Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

scariest urban legends

Old Man Waffles

hey guys :D just wondering what you think is the scariest urban legend/s. and do you know any urban legends which hardly anyone knows about? cheers x

Sensei Waffles :P

9f1770846e5f935906cc996622edfdfa8e007be9da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709c3b71fa05c8a2f6439156bb1de5b3369.png

Edited by Insightful Waffles
  • Like 1

I red this one cave explorer's journal. Two guys went to the same cave a couple of times, every time things got more ominous and after the second or third visit or so, another of them gave up and they both started seeing eerie things like a blurry man or shadow of a man in their house when no one else was supposed to be there. The first guy returned back to the cave once more and hadn't been heard ever since. I don't know what to make of the story. Since I'm pretty sure the writer was english or american, I looked at cave-related myths that might be associated with the case and found Hodag, cave beast. Who knows what lurks down there...

• Like 5

Slender Man. I love how incredibly creepy it is.

• Like 1

The clown statue urban legend scares me not because of the clowns, but the fact that this man is hiding in your house and just watching your every movement. As a kid, the Bloody Mary urban legend scared the living crap out of me because I saw a show about it and when I saw that face in the mirror I just freaked me out and I had my mirror in my room covered with a blanket every night for a month.

• Like 2

one that really scared me was SuicideMouse.avi. Omg, i couldn't watch any movie that had Mickey Mouse in it for weeks, it really freaked me out!

• Like 2

I'm not sure what the distinction between urban legends and other types of folklore is, or even if there is one, but stories I've heard include Kentucky Fried Rat, eaten in the dark at a cinema so you don't find out what it is till afterwards when the lights come on, and the cat that eats a Chihuahua when the two are placed together in a kitchen for the night.

• Like 1

A cat that eats a dog? No there's a new twist on an old story.

A cat that eats a dog? No there's a new twist on an old story.

A Chihuahua puppy, presumably. They must be pretty small.

god i wish i had a cat that could do that....

the scariest one i know is the one about the person who posts in forums using different colour text

• Like 6

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MANBEARPIG???

• Like 3

the scariest one i know is the one about the person who posts in forums using different colour text

what happened to your face dude???

Sacrification

A couple go out for dinner after leaving their young baby with a new baby sitter. While at the resteraunt the father's phone rings and it's the baby sitter.

'She keeps waking up crying,' says the baby sitter. 'I go up and get her and bring her down and she falls asleep in my arms, but every time I put her back in her cot she starts crying after a couple of minutes and I have to go get her again.'

'I'm really sorry,' says the dad. 'She'll settle down soon, maybe she just wants a bottle.'

The couple go back to their meal. Half an hour later the phone rings again, and again it's the baby sitter.

'I'm sorry, Mr Smith but she just won't settle down,' says the baby sitter.

'What exactly is happening?'

'When I bring her down she's fine, but when I leave her she starts crying hysterically. She keeps staring at the big clown in the corner, I think it frightens her.'

The dad's face turns ashen. 'We haven't got any clowns...'

• Like 3

Human sacrifice

There's one urban legend in my country though.... Pontianak. Go and look up on them, honestly I don't really believe in them but there are sometimes cases of dead bodies found with their.... reproductive organs ripped out.

• Like 1

The dulce story by phil schneider kinda freaked me out, hollow earth and all the underground tunnels and bases lived in by alien greys, hard to comprehend I know, but this planet is more lived on than we know!

The dulce story by phil schneider kinda freaked me out, hollow earth and all the underground tunnels and bases lived in by alien greys, hard to comprehend I know, but this planet is more lived on than we know!

Slender Man. I love how incredibly creepy it is.

This.

I red this one cave explorer's journal. Two guys went to the same cave a couple of times, every time things got more ominous and after the second or third visit or so, another of them gave up and they both started seeing eerie things like a blurry man or shadow of a man in their house when no one else was supposed to be there. The first guy returned back to the cave once more and hadn't been heard ever since. I don't know what to make of the story. Since I'm pretty sure the writer was english or american, I looked at cave-related myths that might be associated with the case and found Hodag, cave beast. Who knows what lurks down there...

Are you talking about Ted's Cave?

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/page1.html

• Like 1

lol this scared me real good... heh makes my heart pump and imagination run wild.

right? :lol: The first time I read it, the phone rang and nearly gave me a headattack! Wish there was more...

Edited by Feenix Fire
  • Like 1

hmm... thanks for the replies :) i find the humans lick too one scary :P its the only scary one :)

The black eyed kids kinda creep me out...maybe I better stop writing about them, I almost had a dream about them last night (I woke up suddenly).

There's a man who grows watermelons. He makes a good living selling these watermelons, however, the local teenagers run rampnt across his crops at night, stealing and eating his profits. Finally, fed up, he walks outside and posts a sign. "WARNING, One of these watermelons is poisoned"

Satisfied, he goes in for the night. The next morning, he goes out to check his crops. Everythings fine. Grinning to himself, he picks a melon, cuts it and prepares to take a bite. Before he can, his eyes glance over at the sign he'd posted the night before, in large printed handwriting just under his letters reads, "NOW THERE'S TWO"

• Like 3

I heard a pretty scary one.....

A person ( female ) will enter your life via the internet....She will type in vibrant colors that will give you a migraine for the rest of your night, thus ruining any plans you had for this Saturday night...........

:P

teasehair2.jpg

Back in the 1960s, the beehive was a popular hairstyle for women. Some women went to extraordinary lengths to acquire one. One particular young girl decided to wrap her hair around bread dough to achieve maximum height for her beehive. After about three weeks of having this great beehive she started to complain to her mother that she was suffering severe headaches. She was finally taken to the hospital, being almost unconscious when she got there. It didn't take doctors too long to discover that the dough and her scalp were totally infested with maggots.

And this is one that I remember since I was told it by a fellow pupil at school:

A young girl named Lisa was left alone several nights as her parents worked late. Her parents bought her a dog to keep her company.

One night Lisa was awoken by a constant dripping sound. She got up and went to the kitchen to turn off the tap properly. As she was getting back into the bed she stuck her hand under the bed and the dog licked it to show that he was still there protecting her.

The dripping sound continued, so she went to the bathroom and turned off the tap properly in there, too.

She went back to her bedroom and stuck her hand under the bed, and the dog licked it again.

But the dripping continued, so she went outside and turned off the taps out there.

She came back to bed, stuck her hand under it, and the dog licked it again.

The dripping continued, drip, drip, drip.

This time she listened and located the source of the dripping — it was coming from her cupboard.

She opened the cupboard door, and there was her dog hanging upside down with its neck cut, and written on the window on the inside of the cupboard was, "HUMANS CAN LICK TOO!!!"

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1