Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: [Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident (156 member(s) have cast votes)

What happened to them?

1. Murder (9 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

2. Alien Abduction (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

3. Bigfoot (4 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. Werewolves/Vampire /Skinwalkers (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Government Cover-up (29 votes [18.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.59%

6. Gang Attack (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Supernatural Causes (21 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

8. Other (64 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Cetacea

Cetacea

Poltergeist

• 2,352 posts

• "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when it is quite clearly Ocean."

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

View Postbigdaddyinge, on 15 March 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

yeah, but you gotta know the whole hyrax thing with smugfish... it's frankly a little insulting to the members of this forum the way he posts the things he does without any explanation of why he thinks that way, then goes on to hijack any other threads he can get his hands on. ask cetacea, who has a uniquely strong fondness for the guy.
:blush: It's the blatant and continuous abuse of zoology in the face of facts I guess... you get a little irritated after a few pages.

"There is about as much educational benefit to be gained in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by observing prisoners held in solitary confinement" - Jacques Cousteau

"We're not unique, just at one end of the spectrum."

#17    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

yeah, but you gotta know the whole hyrax thing with smugfish... it's frankly a little insulting to the members of this forum the way he posts the things he does without any explanation of why he thinks that way, then goes on to hijack any other threads he can get his hands on. ask cetacea, who has a uniquely strong fondness for the guy.  

Yeah.... I looked up his topics, this dude sure loves Hyraxs..... :lol:

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#18    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

• no, of course i'm not all right. i'm half right. the other half is left.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 15 March 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yeah.... I looked up his topics, this dude sure loves Hyraxs..... :lol:
no, really what he loves is to turn all of UM into his own giant mad libs. what happened to atlantis? a hyrax ate it. why am i hearing noises under my bed? a hyrax is under there. who built the pyramids? a whole friggin gang of hyraxes did. it gets old like cetecea said.

bigdaddyinge

#19    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

View PostKroe, on 14 March 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

It was an unfortunate hiking accident which can easily be explained. They were the unfortunate victims of an avalanche and hypothermia. The reason they were partially dressed can be explained by paradoxical undressing.

The reason the bodies had a strange tint was due to the fact that they had lain dead in the sun for a number of days. The woman with the missing tongue could be attributed to scavengers, since that is one of the parts they will go for first. The three hikers with the crushed bodies and the torn tent all point to an avalanche as the cause.

Also, claims about radiation and orange spheres do not appear in the original inquest, which suggest they were add much later.

It was a sad, tragic accident, but nothing paranormal.
                                                                                                 Sorry Kroe!, but the whole avelanche thing is a none starter for me! Apart from the tent being ripped,or torn apart from within, I have read about this subject quite a lot, and have never come across the part where it says that the search parties had to dig or move even a tiny avelanche's worth of snow!  Thurther-more, surely the coroner would have known that the tongue would have been scavenged by a crow or some other meat scrouger! Besides, if it were scavengers that took it,whilst still in the young ladys mouth,..then why was there no mention of any other facial damage,i.e the lips and even more liely the eyes?,which i believe are always the first things to go!.. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, But i do believe that this incident is a  <_< frustratingly never to be solved mystery!!!!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#20    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

View Post1963, on 15 March 2010 - 03:07 PM, said:

Sorry Kroe!, but the whole avelanche thing is a none starter for me! Apart from the tent being ripped,or torn apart from within, I have read about this subject quite a lot, and have never come across the part where it says that the search parties had to dig or move even a tiny avelanche's worth of snow!  Thurther-more, surely the coroner would have known that the tongue would have been scavenged by a crow or some other meat scrouger! Besides, if it were scavengers that took it,whilst still in the young ladys mouth,..then why was there no mention of any other facial damage,i.e the lips and even more liely the eyes?,which i believe are always the first things to go!.. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, But i do believe that this incident is a  <_< frustratingly never to be solved mystery!!!!
good points... the whole just the tongue missing didn't really sit right with me either, and logic would dictate the removal of snow in the case of an avalanche. mmmm... maybe it WAS a hyrax!!(no, not really)

bigdaddyinge

#21    Long_Gone

Long_Gone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

View PostSmugfish, on 15 March 2010 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's a fascinating case which is most likely due to the electromagnectic field emminating from a flying cryptid imo. The fear factor was enough to send the group into a panic stricken run into the night.

You always come up with the most original stuff dude.  :tu:

"electromagnetic field emminationg from a flying cryptid". and i also like how it is "Most likely" as in your words...

