Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schizophrenia and Psychic Abilities

Yinarchy

12/19/15

I have a new friend, DeForest who has schizophrenia.

In the view of the Erie, as well as many of the world’s indigenous cultures, mental illness signals spiritual emergencies, and are regarded as two obviously incompatible energies trying to merge into the same field or psych. We view mental disorders not as symptoms of something wrong with a person, but rather as evidence of the arrival of inharmonious psychic energies into the person’s life. Energies that must be dispelled or integrated, rather than ignored or subdued.

The scientific mind is not trained in how to deal, or even taught to acknowledge. the existence of the sacred world. In fact, psychic abilities are labeled madness.(I know. I'm often labeled as insane. And I know how confusing it is to pick up other people's thoughts.) Disturbances result when the person does not get assistance in dealing with the presence of the energy from the spirit realm. They need assistance in handling the breakthrough from another level of reality.

DeForest and I were discussing this, as well as the voices that continually haunt him, and I offered to be his spirit guide to harmonize his energy or as he called it, his paradigm psychiatrist.

After he left I began to write a story and only then did it come to me to use the Dr. Phil show as framework for it, so I could write it on both the level of the observed and the observer, as in being on the show, then watching it. I was in a whirlwind of energy and wrote 26 pages all about Dr. Phil. Then I went to bed and tried to contact DeForest in the spiritual realm, but exhausted, soon fell asleep.

The next morning DeForest arrived with a small stick and let me know that he had almost come in while I was asleep (He assumed) and thrown it at me. He said, “Dr. Phil! Dr. Phil! All night, the voices talking about Dr. Phil. I HATE Dr. Phil.”

Another incident: a few days ago I was at my therapist (Who thinks I'm insane) talking about a young girl named Tiffany that I hadn't seen in months and was worried about. His receptionist buzzed him, “Tiffany is here to see you.” I ran out and threw my arms around her. It was her first visit.

Oh, and DeForest also used the same therapist in the past.

• Like 2

i'm trying to send you a mental image. can you pick up on it?

i copy & pasted a .gif of the image on another screen but i haven't posted it. i'm also speaking out loud what it is. i'll wait a little while to see if Yinarchy or anybody else can pick up on the image.

this could be fun. :w00t:

Edited by mjk22

- post removed -

disorganized thoughts (poorly constructed thoughts) is a "hallmark" of schizophrenia. but Yinarchy is trying to understand what they know is psychic activity. they just need support and assistance verifying it.

Another incident: a few days ago I was at my therapist (Who thinks I'm insane) talking about a young girl named Tiffany that I hadn't seen in months and was worried about. His receptionist buzzed him, “Tiffany is here to see you.” I ran out and threw my arms around her. It was her first visit.

I'm assuming you are institutionalized somewhere, is that correct?

If this is part of the the treatment then I would be glad to participate.

Edited by Use your brain

if anybody guessed that it was a snowman throwing a snowball you are correct!

SnowballSnowmanHit.gif

this is a screenshot i took at 12:53 AM. i waited 2 hours but nobody wanted to take any guesses. :(

1gIxJVQ.jpg?1

i think Yinarchy had precognition. she was talking about Tiffany when Tiffany surprisingly showed up. i think that was precognition. DeForest was mentally tormented about Dr. Phil, so obviously, DeForest was picking up on Yinarchy's focus. those two must have had a very strong connection.

Yinarchy, did you guess the snowman?

Just reading the OP I can feel the energies fluctuating through frequencies right to my third Eye.

0oDlpN1.gif

disorganized thoughts (poorly constructed thoughts) is a "hallmark" of schizophrenia. but Yinarchy is trying to understand what they know is psychic activity. they just need support and assistance verifying it.

It seem very strange the mental illness and "psychic" abilities often go hand in hand. I suppose all those individuals who hear voices are actually unskilled telepaths? I just think someone's fishing for confirmation.

