Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Close are we to the 2nd coming and end times

hyuugaNeji

How close are we to jesus 2nd coming and the end of times?

To me It looks like were very close. Its appearant that we are indeed living in the last days.

In matthew 24 the deciples ask "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and the end of the world?

Jesus answered" for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye not be troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise up against nation and kingdom against kingdom: there shll be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in divers(meaning economic,physical,political,scientific and religous) places. All these are the begining of sorrow. then shall they deliver you to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name sake. And many false prophets shall rise, and decieve many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many wax cold. but he that shall endure unto the end shall be saved. And the gospel shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo here is christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets and shall shew great signs and wonders;inasmuch that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold I have told you before.

Political conditions-And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars....for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.For nation will rise up against nation and kingdom against kingdom

Note-the bible is careful to predict that in the time of anger and preparation for war there would be many efforts towards peace."for when they shall say Peace and safety;then suddden destruction cometh upon them" 1 thessolonians 5:2,3 right now were at war with iraq(there have been many speeches and arguments to avoid war) same goes for the Jews and muslims.

Economic Conditions- James 14 5;1-4 "Your rich are corrupted, Ye have heaped treasure togehter for the last days. behold the hire for labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth:

more frequently we hear stories about frauds

Scientific Conditions- "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4

It is interesting that God designed Daniels prophecies would be sealed up till "the end of time." During that period just before the end simultaneously people would begin to understand the prophecies of Daniel along with discovering great scientific knowledge.

Religous Conditions- Peter saide there would be scoffers. In the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts and saying "where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the begining of creation" 2 Peter 3:3,4

Paul also mentions 19 prevalent sins "know this also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, they are as listed- covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers (pope, who claims he is God on earth) disobedient to parents, unthankful, unhloy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontient, lovers of pleasures morethan lovers of God; having a form of godlness, but denying the power therof: from such turn away." 2 timothy 3:1-5.

Physical conditions- earthquakes(Japan, San Fransisco), famines( starvation in Africa), pestilences(swarms of locust in middle eaast that are damaging crops {I think}.

As anyone can see it is evident that wickedness of all kinds is on the increse. One would have to be blind and deaf or devoid of proper mentality in order not to be aware of world conditions.the world is fast becoming comparable to the prevalent conditions in the time of Noah before the flood.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyuugaNeji

• Stellar

• oljack666

• saucy

well, i've only heard of a 2 or 3 people claiming to be Jesus Christ reincarnated... so i think we're still kinda far away... if i live to even see the beginning, i'll be suprised

You'd think that after nearly 2000 years of saying we were in the end times people would be a bit more cynical about the idea, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The 2nd coming was supposed to be in the lifetime of those that witnessed jesus...2000 years ago. It didn't happen. The thousands of end times guesses between then and now should have been a clue that people aren't very good at knowing what is going to happen, but what are ya goona do? People keep trying...

It is a great marketing ploy on the part of the church though, I will give them credit for that..."The end is nigh...eternal damnation without us...welcome to the church...do what we tell you...oh and where is your donation?..."

The 2nd coming was supposed to be in the lifetime of those that witnessed jesus

Not true. Jesus was fortelling the future generations in which when Israel

officially became a nation. That was in 1948. Average healthy humans

can live up to around 70-90 years.

Add that to when Israel became a nation; 2018 - 2038.

But I believe that Jesus Christ will return within 20 years.

Edited by Norman

Welp, the Bible also says in those times a nation will be born in a day.

It would have to be a pretty important nation born in a day to pertain to this time frame they are speaking of in the bible, soooooooooooo, I say it is the

United Nations

Because this is going to be a world wide end times and not that of just a land.

Not Israel for those who are going to jump in here and try to correct me. Israel was a nation twice and it doesn't say anything like a nation born in a day that was once a nation before so there. Na, na, na, na, na

Edited by oljack666

You'd think that after nearly 2000 years of saying we were in the end times people would be a bit more cynical about the idea, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

rofl.gif I'm very cynical myself, so I have to say it will not be in my lifetime.....but who knows I could die one hour from now and then right after that the end times could happen? Or I could live to be the oldest man alive 100 years from now, die and then the end could come........or.......?

