Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother films 'ghost' in her baby's cot

UM-Bot

Jade Yates got the shock of her life when she saw something unusual sharing her daughter Ruby's cot.

The footage, which was later uploaded online, shows what appears to be a human-like shape next to the sleeping child which dissipates and reforms several times throughout the video. According to Yates, the door to the room had been closed and nobody else had been there at the time.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/291238/mother-films-ghost-in-her-babys-cot

• Like 2

Nothing to worry about, its a foggy baby fart.

I wouldn't take a recording of a screen as hard evidence, could be some one moving behind the camera and reflecting on the screen.

• Like 2

Why did she not go to the room and see if she could see it there? this is a bad example of bad videoing.

• Like 5

As someone who currently has an infant sleeping in a cot and uses a baby monitor, I know how damned disturbing these things are, especially when their night vision function is active.

I have seen and heard all sorts on our Baby Monitor, from the screen freezing for a few seconds then suddenly running again in fast forward to all sorts of shapes and shadows apparently haunting my little one.

Before anyone gets really excited about this, the lenses on these monitors are terrible, they do the job, but anything that obscures the lens, like a hair or some dust can make some pretty interesting shapes and shadows appear, especially when it is dark. I would suggest this is nothing more than an incredibly small object very close to the lens playing tricks.

• Like 4

The baby's room might have a pendulum clock, because the ''spirit's'' movement is like an pendulum sort of way

• Like 1

This did grab my attention I'll be honest. However, I do NOT believe it to be a 'ghost' or any such phenomenon.

Here's the reason why:

While viewing the video, click on the progress bar and gently sweep left and right with your mouse (or finger if using a phone) throughout the entire length of the clip. You'll see that the light that appears above the cot has a fixed origin/location from the bottom right of the screen. The light follows a strict path to the left, then back to the right and then repeats, It never goes beyond it's path and also you can see breaks in the light from the bars on the cot.

My opinion is that this is some sort of child's toy/light that has been left on in the room and it is slowly rotating/swinging and the camera is simply picking up the low level light.

I could be wrong but I had to put my hand in my pocket I'd go with the above.

• Like 4

Eh, it's interesting to look at, I see a vague baby-shape at the start of the video, sitting up near what I assume is Ruby's head. I don't really see any adult there though.

This did grab my attention I'll be honest. However, I do NOT believe it to be a 'ghost' or any such phenomenon.

Here's the reason why:

While viewing the video, click on the progress bar and gently sweep left and right with your mouse (or finger if using a phone) throughout the entire length of the clip. You'll see that the light that appears above the cot has a fixed origin/location from the bottom right of the screen. The light follows a strict path to the left, then back to the right and then repeats, It never goes beyond it's path and also you can see breaks in the light from the bars on the cot.

My opinion is that this is some sort of child's toy/light that has been left on in the room and it is slowly rotating/swinging and the camera is simply picking up the low level light.

It certainly is a much more logical and plausible reason than a ghost. :tu:

• Like 3

I'm with freetoroam on this one, but for a different reason...

A mother sees something "disturbing" on the baby monitor and her first impulse is to film it for 3 minutes?...

My first impulse would be to go in the room and see if the kid is alright... But then again, I'm not a "mum"...

• Like 8

i concur with posts #4 and #6.

Quality is awful and there seems to be some to and fro pattern.

My professional opinion. M'eh with a capital blah!

I agree with Grey, another case of bad optics.

I was wondering the same thing taun. Who would be weird enough to film the moniter for 3 min and never even check on the baby?

• Like 2

A mother sees something "disturbing" on the baby monitor and her first impulse is to film it for 3 minutes?...

My first impulse would be to go in the room and see if the kid is alright... But then again, I'm not a "mum"...

She's probably one of those 'debunker' types. :whistle:

• Like 2

Depends on what number kid it is. By the 3rd one you let them juggle knives lol.

• Like 2

There is a window on the other side of the crib. The light ball is a lens flare from passing cars.

• Like 1

Here's the reason why:

It actually wouldn't even have to be glowing, it could simply be reflecting the IR light from the cameras emitters, A day light photo of the room would probably clear this up.

That's what I was thinking! I would haul my butt into the babies room to make sure everything is okay!!

• Like 3

It actually looks like a spider web hanging down and moving in the air.

• Like 1

Why did she not go to the room and see if she could see it there? this is a bad example of bad videoing.

Worse ;

what is the point of baby monitor if you aren't going to rush in and help baby during ghost attack ?

:no:

• Like 3

My friends sister caught way weirder stuff than this on her baby monitor several years back, (she filmed a few things with her iPhone) and then I saw it happen for myself the one night, when myself, her sister and a few other girls got together at her place...in one of her videos the bloody mobile over the crib starts going on its own. I inspected the room several times over with her to try and figure out if there were drafts, cobwebs, etc...never figured it out and then kinda forgot about it. At least I did anyway lol but I'm not the mother... I wonder if I could get ahold of her...

There is as someone mentioned the possibility of the lense or the device somehow itself being glitchy/poor quality but what a terrible coincidence the mobile started turning while the "misty" figure showed up... Not the most comforting scenario.

Worse ;

what is the point of baby monitor if you aren't going to rush in and help baby during ghost attack ?

:no:

In the case of my friends sister who had this happening, it had occurred multiple times in which she did go running to check, and all was well, kid kept sleeping and she could see nothing in the room in person, before she finally decided to just video it for a change. Was she going to scare away the ghost/cobweb/bug anyway? Lol I mean what was she going to do....

Here's the reason why:

This. Some sort of mobile probably...