It seem very strange the mental illness and "psychic" abilities often go hand in hand. I suppose all those individuals who hear voices are actually unskilled telepaths? I just think someone's fishing for confirmation.

the -ic suffix means 'of or relating to' so psychic means of psyche. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/-ic

i'm not sure why people have a hard time understanding that psyche has a wide variety of functions (including telepathy, precognition, retrocognition, clairvoyance, clairaudience and more).

i'm not sure why people have a hard time understanding that psyche has a wide variety of functions (including telepathy, precognition, retro cognition, clairvoyance, clairaudience and more).

Because it doesn't have these functions. A lot of supposed psychic abilities are just subconscious observation. Reading body language etc. Nothing metaphysical about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconscious_communication

• Like 2

i'm not sure why people have a hard time understanding that psyche has a wide variety of functions (including telepathy, precognition, retrocognition, clairvoyance, clairaudience and more).

I imagine they too wonder why some people are so gullible.
  • Like 2

Interesting post. Thank you.

The two incidents seem more synchronistic than "psychic." The events in each incident are related far more by meaning rather than by any transparent causality. Two people talking or writing more or less simultaneously about a pop culture trope or running into each other after some months are everyday events, regardless of health.

I was curious, though, since I am interested in genealogy, how you trace your ancestry specifically to the Erie. They were pretty much absorbed by members of the Iroquois federation, circa 1660. Just curious about an interesting (to me) problem.

Because it doesn't have these functions. A lot of supposed psychic abilities are just subconscious observation. Reading body language etc. Nothing metaphysical about it.

https://en.wikipedia...s_communication

are you one of those meatball monster worshipers? the famous atheist mascot. are you?

ah, yes, psyche does have those functions. you do not have permission to "believe" it, though. your mascot forbid you.

I imagine they too wonder why some people are so gullible.

experience is the great teacher. if you think edgar cayce was gullible, or if you think he was mentally ill, i think you're very dishonest. if you think there aren't countless people, like cayce, who have psychic ability you might win approval socially, but you fail in being correct.

are you one of those meatball monster worshipers? the famous atheist mascot. are you?

ah, yes, psyche does have those functions. you do not have permission to "believe" it, though. your mascot forbid you.

The hell you talking about? Don't tell me your another one of those wanna be Sylvia Brown's. I'm going to throw out a random guess but the original snowman you had in mind was Olaf from Frozen.

So Mr.Wizard I got a test for you. What color is my shirt and the design on it? You have only one guess.

• Like 1

The hell you talking about? Don't tell me your another one of those wanna be Sylvia Brown's. I'm going to throw out a random guess but the original snowman you had in mind was Olaf from Frozen.

So Mr.Wizard I got a test for you. What color is my shirt and the design on it? You have only one guess.

you have meatball on your shirt. it's just obvious.

i don't have to be a wannabe! i don't know if the snowman is anything specific. could be. i googled snowman .gif and that's what i found.

Facepalm-Meme-Gif-08.jpg

I'm wearing a black The Goonies T-shirt. Move along folk there is nothing of value here. Be content in your delusion. So far you are the second one to fail this test. Of course I expect you to say I'm lying. Your kind always do.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Facepalm-Meme-Gif-08.jpg

I'm wearing a black The Goonies T-shirt. Move along folk there is nothing of value here. Be content in your delusion. So far you are the second one to fail this test. Of course I expect you to say I'm lying. Your kind always do.

you can't trap psyche. it doesn't work that way. few people could develop the ability to the level of skill at will. you know, a savant-like ability. otherwise, it's spontaneous.

did the government really develop remote viewing or was that a conspiratorial rumor?

If we were to go on intuition. I'd say you are the same one who once promised to astral project to me under a different name. Don't know why I feel this way. Of course I'm wrong since I'm no psychic.

• Like 1

If we were to go on intuition. I'd say you are the same one who once promised to astral project to me under a different name. Don't know why I feel this way. Of course I'm wrong since I'm no psychic.

no, i'm not the one you're thinking of.

if you haven't experienced psyche and you don't believe in psyche's abilities (aka psychic ability) then why do you interact in this forum when there are so many other categories? just curious.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psyche

I think therefore I am.

