Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

what is death?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,957 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

It is unwise to accept someone elses statements about something you have never experienced personally yourself.
I am inclined to accept the Hindu model of death as i respect the Yogic practice of self discovery and the depth of their description.

However I am firmly skeptical of this since I have no personal experience on which to form an opinion.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#32    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Death! :huh:   Shizzz haven't figured out what "live" is yet  ....but none the less we are doing both at the same time...

#33    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostRyu, on 12 November 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Death is when you stop living, your brain stops producing electrical impulses and quickly liquifies; your body follows suit...that is the start of decomposition.

That's a medical scientific definition. I my opinion, the original poster is more interested in something bordering on spirituality.

Ben

#34    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 November 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

It is unwise to accept someone elses statements about something you have never experienced personally yourself.
I am inclined to accept the Hindu model of death as i respect the Yogic practice of self discovery and the depth of their description.

However I am firmly skeptical of this since I have no personal experience on which to form an opinion.

Br Cornelius

In that case, you can speculate on what you believe it could be, and what survives with physical death. I mean, if there is anything in the afterlife.

Ben

#35    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostCiss, on 13 November 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Death! :huh:   Shizzz haven't figured out what "live" is yet  ....but none the less we are doing both at the same time...

Well, according to Descarte, "I think, therefore I live." To think is an evidence that we live. When memory is gone, we are dead.

Ben

#36    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,515 posts

• Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 15 November 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

That's a medical scientific definition. I my opinion, the original poster is more interested in something bordering on spirituality.

Ben

What makes you feel that there is a better explanation, out of curiosity?

#37    Serpentine

Serpentine

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Well, according to Descarte, "I think, therefore I live." To think is an evidence that we live. When memory is gone, we are dead.

Ben

The trick is to realize that this "I" that speaks is the same "I" wherever it speaks.This realization is a loss of self as a separate self and need not coincide (though it often does) with a body ceasing to function.

#38    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,515 posts

• Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

The "I" could very well be just a conceptual illusion like all man-made concepts.

#39    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

No need to fear Death as it isn't the end.

#40    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,386 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

No escape, you'll find out when it happens sooner or later. If you wake up afterwards its a bonus,if you don't you wont know anyway so why worry.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#41    cloudsinthesky

cloudsinthesky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Some just call it the end of our physical forms and the end of our consciousness, some say it's the beginning of a new life either in a heaven or a heaven-esque place, or back here again on Earth. We'll probably never know for sure, that is, until we're all dead.

#42    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostRyu, on 15 November 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

What makes you feel that there is a better explanation, out of curiosity?

Religion. Religion is the main reason why people quest about death. The curiosity is in the hope that there is something rewarding in the afterlife.

Ben

#43    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostSerpentine, on 18 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

The trick is to realize that this "I" that speaks is the same "I" wherever it speaks.This realization is a loss of self as a separate self and need not coincide (though it often does) with a body ceasing to function.

That "I" or sense of conscience is over with death.

#44    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostTheProphetMark, on 18 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

No need to fear Death as it isn't the end.

Rather the opposite is true. There is no need to fear death precisely for that reason: It is the end. (Eccl. 9:5,6)

Ben

#45    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 09 October 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Death is the cessation of your Ka/Ba/Ankh/consciousness/soul/id or whatever. The questions and arguments occur around whether your consciousness continues to exist in some form after your body is dead. I'm not going to stray into that region, but I think it reasonable to say that when your core being has gone, then that is death. Hmm, perhaps as there is brain death and clinical death, perhaps there could be body death and soul death, I don't no.
Actually, the first state in this division of consciousness is called by the Egyptians as the "Ba" (soul). This is the aspect of consciousness that reincarnates. The Ba separates from consciousness at the moment of death and goes back into the well of souls to be reborn again. The Ba never dies, it reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is named the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew. It literally haunts the place of its life forever.

The Ka then is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

Certain rituals were designed to keep the Ka inside the tomb and to make sure that it would not be released back into the world to become a phantom or ghost. If one were successful in accomplishing this then the BA would also be freed from the realm of incarnation. The BA would then be able to pass into many different realms of the afterlife at will. This science reunited the essence of the Ka and the Ba at the moment of death in a way so that they would not separate.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users