Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Teachers to wear guns in South Dakota

governor dennis daugaard teachers guns school

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

This is a disaster of multiple proportions. Let's say you have a crazed gunman at a school. Law enforcement officiers arrive and see a person brandishing a gun and shoot him ... oops, it was a teacher and not the bad guy.

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

If you want to protect your children from gun-toting lunatics, in school or anywhere else, take away the guns.

(Exceptions for farmers and hunters).

#33    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

If you want to protect your children from gun-toting lunatics, in school or anywhere else, take away the guns.

(Exceptions for farmers and hunters).

Go look at Alaskas gun crimes. ( ratio to population / per capita ).....Alaskas has the most leniant gun laws in the US, and they are doing just fine.

Taking guns away will not work, as this has been discussed in about 100 different topics now on UM alone since Sandy Hook.

Take the gun control topic to a gun control topic, I am sure the search will lead you to many of them.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#34    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,296 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

I dunno; seems like in the States there are guns everywhere.  If you can't control them, then you need to protect the kids against them.  It is a bad solution to a worse problem.

More civilized countries just don't have all the guns around.  This applies in most of Asia and Europe.
Gimme a break with your civilized bs. You've been to the states. Was it the wild Wild West? Did you see guns everywhere you went. Did you even see anything bad happen?

Posted Image

#35    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 09 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

This is a disaster of multiple proportions. Let's say you have a crazed gunman at a school. Law enforcement officiers arrive and see a person brandishing a gun and shoot him ... oops, it was a teacher and not the bad guy.

They would not need to, as they would have all ready been informed of the crazed gunman being apprehended, or shot......" communication ", and Police do not just go in guns a blazing, real life is not like Hollywood.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#36    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,463 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

More civilized countries just don't have all the guns around.  This applies in most of Asia and Europe.

more civilized????, lol, good one,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#37    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

So far what I'm seeing is nothing good is going to come out of this 'solution' to who is going to be sorrier than the sorry 'I told you so' stand off in the end.

Mr_Fess can call be blind but I sure as hell won't be called stupid or ignorant if I don't see any of this leading up or ending up anywhere pretty ....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#38    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Gimme a break with your civilized bs. You've been to the states. Was it the wild Wild West? Did you see guns everywhere you went. Did you even see anything bad happen?
Civilization is a matter of subjective opinion.  I like the States, but I would not live there.  Many reasons and this is not the place, but don't you feel the decline going on all around you?  The guns are a part of this.Guns are in my opinion a necessary evil, but to be had only when necessary -- really necessary.  I would never have one around me.  I had enough of them when I was young.

#39    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,296 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Civilization is a matter of subjective opinion.  I like the States, but I would not live there.  Many reasons and this is not the place, but don't you feel the decline going on all around you?  The guns are a part of this.Guns are in my opinion a necessary evil, but to be had only when necessary -- really necessary.  I would never have one around me.  I had enough of them when I was young.
Guns are an indirect problem to other issues such as inner city family values lack of education and lack of respect for life and property. Inner cities account for the majority of crime. Guns have been around in good times and bad.
So if guns were limited as you'd like, how do you suppose they'd be around when they're necessary? Exactly. They won't. That's why we like to have them, if we want we are able to, at any given time that we need. You never know when they'll be necessary.

Posted Image

#40    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,879 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Gun crime is a symptom.
Hell, we had a bloke with a gun in Queen's Street Mall in Queensland on Friday. Why was he there? Because he had a psychological disorder and had been pushed to the limits and his disorder despite being diagnosed hadn't been treated because he wasn't a severe enough case.

#41    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

If it ain't smoking it's just a gun

I read that somewhere ..... don't remember where

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#42    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Picturing teachers with guns keeps popping up images from the movie "Stop or my mom will shoot!" into my head.

#43    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

" Teachers wearing guns ".......I remember a few teachers I wish wore nothing to work :)

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 10 March 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#44    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,879 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

I've worked with a former professional cheerleader who became a teacher.
No other comment.

#45    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,999 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 March 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

I've worked with a former professional cheerleader who became a teacher.
No other comment.

Lucky kids.......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users