Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The EU is on the blitz against Eurosceptics.

Professor T

Appears to me that the Happy happy joy joy nobel peace prise winning European Union is not content to allow people in Blogs or Forums to have political debates where (dare I say it) someone might say something bad against the European union!! :o (This imo shows these paranoid people in power are very afraid.)

The Daily Telegraph has seen confidential spending proposals and internal documents planning an unprecedented propaganda blitz ahead of and during European elections in June 2014.

Key to a new strategy will be "public opinion monitoring tools" to "identify at an early stage whether debates of political nature among followers in social media and blogs have the potential to attract media and citizens' interest".

"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9845442/EU-to-set-up-euro-election-troll-patrol-to-tackle-Eurosceptic-surge.html

• Like 3

Herr Doktor Goebbels would approve.

* Isn't it interesting how so much of this sounds so similar to the kind of thing the Politburo and the Central Committee of the Communist Party would come up with. "A confidential document entitled "political guidelines for the institutional information and communication campaign" was agreed by the parliament's administrative "bureau" last July." Yes, Comrade.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
  • Like 4

Spending includes a £9.4 million instalment for a controversial new museum of Europe, an £82 million "House of European History" opening in 2015 to celebrate the EU's "historical memory" and to "promote awareness of European identity".

Perhaps Nuremburg would be a suitable location.

• Like 1

Too much in-fighting, back stabbing and squabbling going on,for Europe to ever be a Super Power.(Its my ball and I'm not playing anymore).!!!

• Like 1

Too much in-fighting, back stabbing and squabbling going on,for Europe to ever be a Super Power.(Its my ball and I'm not playing anymore).!!!

It worked out OK for the U.S., with just as much in-fighting, back-stabbing and squabbling going on :)

The Eurocrats have found a tax, the transactions tax, that would tax Britain a lot and the other countries only a little. If they manage to impose it, the net effect will be to drive most stock and other financial transactions to the States, giving the Eurocrats little extra money and harming Britain a lot.

It worked out OK for the U.S., with just as much in-fighting, back-stabbing and squabbling going on :)

Guess you are right but then the U.S hasnt got 27 different nations and languages to worry about.
  • Like 4

Guess you are right but then the U.S hasnt got 27 different nations and languages to worry about.

True enough.

• Like 1

how stupid. everyone should be allowed to say what they like about europe ! I think we should still trade with them but get rid of all this E.C.O.H nonsense!

Apart from that little glitch between 1861 and 1865 ...

Well, this was predictable, it's how they do things. (see Irish referendum).

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

The EU needs to buck its ideas up. One of the reasons why Euroskepticism is on the increase and is now a view shared by the majority of the people of the EU is because of the EU's utter contempt for democracy and free speech. This attempt to "silence" anybody who dares question the EU is like something from a left-wing dictatorship and is going to do NOTHING to halt the spread of Euroskeptiscism.

• Like 4

The Eurocrats have found a tax, the transactions tax, that would tax Britain a lot and the other countries only a little. If they manage to impose it, the net effect will be to drive most stock and other financial transactions to the States, giving the Eurocrats little extra money and harming Britain a lot.

Don't worry. If the transactions tax is ever imposed it will just simply drive Britain out of the EU and back to freedom and democracy.

• Like 4

the EU budget for propaganda as gone through the roof. they are using the tactics of 3 to 1. in spending terms. you'd think if the EU was so good, people would already realise without being told. - i had to laugh last week, while watching highlights of EU debates/rules being passed, i couldn't believe what i witnessed, while Rome burns (europe falling apart) they debated and passed a new EU rule, that a Jigsaw puzzle of Five hundred pieces or more will no longer be classed as a Toy. and unsuitable for Children. if its 500 pieces or less it will still be classed as a Toy. you couldn't make it up could you.

• Like 3

EU is simply trash union... i will explain but i have to go out, i'll just say it was EU who brought bad economy and poverty too many countries, we were somwhat forced too pay 100 billions right before crisis struck and our officals in government knew that crisis is right at the door step, but noooo after EU contract we must help Greece.. like others did but that's how we signed the death sentence for us... Months later we had shortage of funds in national budget and then hell begun, massive companies went broke, small companies went broke, and now it is getting worse 5 years later... Since we entered it nothing good came out of it..

I really hope entire system falls apart and we get our previous currency back, dream that shall never be real again :cry: . Please dont try to save EU like some experts said system was trash when it started and it's even now.. Gains - 0 ; losses - Big time..

• Like 3

Can always talk in the street if they bully pulpit you off the net. Although I feel such a drive as was described in the Op dopes would not come without consequences. If Im too understand British/Irish politics I need to be able to read an uncensored version.

