dream and my mind was playing tricks on me. :)

#4    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 18 October 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Thank you for the warm welcome :-) yes it was strange... Maybe it was a dream and my mind was playing tricks on me. :)

If you had to make a guess, what do you think it probably was?

Posted Image

#5    NoLoveCity187

NoLoveCity187

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 18 October 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

Gotta say this sounds like bull.

#6    JadieJade

JadieJade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:53 AM

Some people say that as you are just falling into a sleep or just coming out of sleep you tend to hear things that are just in your head, I can't remember specifics, just like your mind kinda thing... It's happened to me a few times, I've just heard someone shout my name real loud as I'm in a shallow sleep and wake up immediately to silence, your experience sounds a little different though.

#7    NoLoveCity187

NoLoveCity187

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostJadieJade, on 18 October 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Some people say that as you are just falling into a sleep or just coming out of sleep you tend to hear things that are just in your head, I can't remember specifics, just like your mind kinda thing... It's happened to me a few times, I've just heard someone shout my name real loud as I'm in a shallow sleep and wake up immediately to silence, your experience sounds a little different though.

This sounds like it makes more sense.
although im not gona i did have an experience like this before when i was sleeping at my friends house a very long time ago like 4 years ago, i could here a man whispering things in my ear as i was trying to sleep but i couldnt understand nothing so i jus ignored it & fell asleep like a baby because i dont get scared eazily X)

#8    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

View PostJadieJade, on 18 October 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Its Hypnagogic or Hymnopompic experiences you are thinking of.....i think...:unsure2: .... it does sound like thats what happened to the OP.

#9    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Nolovecity187- it may sound like "bull" to u. But what's interesting to me is this experience whatever it was. Only has happened once and never again to me. it was very real for me, so if this was some mind game in my head or if it was something external---either way its not normal and like others have posted, has happened.

What do I think it was, I dunno. Lol. I go back & forth between->
1) it was all me to 2) it was a spirit messing with me

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 18 October 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

Nolovecity187- it may sound like "bull" to u. But what's interesting to me is this experience whatever it was. Only has happened once and never again to me. it was very real for me, so if this was some mind game in my head or if it was something external---either way its not normal and like others have posted, has happened.

What do I think it was, I dunno. Lol. I go back & forth between->
1) it was all me to 2) it was a spirit messing with me
Hypnogogia/hypnotomia...,. Nothing to worry about. In those altered states we experience all sorts of things.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostNoLoveCity187, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 AM, said:

This sounds like it makes more sense.
although im not gona i did have an experience like this before when i was sleeping at my friends house a very long time ago like 4 years ago, i could here a man whispering things in my ear as i was trying to sleep but i couldnt understand nothing so i jus ignored it & fell asleep like a baby because i dont get scared eazily X)
Why did you say it was bull when you have had a similar experience?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 18 October 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Hypnogogia/hypnotomia...,. Nothing to worry about. In those altered states we experience all sorts of things.

Good to hear :)

#13    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

The ego and super ego are always trying to exert control.  Dream imagery is always confounded because it is seemingly so mystical and obtuse...

The truth is...our bodies and our brain is constantly trying to talk to us...even when we are sleeping...and it uses imagery...sometimes weird imagery....to make a point and direct us toward something...

I used to be very headstrong and belligerent...I was not pleasant.  I have a high IQ and I know it and I used to use it as a weapon against the lesser....I don't do that anymore.  Now I try to find ways to join the different opinions and create a place where everyone grows...

Read up!

If you try to f me over again...well...I'll just have to deal with it...

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 18 October 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Good to hear :)
If it happens again relax and adopt a go with flow attitude. Just observe do not react. You might be in for some mega surprises.

Bruce Lee-

#15    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Errr...that last post sounded really bad when I read it while ago....sorry....ignore that last comment...er...most of it anyway...

But in all seriousness... our brains know how to get our attention... and can and will use imagery it thinks is going to achieve that end...don't be scared by it...it is just your "never sleeping" consciousness trying to speak to your everyday mind...and it tends to use weird things to do so....

It is not an enemy, it is just reaching out...it is your higher self...trying to talk to you...don't be afraid...try to listen...and don't take it too serious...it will use extreme imagery to get your attention on even minor things...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users