Why do I interact in this section? Because it's a part of the forum and sometimes a little rational thought does some good. Too many people claiming psychic powers when they really need to see a psychoanalysis. Do I dismiss psychic abilities. Yes and No. I've experience a great deal of the weird (which is why I joined this forum in the first place), but I also know that 99% of the time there is a rational explanation.

• Like 1

experience is the great teacher. if you think edgar cayce was gullible, or if you think he was mentally ill, i think you're very dishonest. if you think there aren't countless people, like cayce, who have psychic ability you might win approval socially, but you fail in being correct.

Of course they're psychic, they say so.

Thankfully you don't have to worry about failing to be correct in the realm of fantasy.

• Like 2

12/19/15

I have a new friend, DeForest who has schizophrenia.

In the view of the Erie, as well as many of the world’s indigenous cultures, mental illness signals spiritual emergencies, and are regarded as two obviously incompatible energies trying to merge into the same field or psych. We view mental disorders not as symptoms of something wrong with a person, but rather as evidence of the arrival of inharmonious psychic energies into the person’s life. Energies that must be dispelled or integrated, rather than ignored or subdued.

The scientific mind is not trained in how to deal, or even taught to acknowledge. the existence of the sacred world. In fact, psychic abilities are labeled madness.(I know. I'm often labeled as insane. And I know how confusing it is to pick up other people's thoughts.) Disturbances result when the person does not get assistance in dealing with the presence of the energy from the spirit realm. They need assistance in handling the breakthrough from another level of reality.

DeForest and I were discussing this, as well as the voices that continually haunt him, and I offered to be his spirit guide to harmonize his energy or as he called it, his paradigm psychiatrist.

After he left I began to write a story and only then did it come to me to use the Dr. Phil show as framework for it, so I could write it on both the level of the observed and the observer, as in being on the show, then watching it. I was in a whirlwind of energy and wrote 26 pages all about Dr. Phil. Then I went to bed and tried to contact DeForest in the spiritual realm, but exhausted, soon fell asleep.

The next morning DeForest arrived with a small stick and let me know that he had almost come in while I was asleep (He assumed) and thrown it at me. He said, “Dr. Phil! Dr. Phil! All night, the voices talking about Dr. Phil. I HATE Dr. Phil.”

It may not be schizophrenia. I've met in my life some schizophrenics and they have not any abilities. It may be the influence of another person or a lower spiritual being and it can wake up some abilities.

• Like 1

He is diagnoised. But I know another young man very well we was paranoid scizophenic and I believe was possessed by his late mother, who died of a heroin overdose. I wrote a true short story about it as Mariev, Erie Matriarch.

As far as being "absorb" the Erie disappear when the "Man" or lawtries putting us on a reservation or something.

And the name of the story I wrote and am re-writing now? MASS T-T-TOURETTS SYMDRONE. I wrote it back in 2010, and for some reason, I dug it out. It is a true story within a true story because I wrote it before it happened.

At the time of the actual outbreak of Touretts, I talked to the school, their lawyer, James DuPont III CSD Concerned Parents of Leroy and wrote on several forums, all of whom ignored and censured me (And I used no cuss words). Kids might read or hear the truth about sexual trauma in young girls and mass hysteria.

At the time I was censured here at UM.

If you want to do further research, tag Leroy NY, Touretts, or Mass hysteria. I can't prove I wrote it first but several people did read it before it happened, including my granddaughter who experienced (or caused) the outbreak. So I can't say that is totally psychic, but I've had many experiences, witnessed, proven and otherwise. And I don't know nothin' as they say. I'm trying to figure things out just like everyone else.

John from Lowell, Thamks. Yes, the link you gave is whatI'm talking about. If I did not come from a culture that honors and understands psychic abilities, it would have been extremely confusing when I pick up others' thoughts or Grandma comes to tell me she is dead.