Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Independent Scotland Could Lose The Pound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

George Osborne has warned Scotland there is no guarantee it can retain the pound if it becomes independent.

The Chancellor said independence would force Scotland to adopt new currency arrangements, which would be a "very deep dive into uncharted waters".

The Scottish government has outlined plans to keep the pound if the country becomes independent after next year's referendum.

But in a new report, the Treasury said the economic case for creating a "sterling zone" was not clear and cast doubt on whether a deal could be reached.

Mr Osborne, launching the report in Glasgow, said the analysis showed the imperative to agree a currency union would be less strong for the UK than for Scotland.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm Scottish and I don't see why anyone cares about "independence" in this day and age, half the people wanting it are just being patriotic because they seen brave heart and were brought up to hate the English for stupid moronic reasons and don't actually understand any of it. Some of my family and friends post about it on facebook, like it will actually make a real difference. The Scottish MP's are just as corrupt and useless.

Surely the proper path the world is supposed to take is integration and everyone becoming one united world.... Not more segregation...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

There is no imperitive for the rest of the UK to actually agree to a sterling zone. It has existed in the past, but today, unless the Central Bank in the UK (BoE) actually controlled borrowing and spending, then it becomes a non-starter

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,772 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

what we are witnessing is the Scottish political party who have independence as the heart of their manifesto and now their bluff as been called they havent got a clue. - what have they been doing all these years. every time Salmond is challenged he falls flat on his ars'e. scary stuff.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users