Women will be given in marriage ----- well, the church sort of set that one up for us didn't they.

They made June the month of weddings. So lets all look towards June to be the month.

I would like to say 2005, because every single day counting today and from this day forward 32,000 children across the world die in poverty from a hunger related disease because the (*^*(&$(&%#$&+_))&&^$%$@^$@_)+*(+

And that's all I have to say about that.

The 2nd coming was supposed to be in the lifetime of those that witnessed jesus...2000 years ago. It didn't happen. The thousands of end times guesses between then and now should have been a clue that people aren't very good at knowing what is going to happen, but what are ya goona do? People keep trying...

It is a great marketing ploy on the part of the church though, I will give them credit for that..."The end is nigh...eternal damnation without us...welcome to the church...do what we tell you...oh and where is your donation?..."

409695[/snapback]

Jesus also said that neither He nor the angels in Heaven knew when it would come, ONLY GOD KNOWS. But it will come.

The signs written about in Revelation, Daniel, Enoch, and Peter's Apocalypse (which was almost considered for the Bible above John's, but they thought was too graphic) are there so you know when it starts. SOME of what is written in REVELATION has already happened though (like the war in Heaven, Jesus being born, etc).

Welp, the Bible also says in those times a nation will be born in a day.

It would have to be a pretty important nation born in a day to pertain to this time frame they are speaking of in the bible, soooooooooooo, I say it is the

United Nations

Because this is going to be a world wide end times and not that of just a land.

Not Israel for those who are going to jump in here and try to correct me. Israel was a nation twice and it doesn't say anything like a nation born in a day that was once a nation before so there. Na, na, na, na, na

exactly, but the nation that will be born would be America (U.S.)Revelation 17, Seas represent multitudes, tongues, peoples, whereas the earth in Revelation 13 represents an unpopulated wilderness area. All the other BEASTS had crowns on their horns. Not so with the earth beast with lamb like horns which has no crowns, no Pope and no king, a republican form of government. The lamb like earth creature in Revelation 13 represents a nation that arises in 1798 outside of a previously populated area such as Europe. The earth beast with lamb like horns represents America rising to power, since it arises at the time the 1st sea beast is captured in 1798 (Pius VI captured by Berthier under Napoleon's war machine.) The lamb like earth beast is Christian in nature, it can only be the United States of America. Since the earth beast with lamb like horns represents Christianity it will not enforce worship that is Jewish (Saturday) nor will the USA enforce (Moslem worship), but rather since it is Christian it will enforce Sunday worship by law with penalties.

Laws governing the activities of man on Sunday will be enforced with penalties, Revelation 13 states that under the leadership of the 666 man, the earth beast with lamb like horns will prevent anyone who refuses to go along with the church and state system to be boycotted in no buying or selling and finally death. Revelation 18 States God will enlighten the earth as to the danger of this church and state system, and finally in Revelation 16, 7 vials or plagues of God's wrath fall upon the earth unmixed with mercy to punish the inhabitants of the earth for persecuting those refusing to go along with this established church and state system of worship.

Revelation 16 Christ comes to the earth under the 7th vial and the battle of Armageddon takes place.

Revelation 11:19 as Christ returns to the earth God displays in the sky the ark of the testimony for all to see, this is the 10 commandments written with God's own finger. Then the inhabitants of the earth will see God never changed His 10 laws as God gave Moses. Man now sees they have been fighting God by enforcing this system of worship. Thinking they have been doing God's bidding, in reality they have been enforcing man's laws and traditions. As they gaze into the sky and read these 10 precepts, they see the 4th commandment is still binding;

Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy six days shalt thou work but the 7th day (Saturday) is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God, in it thou shalt not do any work, for God blessed it and sanctified it Gen 2:3 . It is the Seal of God that is placed on the foreheads of God's people Revelation 14, the opposite of the Mark of the BEAST that is placed on the Apostate people's foreheads in Revelation 13.

