Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#166    Vincennes

Vincennes

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I have to go with Spectre.  DNA or no DNA results, where do Big Foot believers say that the 7' - 10' bodies are ?  I am sincerely just asking.

#167    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

According to the accounts of people who claim to have had sighting Bigfoots are supposed to fall within the 6' - 9' range. There are reports of them being taller and up to a ton in weight, however I discount these higher and heavier reports as hysteria, but when people are freaked out they imagine they saw all sorts of things. It's happened to me and there's nothing special about me. Sort of like reporting you just saw a hundred VC when in fact they're were only ten, but I believe it was a hundred.

Fear is something you can't discount, they can be totally sincere, but it's hard to remain totally objective and rational when the fecal matter is rolling down the back of your legs.

#168    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say
This whole DNA sham is sickening, really.
As someone who loves science and nature, I'm disgusted, ashamed, and have no respect for anyone who is a member of the Secret Sasquatch and Yeti DNA Society.
It's the worst I've seen in bigfootery because they claim their work and results  are  backed up by science.
Unlike certain *unnamed* hoaxers who are only backed up by stupidity.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#169    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 08 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I'll go out on a limb and say
This whole DNA sham is sickening, really.
As someone who loves science and nature, I'm disgusted, ashamed, and have no respect for anyone who is a member of the Secret Sasquatch and Yeti DNA Society.
It's the worst I've seen in bigfootery because they claim their work and results  are  backed up by science.
Unlike certain *unnamed* hoaxers who are only backed up by stupidity.
The SSYDS? Surely there is a better acronym then that??

W - World
O - Organization
O - Of
K - Kindred
I - Investigative
E - Enlightened
S - Scientists

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#170    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 December 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

The SSYDS? Surely there is a better acronym then that??

W - World
O - Organization
O - Of
K - Kindred
I - Investigative
E - Enlightened
S - Scientists

Oooh! Enlightened...and...Scientists...you are much kinder and more generous than I, Diechecker.
But I like WOOKIES, it fits so well. Though, that is being too kind too. :)

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#171    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,761 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

I have not seen one person on any forum, or on the news excited about this. I do not think anyone took it serious at all.

Except BFRO and that crowd.

" The boys who cry wolf " should be Bigfoot enthusiasts tags.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#172    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostSakari, on 09 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

I have not seen one person on any forum, or on the news excited about this. I do not think anyone took it serious at all.
Except BFRO and that crowd.

And that is all who should.
But I have seen some posters with a "wait and see" attitude around.

#173    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'm going to go Bigfoot Forum surfing tomorrow and see what kind of Boo-hooing is going on in BF TrueBeliever land.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#174    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 09 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Oooh! Enlightened...and...Scientists...you are much kinder and more generous than I, Diechecker.
But I like WOOKIES, it fits so well. Though, that is being too kind too. :)
The K was the hardest letter to place. Maybe I can come up with a better one.

B - Bigfoot
I - Investigative
F - Forensic
F - Fabricators

#175    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 December 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

The K was the hardest letter to place. Maybe I can come up with a better one.

B - Bigfoot
I - Investigative
F - Forensic
F - Fabricators

(and their Abominable Allies)

#176    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,977 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Big
Ugly
Monster
Scientists

#177    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

S=sham-scientific
C=claims
A=are
M=misleading
M=multitudes-by
E=editing
R=reality

Edited by evancj, 09 December 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#178    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hey, since it's official and not illegal yet, anyone else going to grill bigfoot steaks for the holidays?

My husband's all over that...gives him an excuse to buy a bigger grill.

And we're all about our dinner guests.

"This is deeelicious! What is it?"

"It's our great great great great.... Uncle. Surprise!"

#179    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

In regards to the Dr Melba Ketchum study Dr.Todd Disotell pod cast and article is the best information regarding the DNA study out there.

http://doubtfulnews....foot-dna-claim/

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#180    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 07 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Circumstantial evidence doesn't suggest a single truth is possible but actually suggests that several truths are possible. This is important when considering Bigfoot claims and evidence.

Direct and conclusive evidence are not the same thing:

Direct evidence relates specifically to what a witness directly experienced. There is a lot of that when it comes to Bigfoot - it is all about the experience.

Conclusive evidence allows for no contradiction or requires no explanation. There is none of that when it comes to Bigfoot - evidence is frequently contradictory and there are always other explanations (circumstances).

Considering the long and ongoing history of fakery and storytelling of Bigfoot claims and evidence, unless even some of the circumstantial evidence can be shown to not be the product of hoaxes or misidentifications, Bigfoot cannot really be said to exist.

Which is why I go with the status of being imaginary until something - ANYTHING - suggests otherwise...

I have not believed in imaginary creatures since I was a wee lad.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users