Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#76    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,589 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#77    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

So that's where all of Greece's money went xD

#78    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

If recovered ETV's, such as claimed in the Roswell incident, were indeed reverse engineered, then I would assume that by now we would at least see some radical degree of advancement in military aircraft propulsion and aerodynamics.
Although aircraft such as the F-22 and F-35 have advanced remarkably since the previous generation, their basic means of propulsion and flight control remain based on fundamental flight requirements.  That is, they have thrust and have mechanical flight control surfaces.
VTOL is not new, although it has been refined from that used in the Harriers.
Thrust vectoring, although it was a challenge to implement, is an idea that has existed since early in the history of powered flight.
Stealth technology has been refined and improved upon, but again they are based on the same idea.
These aircraft and others, are remarkable achievements, but we're not seeing anything revolutionary such as the acceleration or manoeverability of the UFO's witnessed and/or filmed.
I've read that things such as lasers, fiber-optics, integrated circuits and a few others were reverse engineered, but personally I don't believe that at all.
Also, if military designers had vehicles capable of the kind of performance even close to what UFO's can do, I would think they would be testing and operating them far away from the average tourist with a camera, let alone flying over major cities.  Examples might be the Phoenix Lights or the O'Hare Airport sighting.
We have made incredible leaps in technology in the past hundred years or so, but I'm not convinced any or it is the result of analysis of recovered ETV's.

Anyway, long story short, I don't think we have any ability to fly at hypersonic speeds while doing 90 degree turns.

I'm not really claiming that any reverse engineering has happened with any downed alien spacecraft. If governments have retrieved downed UFO's, would we even have the ability to understand the technology? If alien spacecraft have crashed, how much damage would they have. It's much harder to reverse engineer something that is damaged especially with technology as advanced as these spacecraft would have to have.

We don't even have any proof as to what people are seeing when they see UFO's. We can't even say that the government has any crashed UFO's with any certainty. Only the government knows for sure.

As I've stated before, I most certainly believe that we are not alone in this universe, but that doesn't mean that we have been visited. I want to believe.......I really, really want to believe, but I still want that absolute proof.

And I still want to see a UFO in person......it may or may not change my perspective......

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#79    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 October 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yep that's it.  Case closed :cry:

Posted Image

#80    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

You basic Bradley home built UFO!   LOL

#81    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,269 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 October 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Care to list them?  VW's don't fly btw.

I said it looks like a Volkswagen, not that it was one......pareidolia anyone!

No, I don't care to list them. It's already been done to death.....

Get three coffins ready.

#82    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,269 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, that's what I see....slightly different color and maybe a different model year, but yeah......

Get three coffins ready.

#83    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

And I still want to see a UFO in person......it may or may not change my perspective......

I have seen UFO's twice.
Still, my perspective has not changed.  I still need proof that what I saw is of ET origin.
In my mind just because I could not identify it does not mean a leap to ET source.  Part of me wants to claim it as such, and part of me is still searching for a rational explanation...but I will never get one.
I can tell you one thing for certain.  I spend one helluva lot more time looking up whether it's day or night!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#84    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

I have seen UFO's twice.
Still, my perspective has not changed.  I still need proof that what I saw is of ET origin.
In my mind just because I could not identify it does not mean a leap to ET source.  Part of me wants to claim it as such, and part of me is still searching for a rational explanation...but I will never get one.
I can tell you one thing for certain.  I spend one helluva lot more time looking up whether it's day or night!

why not?

#85    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 03 October 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Me too and most of the time when I think I see something, it always turns out to be totally mundane. <_<

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#86    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just out of curiosity since others are posting strange images.....
This was in the media as well as more convential type of UFO images in the same area.  I saved the image because it was weird and pretty but I never heard much else about this image just the others.. does anyone know more about it. Attached File  elohim temple1-23-11 mount.jpg   4.57K   41 downloads

Edited by White Unicorn, 03 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#87    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 03 October 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity since others are posting strange images.....
This was in the media as well as more convential type of UFO images in the same area.  I saved the image because it was weird and pretty but I never heard much else about this image just the others.. does anyone know more about it. Attachment elohim temple1-23-11 mount.jpg

Well, it's very small but it is definitely Photoshopped to create a mirror effect of something.  You'd need to supply a higher quality original to get more info than that I think.

#88    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 October 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Well, it's very small but it is definitely Photoshopped to create a mirror effect of something.  You'd need to supply a higher quality original to get more info than that I think.

I would if I could but that's all I could save on from the web that day. I think it was originally on a  FOX link and you know how that goes not very convincing but interesting. I thought there would be a ton of dehoaxing on it but it just seemed to disappear from topics at that time at least the ones connected to the original image posted.

Thanks!

Edited by White Unicorn, 03 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#89    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

hmm.. is this a film pic? or digital? If its a film pic then it could  be just a common blotch... i get those randomly on (film)pictures every now and then.. its like a water drop stain gets on the film during the process from negatvies.... getting pics done from walmart you get those almost in every pic..lol

#90    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostMidKn13ght, on 03 October 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

hmm.. is this a film pic? or digital? If its a film pic then it could  be just a common blotch... i get those randomly on (film)pictures every now and then.. its like a water drop stain gets on the film during the process from negatvies.... getting pics done from walmart you get those almost in every pic..lol

I would thought t was a hoax more than an accident,  if you enlarge it, doesn't appear  to be random. I was just curious because usually you find a bunch of dehoaxing information but links to it  disappeared on me the same day and the other debunked stuff was only coming up... made me curious. If genuine I thought it must be some kind of hologram.

Edited by White Unicorn, 03 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users