Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sometimes she is wrong; sometimes right

honeyandclover5

I have been seeing a psychic for a while and for the first couple of times I visited her she was right. After a couple of readings she began to get somethings wrong, which is okay and I know that can happen, but now she is getting more things wrong. A weird thing I noticed is that she gets my relationship stuff wrong. All of the issues I had with work or friendships had been spot on, but with relationships she has been off the target more than once. I can't help but feel discouraged about her abilities, but then I was wondering if maybe I self sabotage relationship potentials. I asked her why I can't get a legit relationship despite her seeing good connections and she says it's the type I choose. They like me, but find me intimidating and in a way I put a wall around myself and most guys my age are scared of that. She has told me when she doesn't see it lasting long, so it's not like every guy I have asked about is "the one". She has given me insight on why each one didn't work and the lessons with them. I asked if there was any guy soon and she said yes, a great strong one after about a year of dating, she has stated that I must leave my hometown to find him. I really have always felt that way, but with the multiple errors with previous potentials I am unsure. I don't want to self sabotage, but is this information even a little bit reliable? Are these unhappy outcomes my doing or was she flat out wrong and if so is she scamming me?

Psychic abilities are not proven. I'm open to such a thing, but very skeptical of claimed psychics.

Save your money, sanity and stay away.You are better off studying science.You will be much more interesting to a potential bf of quality.

• Like 2

When the novelty of a psychic reading wears off, and when the psychic has gleaned (consciously or otherwise) all the external clues you carry on you, the guesses will, naturally, become more and more incorrect.

• Like 2

Clip posted below.Derren Brown plays a bit of a double game, in that he is a professional illusionist who claims he does it all by psychological methods- he doesn't, but he is an expert on psychological tricks.

To answer your question, she is scamming you, either deliberately or unconsciously.

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 1

If you were to ask your self why you think the readings have been inaccurate, what would be your own conclusion?

• Like 3

is this information even a little bit reliable?

No

Are these unhappy outcomes my doing or was she flat out wrong and if so is she scamming me?

If psychic powers existed, we would know about it. And I mean - empirically, scientifically know about it.

• Like 1

I just cant understand why people try to solve their problems with these hoo doo people.

• Like 4

If you walk in without knowing about cokd reading, hot reading, or how general statements can seem very specific, or without keeping track of hits and misses, it can be really convincing.

And most people don't go in with those things in mind.

Heck, many people will go on about how close they match their horoscope from the daily paper. Even though they also match the horoscopes for other months hust as well.

• Like 1

Because hoo doo people make money off those who are gullible. People also want easy answers to all life's problems.

Spot on Xeno...Spot on.

post-142153-0-97859000-1448682594_thumb.

post-142153-0-41409200-1448682613_thumb.

post-142153-0-96459100-1448682626_thumb.

• Like 2

Bloody hit and run A**H***

• Like 3

Seriously OP - don't waste your time or money on these type of people who think they are 'special' somehow by telling you about your life and future.

They are not special - they are simply preying on your gullibility and ripping you off.

images%2090_zpsbsbii1og.jpg

Keep it fun and light instead if you want - by sticking to the weekly horoscope ;)

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2