Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The strangest Phone number ever recieved

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Gatekey

Gatekey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I just recieved a phone call from a number the number in my call display reads V02281158300027 no message was left on the answering machine. I am unable to return the phone call my phone simply states "unable to dial". This was not on my cellphone but on my landline. I did a google search with "strange phone number V02281158300027" and various usage and got 0 results, like maybe its the very 1st of it's kind, in any case I wanted to get this out in case others may have recieved a call from this very strange number.I think I will try and capture it in a picture on my cellphone as proof. I am in Canada if that makes a difference to anyone looking forward to your opinions.

#2    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,218 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Not to startle you, but that is the country code they use in Hell.

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,977 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

A firmware update, maybe.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,037 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

You may have a refurbished 'bama phone.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.  The tech in consumer electronics is about as crappy as it gets.  Who knows what it was doing.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,658 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Oh no.... not V02281158300027 !!!! I've been dreading that notification for months!

*Furiously begins to dig a large concrete-reinforced bunker*

Posted Image

Edited by ealdwita, 28 February 2013 - 07:46 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,305 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postsupervike, on 28 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

And how do you know this,  can you prove that it is? Some people believe in hell, so this could alarm them.

(only kidding, saying that, it could actually be true, some people do believe in hell)

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostGatekey, on 28 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I just recieved a phone call from a number the number in my call display reads V02281158300027 no message was left on the answering machine. I am unable to return the phone call my phone simply states "unable to dial". This was not on my cellphone but on my landline. I did a google search with "strange phone number V02281158300027" and various usage and got 0 results, like maybe its the very 1st of it's kind, in any case I wanted to get this out in case others may have recieved a call from this very strange number.I think I will try and capture it in a picture on my cellphone as proof. I am in Canada if that makes a difference to anyone looking forward to your opinions.

I think You will find it is a telephone marketing company or some other company selling something or trying to get your details...
Some of them use software to try and get the call through to the person they are dialing...

I have had various number's call me on my landline that was displayed as a number on the caller display, but was witheld when I used 1471 for the last callers number...

I would not worry about it, I would recommend that if You get the call again and You answer and they reply, DO NOT give them ANY personal details whatsoever, not even Your name.......

It would be better NOT to answer the phone when You see a number like that, as it normally encourages them to keep on calling, or even sell your number to other companies that do the same thing...

Posted Image

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

The weirdest number I recieved on my cell phone was 555-555-5555. Just last month I think. Still on my phone.

No kidding. They didn't leave a message, and I did not call back.

#10    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Forgot to mention in my previous post about a site that lets You do a  Reverse Phone Number Lookup...

http://whocallsme.com/

I have used the site myself a few times when I have received call's from strange number's

Posted Image

#11    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,256 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

It's a call made from an IP phone. IP phones can be programmed with any outgoing display number. It probably originated from an overseas call center.

iheartsugarbear

#12    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,260 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View Postpallidin, on 28 February 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

The weirdest number I recieved on my cell phone was 555-555-5555. Just last month I think. Still on my phone.

No kidding. They didn't leave a message, and I did not call back.
I thought they customarily used that in movies whenever they read out a phone number, since it didn't exist.

View Postsupervike, on 28 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Surely that'd be 666-666-6666.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 01 March 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users