#22    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

View Postbigdaddyinge, on 15 March 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

This is a forum about cryptozoology, is it not? So, I'm giving a balance to the overly weighted mainstream "it's all urban myth" brigade.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#23    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Sorry Kroe!, but the whole avelanche thing is a none starter for me! Apart from the tent being ripped,or torn apart from within, I have read about this subject quite a lot, and have never come across the part where it says that the search parties had to dig or move even a tiny avelanche's worth of snow! Thurther-more, surely the coroner would have known that the tongue would have been scavenged by a crow or some other meat scrouger! Besides, if it were scavengers that took it,whilst still in the young ladys mouth,..then why was there no mention of any other facial damage,i.e the lips and even more liely the eyes?,which i believe are always the first things to go!.. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, But i do believe that this incident is a <_< frustratingly never to be solved mystery!!!!

Good point, so what do you think happened to the hikers? I'm really curious as to how anyone, even up to today, cannot suggest plausible explanations. And please, no more hyraxs  :D

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#24    Cetacea

Cetacea

Poltergeist

• 2,352 posts

• "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when it is quite clearly Ocean."

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostSmugfish, on 15 March 2010 - 03:29 PM, said:

This is a forum about cryptozoology, is it not? So, I'm giving a balance to the overly weighted mainstream "it's all urban myth" brigade.
And if crypotzoology wants to start being taken seriously, it's followers should stop making stuff up because it's fun and come up with plausible explanations that do not fly in the face of scientific facts and that would be ecologically viable.

"There is about as much educational benefit to be gained in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by observing prisoners held in solitary confinement" - Jacques Cousteau

"We're not unique, just at one end of the spectrum."

#25    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

no, you're trying to slap your little, ridiculous hyrax theories into just about every thread in this forum. you haven't even answered any of the reasonable questions posed in your own thread, and you just infiltrate others with your nonesensical tie-ins to their topics. come on, man.

View PostSamuronin, on 15 March 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

Good point, so what do you think happened to the hikers? I'm really curious as to how anyone, even up to today, cannot suggest plausible explanations. And please, no more hyraxs  :D
it's such a strange story that it's kinda hard to even speculate as to what even MIGHT have happened. obviously there was just enough facts left out for it to end up that way. it's unfortunate, because i for one would like to know what happened... or even had enough to speculate myself as to what happened.

bigdaddyinge

#26    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

View Post1963, on 15 March 2010 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well you have to address the quality of information coming out of cold war Russia for a start and the sheer volumes of crap across the internet on such a thing.
Being frozen there would have been a lot of facial damage anyway so it may not have been so clear.
A lot of small carnivores go for the tongue, especially foxes and mustelids.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#27    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostMattshark, on 15 March 2010 - 03:59 PM, said:

Well you have to address the quality of information coming out of cold war Russia for a start and the sheer volumes of crap across the internet on such a thing.
Being frozen there would have been a lot of facial damage anyway so it may not have been so clear.
A lot of small carnivores go for the tongue, especially foxes and mustelids.
true, communist anywhere isn't a very reliable source for anything truthfull. but i think even small carnivores would have gone for the eyes too, unless of course the supposed radiation caused the tongue to taste like crap.

bigdaddyinge

#28    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

It's a forum about cryptozoology.  As in 'reported animals or creatures that fly in the face of science and/or common sense'.  Not 'Animals made up on the spot out of whole cloth just so you can feel more creative.'

When somebody reports a giant hyrax, feel free to go coocoo for cocoa puffs.  Until then quit making it such a master of disguise that everything from the Lizard Man to the Beast of Gevaudan to Chuck Norris turns out to be a giant freaking hyrax.  It wasn't even a good explanation for the one you made it up for, and spamming it everywhere as the answer to everything from werewolves to the common cold is not picking up any credibility points.

These people were in an incredibly dangerous, hostile environment that would kill them the second they forgot it.  I fail to see why an unknown flying animal with completely unrealistic science-fiction 'electrical field fear powers' is needed to explain what happened to them.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

#29    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

View PostDrago, on 15 March 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

It's a forum about cryptozoology.  As in 'reported animals or creatures that fly in the face of science and/or common sense'.  Not 'Animals made up on the spot out of whole cloth just so you can feel more creative.'

When somebody reports a giant hyrax, feel free to go coocoo for cocoa puffs.  Until then quit making it such a master of disguise that everything from the Lizard Man to the Beast of Gevaudan to Chuck Norris turns out to be a giant freaking hyrax.  It wasn't even a good explanation for the one you made it up for, and spamming it everywhere as the answer to everything from werewolves to the common cold is not picking up any credibility points.

These people were in an incredibly dangerous, hostile environment that would kill them the second they forgot it.  I fail to see why an unknown flying animal with completely unrealistic science-fiction 'electrical field fear powers' is needed to explain what happened to them.
amen and well said.

bigdaddyinge

#30    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Why do people think the tougne was removed by an animal, where it clearly states thae only hikers footprints were found.  Avalanche is not the reason i think, but i do however one of them got crazy and attacked the fellow hikers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users