Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

DHS orders 160 billion rounds of ammo

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Wouldn't it be something if Obama just launches something to keep himself in office and declare himself El Presidente and scratches the voting arrangement.

An awful lot of anti-Obama sentiment is not based on anything that Obama has done in office at all, but in wild speculation of what he MIGHT do. None of which he has actually done.

He hasn't done ANYTHING in regard to second amendment rights, yet the right keeps insisting he will or is about to. So there's the usual nonsense that is driving up the cost of ammo... and for a weekly sporting clays shooter like myself, I don't appreciate your horseshit paranoia, as it's actually costing me money.

#17    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,907 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Right Neo. I mean, its not like the guy gave himself the power to shoot us on sight with no due process. Oh wait.

Well it not like he fully supported stealing trillions from the tax payer to give to his bankster friends. Oh wait.

We gotta give credit where its due. Its not as if he is forcing Americans to pay for services from private for profit insurance companies. MMM

Well, at least he didnt reapoint the man who one week before the crash of 08 told us everything was fine and the worst was behind us. Then gave away trillions of our tax dollars to foriegn banks. Oh wait.

At least he put a end to the TSA molesting our wives and children just to get on a plane. RRR mm

Well one good thing, at least he didnt continue and advance these unconstitutional undeclared wars in the middle east. That would have been really bad. darn it.

Why are you defending this guy again?

Edited by preacherman76, 22 October 2012 - 02:34 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#18    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

160 Billion? That's not a really big number, in the long term. DHS has around 200,000 employees. This is a one time order, so what we're talking 160b divided by 200,000 employees, that's 800,000 rounds per employee. Over ten years that about 6700 rounds per employees for ten years. That's comes out to about 55 rounds per months over ten years. Most DHS law enforcement divisions practice with their firearms to the tune of a couple hundred rounds per month. So really, I would have expected this number to be much higher. Even if it's for five years, that number is still only 110 rounds per month to practice with, this doesn't include duty rounds to be carried on duty so even if it's for 2.5 years, it still only comes out to a handful of duty rounds per agent per month. Not a big concern, when all the facts are looked at.

#19    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yeah 55 rounds a month is nothing, though I doubt all 200,000 employees would be carrying guns. Still this is nothing more than pointless paranoia. Obama is going to take complete control and kill everyone or some other crap. Still waiting for anything remotely like that to happen.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#20    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,426 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

And I thought I was paranoid. :ph34r:

#21    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,379 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

You are, but I still like you. :w00t:

#22    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,426 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postpallidin, on 22 October 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

You are, but I still like you. :w00t:
At least I'm not as nuts as the guy that started this thread!!

#23    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,907 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostCorp, on 22 October 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Yeah 55 rounds a month is nothing, though I doubt all 200,000 employees would be carrying guns. Still this is nothing more than pointless paranoia. Obama is going to take complete control and kill everyone or some other crap. Still waiting for anything remotely like that to happen.

Home land has now bought over 10 times the amount they have in any other year. This is an arms race between the government and the people.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#24    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 22 October 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Home land has now bought over 10 times the amount they have in any other year. This is an arms race between the government and the people.

Well, unless you know some people with nukes, drones, and cruise missiles, I am pretty sure you aren't going to win any arms races with the U.S. Government.

#25    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Right Neo. I mean, its not like the guy gave himself the power to shoot us on sight with no due process. Oh wait.

You are right to be upset about the patriot act and NDAA. But you should be upset at Bush, Congress, and Obama.

Most of the other things you listed are obvious half truths. I'm very much in favor of Obamacare, he drew down in Iraq, did NOT get us involved in Syria, Egypt, Algeria, or Libya.... all nations that were heavily involved in the Arab Spring. We did not put boots on the ground. So I'm not sure what you are saying about advancing wars in the middle east. Care to elaborate?

Edited by Neognosis, 23 October 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#26    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 22 October 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Don't worry. If you're a moderate or live and let live libertarian you will be fine. Everyone else is going to the new gulag we're building in Frutopia. Especially fright wingers who spend too much time on the internet spreading conspiracy theories, they'll be first.

Edited by Mr. Smith, 23 October 2012 - 01:19 AM.

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#27    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

hey, may be they need all the ammo cuz they finally decided to guard our borders now, and issue border agent live ammo instead of bean bags. lets hope it is so.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#28    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

View Postaztek, on 23 October 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

hey, may be they need all the ammo cuz they finally decided to guard our borders now, and issue border agent live ammo instead of bean bags. lets hope it is so.

Good luck with that. Big business wants cheap labor and the prison/law enforcement groups want illegal drugs to keep coming so they can make mo' money.

eta:but it would be nice to see real border enforcement.

Edited by Mr. Smith, 23 October 2012 - 02:04 AM.

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#29    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 23 October 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

Don't worry. If you're a moderate or live and let live libertarian you will be fine. Everyone else is going to the new gulag we're building in Frutopia. Especially fright wingers who spend too much time on the internet spreading conspiracy theories, they'll be first.

FEMA camps there real I read it on the internet.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#30    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

160 Billion? That's not a really big number, in the long term. DHS has around 200,000 employees. This is a one time order, so what we're talking 160b divided by 200,000 employees, that's 800,000 rounds per employee. Over ten years that about 6700 rounds per employees for ten years. That's comes out to about 55 rounds per months over ten years. Most DHS law enforcement divisions practice with their firearms to the tune of a couple hundred rounds per month. So really, I would have expected this number to be much higher. Even if it's for five years, that number is still only 110 rounds per month to practice with, this doesn't include duty rounds to be carried on duty so even if it's for 2.5 years, it still only comes out to a handful of duty rounds per agent per month. Not a big concern, when all the facts are looked at.

800 000 of their employees are certainly not all armed.

Also, does anyone know what type of ammo this is, out of curiosity?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users