• Like 2

If the EU was working well for Europeans it wouldnt need to monitor and interfere in conversations on social media. This "solution" is straight out of 1984

• Like 5

Not understanding the poliics over there how close is this to being rule ? Or is it just one of those nutter proposals like we get so many of in the USA.

the EU budget for propaganda as gone through the roof. they are using the tactics of 3 to 1. in spending terms. you'd think if the EU was so good, people would already realise without being told. - i had to laugh last week, while watching highlights of EU debates/rules being passed, i couldn't believe what i witnessed, while Rome burns (europe falling apart) they debated and passed a new EU rule, that a Jigsaw puzzle of Five hundred pieces or more will no longer be classed as a Toy. and unsuitable for Children. if its 500 pieces or less it will still be classed as a Toy. you couldn't make it up could you.

Yep,they have passed loads of rules like this instead of getting Europe up and running as a world competitor,I guess they employ someone to count all the pieces before releasing them for sale.I also fell about laughing when they ruled that a knife blade exceeding 10cm (4 inches) is a weapon,but under that its not ????..so my carving knife is a weapon but my tatie peeler isnt,crazy logic.
  • Like 1

Dont get me started on those idiots in Brussel. I have seen my fair share of documents about those so called politicians and how they go to meetings signing the attendance charts and leave afterwards to get the money. Also its interesting that most of them earn MORE money AFTER tax than before tax. How is that even possible? Especially with way too high wages in the first place. I have never met a person who is happy about the eu. No matter if from rich countries or thanks to the eu now poor ones. Everyone wants their own currency back

• Like 3

A major advantage we had was that we had no previous identity of being separate nations and we largely came from the same culture... Whereas with Europe it's really only been in my lifetime that it's been "United"... It has thousands of years of separate (and often hostile) cultures, separate languages, currencies, trading practices, etc... You don't just throw all of that out the window overnight... Plus (as I understand it) the Eu started off simply as a trade organization, that grew in a hodge-podge way into a governing body....talk about serious "mission creep"! :o

• Like 3

QUOTE-

Key to a new strategy will be

"public opinion monitoring tools"

to "identify at an early stage

whether debates of political nature

among followers in social media

and blogs have the potential to

attract media and citizens'

interest".

to be fair, all they're going to be doing is listening in to gauge public opinion, not to send in the stormtroopers if someone says 'all MEP's are lying, thieving ****s', and I think this is a good thing, because then, the lying, thieving ****s at the EP will know just how much we all hate the lying, thieving ****s!!

• Like 3

QUOTE-

to be fair, all they're going to be doing is listening in to gauge public opinion, not to send in the stormtroopers if someone says 'all MEP's are lying, thieving ****s', and I think this is a good thing, because then, the lying, thieving ****s at the EP will know just how much we all hate the lying, thieving ****s!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. (Not attacking you personally in this post bro, just attacking a bit of logic here to make sure everyone doesn't loose sight of what's going on here.) :tu: thanks..

From artical..

"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

These forums are a public space where opinions and thoughts are shared...

These kind of influencing actions by polititians should NOT BE ALOUD! because this is blatantly an organised effort by TPTB into public space at the publics expence to influence public thought and opinion.. It really get's on my nerves when people advertise in these forums.. What the EU is proposing here is no different.. it's Advertising at it's worse because it is disguised as healthy debate..

Let us see in UM's own Rules board how many rules the European Union will be breaking by doing this during the elections next year...

] [/b]
  • 3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.
  • 3j. Thread derailment: Do not derail or 'hijack' threads with posts that are either off-topic or designed to draw attention away from what is being discussed
  • 3k. Forum warfare: Do not initiate or participate in "wars" with other members. Collective or individual attempts to attack, accuse, discredit or force a certain viewpoint on other members are disallowed. A "war" can constitute a prolonged series of disruptive confrontations between specific members or groups of members with similar beliefs or views, usually with either side accusing the other of being the aggressor and attacking, criticising and baiting each other on a regular basis. Action will be taken against members who instigate or participate in this type of activity.
  • 5d. Topic bashing: Do not enter a thread just to shout "fake!" or to state point blank that "x does not exist". Elaborate on your response.

• Like 2

Dont get me started on those idiots in Brussel. I have seen my fair share of documents about those so called politicians and how they go to meetings signing the attendance charts and leave afterwards to get the money. Also its interesting that most of them earn MORE money AFTER tax than before tax. How is that even possible? Especially with way too high wages in the first place. I have never met a person who is happy about the eu. No matter if from rich countries or thanks to the eu now poor ones. Everyone wants their own currency back

Only a bit more than half of Brits aren't happy to be in the EU and most of those are Conservatives who can't stand the idea they have to share fame and fortune with Belgiums, Bulgarians and Lithuanians and most of these can't accept the idea they aren't allowed to have special privileges and pick and choose what part of the EU they want to have a piece of. No wonder the rest of Europe is also waving and saying good riddance.

If Britain withdrew from the EU, I'm not too convinced they would come out it unscathed. Here's an interesting perspective from Bloomberg looking at both eventualities.

Link