Enforced worship by any government has only ended up in failure. God wants service to Him from love, not force. God is love. Force is a principle of the evil one (Satan). Throughout history man has sought to appease the gods when disaster strikes. As the judgments of God come upon the earth in the forms of fire, flood, earthquake, famine, etc., and as these judgments affect our lives and comfort, man will seek to appease God by enforcing Sunday laws, thinking these laws will stop these divine judgments, when in reality they are intended to cause the people to study and search the scriptures to find the true cause of divine judgment.

The 2nd coming was supposed to be in the lifetime of those that witnessed jesus

Not true. Jesus was fortelling the future generations in which when Israel

officially became a nation. That was in 1948. Average healthy humans

can live up to around 70-90 years.

Add that to when Israel became a nation; 2018 - 2038.

But I believe that Jesus Christ will return within 20 years.

409725[/snapback]

Some1 claiming to be Jesus will do no good, it may cause massive violence and death, the power the person would have would be immense over religious fanatics, extremely bad thing. I hope no government or no person falls for it.

if they do

Then i cannot believe the world i am stuck on

Edited by whoa182

There are a lot of prophecies concerning the end times. God is waiting for the last person who is going to be saved (no, not everybody will be saved) and when that last person will be saved, we will be raptured, then the seven year tribulation and then Christ will come. Always remember that as things happen and the coming seems near, the rapture is closer and that can happen at any second.

Nobody knows when any of it will happen and people just need to stop predicting. We're supposed to live as if it could happen today and it could.

again I so agree with you saucy.

Jesus said " the coming of the son of man will be as a theif in the night."

meaning you wouldn't be expecting it. we should live daily as if it was our last. Also when jesus appears he will not touch ground but we will be caught up with him in the clouds and very eye shall behold him.

During the rapture, we will meet Jesus in the clouds. After the tribulation, Jesus will appear with everyone from heaven, He will touch down on Mt. Olives and walk to and through the East Gate into Jerusalem.

saucy, are u a seventh day adventist?

No, I'm worse...a baptist. Really, i've studied this stuff in bible college so I have a knowledge about it, nothing more.

"And then god said unto Cain, 'Where art thou brother Abel?'"

Why does 'god' no longer talk to us in such a manner. Why is it that we haven't seen any real siginificant religous event since the birth of Chirst over 2000 years ago but people before Jesus saw events on a nearly yearly basis? Could it be that people became more aware of the Jews and their agenda, that the Torah was written to justify their practices, and the christian church does the same thing through the writtings of Jesus? "Be scared and shamefull, donate, donate, and repent and ye shall be washed away of all sins!"

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, they are as listed- covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers (pope, who claims he is God on earth) disobedient to parents, unthankful, unhloy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontient, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godlness, but denying the power therof: from such turn away.

And I say, how many times do we have to read what the skeptics have to say about how not all Christians don't act accordingly. How they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

(pope, who claims he is God on earth)

This is regarded as blasphemy, unholy, disobedient to the Lord, not to mention a false accusation.

Well, I say to all true Christians reading this Christian's topic, step away from it and don't post. Let the skeptics have at him. It is not becoming for us to stand along side this writer with such a malicious statement, of which he has absolutely no proof because it is not the word of God, but rather the word of man. Please be with me on this. We are above these kinds of things. I will remove my comments when the writer removes the above statement.

Edited by oljack666

To inform you I am a seventh day adventist not catholic

i think i heard God once... He talks to all that talk to Him, but do we ever stop to here what He has to say?

why dont you post the whole thing with the scripture that I have to back it up. things like this make me look like I came up with these things. it is in the bible.

To inform you I am a seventh day adventist not catholic

409948[/snapback]

And ignorance is bliss. You still believe in the word of God.

Did I forget to mention hypocrite.